It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are out there... and we need to stop trying to talk to them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

ok mr. hawkins CHILL, you are not the boss of the universe. quite frankly you sounding more and more like you are becoming mentally impaired. we all heard you the first and the 100thx alright already. besides if you know anything else on the topic you know we are all one big alien race family-i know that just thru my post graduate education...and you are a bona fide scientist PHD. so lets all fasten our seat belts for the unavoidable cosmic journey we are all already on!! bon voyage!!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by listerofsmeg

They wont attack until the time is right. Just like they wont be seen unless they want to be seen. That's my opinion anyway.

Wonderworld,
you actually sounded like a Rogue Reptilian in your response. So forgive me for asking but are you part alien? The Rogue Reptilians are a threat to us here on earth and to some alien species out there.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

S & F and I couldn't agree more. I have always thought that while the UFO alien clique wish to meet ET I will observe from a distance. If they were going to land and "be friendly" I think they would have done so by now. But with all of our (planet earth) destruction, non peaceful way of life, wars and such I wouldn't land here either!

Its dreamy to conjour up thoughts of peaceful aliens who can heal our troubles & ailments however with such an ignorant society we live in today they would be better off taking the entire planet for theirselves. Its too bad, but its also the reality we live in.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
reply to post by Magnus47

Also, the reason fringe science is "fringe" science isn't because scientists lack an open mind, but more specifically because most "fringe" science is based on a total lack of actual scientific data.

Today at least, most astro-physicists and astronomers support the idea of extra terrestrial life. But they're not going to make the speculative leap to saying they're already here because of half-baked accounts of abductions and UFO sitings, which really, could be anything.

IMO, there's no problem there.

We're a very intelligent race. Just because sometimes our morals are lacking, don't make the mistake in selling us short. We've accomplished a lot, and will accomplish things we've never even dreamed in science fiction. Scientists are the way they are for a very good reason. In order to progress, we must build foundations upon things that are fundamentally concrete, proven through a very critical process.

Speculation will always play a part, but there's a very good reason UFO/alien phenomena are only speculation at this point, and not something more concrete. There simply isn't enough data to "test."

Edit: Believe it or not, the thought of finding planets in other solar systems was, in the early 1990's, considered nothing more but fringe science. It wasn't until the first extrasolar planet was discovered in 1995 that more astro-physicists and astronomers became open to the idea. So just because something is considered fringe science or conspiracy doesn't mean the concept doesn't have merit, just that we don't have the capability or raw data to make more accurate and concrete theories about the subject.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

OMG you skeptics make living a life so much harder. You have to live in a cold, scientist mindset and have to PROVE everything through science, the same mentality the greys harbor. Heck, here is a thought that just came to mind, maybe all et and ufo skeptics are actually greys and do not even realize it. So their conscious scientific mind overruns their unconscious side of them with such force that this projects into the cold science proof deal they live in.
Abductions are not half baked, OMG, I have been abducted by the greys for 26 years now and fly for the Zetans now and then and have communicated with other races out there. And have interacted with the Reptilian race for the past 8 months so I know they are real. I am not insane or stupid. Do you have any idea how magnificent and awestriking you become when you look at the bottom of a ufo while taking off? Dark and unimaginable flying upwards into the dark unforgiving skies?

Skeptics choose to live a life of science because they can not open themselves up enough to believe there is actually another species out there intellectual, spiritually and technologically advanced well beyond people on Earth. They have to hold concrete proof in the palm of their hands and then still not believe. The truth is there will be no proof of this magnitude unless the ETs wish it to be. I better stop writing as this might end up taken out by Mods.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
aliens are hostile, they are not your friends, they are not your drinking buds who want to sit around slamin down cold ones. and all those who are looking for, " a new age of enlightenment" will be in for a big surprise.

if ol teddy were alive he would say, we need to be quite and get a bigger stick

I agree that some ets have groups within their species who harbor hostile tendencies but not a whole species. Some species of aliens are rather docile and intelligent others live a more an instinctual life that revolves around daily survival like an insects life I guess you could call this. Some species have very hostile subsections but the species as a whole are not violent or hostile.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by covert1]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hawking's quote was used in the scene for the upcoming movie SKYLINE.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
when it comes to aliens, all we can do is guess.
the only way to know for sure is with contact.
talking to them is not going to change wether they are nice or nasty.
if they are going to enslave humanity it wont be because we poked them on facebook.
i say send them as much messages as we can and hope for a reply because as it seems, without them we are doomed to remain on the third rock from the sun (not including moons and meteors).

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Mankind must abandon earth or face extinction: Hawking

"Mankind's only chance of long-term survival lies in colonizing space, as humans drain Earth of resources and face a terrifying array of new threats"

I'm more concerned about a cataclysm such as an asteroid or volcano bringing on a rapid ice age.

]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think it is frankly naive of us to think that aliens would require us to send out primitive signals in order to know that we're here. Even if signals never get more advanced than light waves, any race within 2 or 3 billion light years with a big enough telescope could at least see that our planet is habitable.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I still think that Stephen hawking is wrong by saying extraterrestrials would attack. I've seen numerous UFOs that I could not explain by conventional logic and I cannot disagree further. Extraterrestrials are waiting for the proper moment in time and for the best person to come forward and say, here I am! I am waiting for you to make contact with us!

[gratuitous link removed]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'll put it this way: When it comes to aliens, anyone - even David Icke, is more credible than Hawking. Hawking has no idea what's he taliking about and is looking at things from a very small perspective or is purposely spreading fear.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't believe in hawkings view, not at all. If you think about the agenda of ets in general and their only plan was to rape the earth and kill us then why not just simply kill everyone on this planet when they first contacted Earth. Why the abductions of people, the experiments, the genetic testing and manipulations. Why the big study on people of the earth. Why watch in a ufo as the people on Earth all wage war with eachother and watch from a distance. Why even bother to do crop circles, why the ancient hieroglyphs and large structures you can only see from far up in the sky. Why contribute anything at all to a planet when an ets only agenda is to kill people and rape a planet. Hawking has this wrong. There is more going on here than the extermination of man on earth. What makes me upset is when people think all ETs are bound by one ruling. There are more than one species out there, multiple species actually and they all have their own thought patterns, their own views, their own agendas.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

we dont want beef with you, we just wanna bang ur broads, lol

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, the thing is. In the universe there are many types of intelligent races, without going on to wich ones. Some are simply good, some are bad. Humans are one of the bad ones. So who are we to judge really?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said.

This presumes aliens will have the same narrow agenda, motivation, needs and relatively small mind that Columbus had.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazabel51

ok mr. hawkins CHILL, you are not the boss of the universe. quite frankly you sounding more and more like you are becoming mentally impaired. we all heard you the first and the 100thx alright already. besides if you know anything else on the topic you know we are all one big alien race family-i know that just thru my post graduate education...and you are a bona fide scientist PHD. so lets all fasten our seat belts for the unavoidable cosmic journey we are all already on!! bon voyage!!

wow I just caught this post. Please dont call me mr. hawkins and to chill,, I dont like hawkins he's a atheist. I only agree about not communicating with these entities, they are not good. Me and Hawkins agree on that alone, nothing more!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by covert1

Yes I am a Rogue Reptilian and only visit early in the morning. NOT

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Thanks for the vid, that was cool!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneWolf83

Very funny LoneWolf!

You dont want beef with me, you just wanna **** @#&&^ , man you sound more like a Reptilian than me!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Earth, our beautiful oceans............our planet of life.

We should be protecting her, guarding her..........treating her as the queen that she is.

But, we desicrate her on a daily basis. We defile her, rape her and desocrate her, all in the name of "profit".

Perhaps, if we do not revere Mother Earth - she should be invaded and taken over by another species that does revere her.

Perhaps, humanity does not deserve to live upon her..................we are nothing more than fleas upon the back of a dog. Only blood and energy suckers, like fleas on the back of a dog.

Harsh statments, and I expect no star and flags for this post.

Earth is such a beautiful planet and humanity is such a wasteful species to dominate it - makes no logiical sense.

edit on 7-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join