It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Anti-Mosque Ad, M.T.A. Is Reminded of Its Limited Powers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think we're more than freaking "even" with the number of Muslims "we" killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. But keep veiling the issues and perpetuating the hate

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Free Speech Lawsuit: NYC Bans '9/11 Images'

www.americanthinker.com...

The ad was refused. When I asked on what grounds, CBS Outdoor told me that the city said that "images of 911 were not allowed."

I was floored. I said, "It is American history. How can it be banned? What about Pearl Harbor? Is that censored, too? On what grounds are 911 images banned? It is unconscionable."

The CBS Outdoor representative told me, "You can't run the plane."

I said, "So what? That's what they say. Others think differently. You are telling me they have said it has nothing to do with Ground Zero. But they are on record repeatedly as saying they want it there for Ground Zero 'healing' and 'outreach.'" And I added, "Who cares what they say? What do they [the Ground Zero mosque imam Feisal Abdul Rauf and his wife Daisy Khan] have to do with running my ad? They dictate what can and cannot run?"

Who's running the country?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I think we're more than freaking "even" with the number of Muslims "we" killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. But keep veiling the issues and perpetuating the hate

I just wanted to keep within the domain of religious monuments. You know, "eye-for-an-eye" and all that.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Uh huh. I wonder if any got damaged in Iraq or Afghanistan. And I wonder if Iraq views that billion dollar embassy as a statement. But those are whole other topics.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Let's turn the tables here:

What if say, Christians wanted to build a mega-church on or near the WTC area?

Would anyone complain?

If no one complains, it just PROVES the hypocrisy of people opposed to the mosque!

They are literally a bunch of retards that are still in the dark about 9/11! They probably still think that Saddam was responsible for it! I have met people who STILL think this, 9 years later!

All religions are garbage but they don't smell as bad as the anti-mosque hypocrites!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Geller = Huge rationalizer and BS artist.

It IS false advertising. That date is FALSE. They can't possibly build it that fast.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

People expressing their right to speak. I stopped caring about the mosque because God help them if they ever say anything against America.

I realized that many Muslims in NYC are agnostic and moderate and would probably through a violent speaker out.

If people want to speak about their dislike for the mosque, they can.

This stopped being a religious issue a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yes. They can and do. But that doesn't stop us from being able to recognize and also speak out about their possibly shady motives and methods or to question their facts.

Also, while you and I agree that at it's core this is not religious, for some subset of people this does appear to be religious in nature. That's pretty evident in the myriad of comments we see about this subject around the web.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well you see, that's why those people don't decide what happens in these matters. That's why we are a republic, not a democracy.

In fact what is happening now on a national level is an excellent opportunity to remind the American people of our being a republic and not a democracy. The benefits far outweigh any negatives.

And personally, as a Christian, it just means more people to convert and talk to and learn from. Not some retarded crusade to start.

Funny how the protestants hate the pope but act so much like previous popes.

I personally view this whole administration at this point as experimenters in double think. Right now they are trying to convince us we are a democracy but they have to act like a republic in this situation.

Ironic that this issue bites them in the behind. If anything this administration proves double think can never work practically.

All that said, I would like to know his funding sources. But just as funding the green movement in Iran or the tea party movement here has no correlation to who actually joins something, the same is true here.

I have both witnessed and been subject to entering into something to change people and ending up changing to be like the people I wanted to change. This is an ideal moment to create a new branch of Islam in America. Just as baptists and what not were born here to adapt to a different culture.

I would not be surprised to see a new faith which is Christian that lives Muslim law in 20 years from now growing in America's bible belt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join