It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food for thought from a great man about entitlements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Davey Crockett mad the following speech in the Senate. This is the attitude that will save America from its current situation. Anything less is just a temporary fix. The speech is fairly long, but I highly recommend all Americans read it so they understand the role government is supposed to play according to the constitution.

Not Yours To Give

www.juntosociety.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good speech, read it all and enjoyed it. Crockett was a great man.

line

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wonderful speech. S+F

More than just the king of the wild frontier eh?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
great speech

great man

wish we had more like him today

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Col. Crockett's speech put me into tears, I admit.

I wish we had men like this to represent us.

He actually tried to know his constituents, he tried to understand what they needed and to represent them accordingly.

He realized when he was clearly wrong, and faced up to it.

We have nothing like this today in our joke of a system.

I pray that we will one day be graced by the presence of such great and honorable men once again. And that our nation will come back to life anew.

How we need this man desperately today.

But are not many of you like this man? I believe in my heart many of you are. And will prove to be made of the same spirit that these great men were, by your acts not your words.

1787 Nov. 13. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." (to W. S. Smith, B.12.356)

Thomas Jefferson
www.monticello.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What do we have today?

Criminals, usurpers, thieves, fraudsters, tyrants, liars.

Our system has been stolen from us, our land taken, our wealth sucked dry, our great minds sapped by lies, and so on and so forth.

If Crockett were alive today, he would have revolted years ago.

Our forefathers turn in their graves because we are too patient, hell dare I say we are cowards? Let it not be so I plead.

We must stand up alone because if we wait for others to stand, we will all be sitting here forever.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Awesome
I must say I was greatly impressed with that speech. If only those in politics today were aware of the message in it. Star and flag for you sir, for bringing this to my attention.

top topics

join