It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madness In The Fast Lane - Suicide Pact?/Mental Illness?/Superhuman Twins?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I wonder if narcotics have been ruled out. I also wonder if they where into anything occult. Both can produce psycosis and or an altered state.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

The Great Day

There were NO traces of Alcohol or Drugs in the two twins when taken into custody...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I watched the show last night,and for some reason my poor brain kept telling me I was watching some kind of clever hoax/aprils fools repeat or something...

It was just so completley bizarre..

I was amazed to discover the events did take place when I check the internet for news articles.

How on earth do two people simultaniously suffer from such an episode???

Maybe something to do with them being twins?

Completley of the chart...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Please see my post on page 1 re a recognised but very rare condition called 'folie a deux'

Lterally translated I think it means 'madness times two'.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by slidingdoor]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by slidingdoor

Just an aside to thank you for the information! It's very informative and interesting stuff that has had me lost in google for quite awhile now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyGirl

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You're very welcome !

Something else not covered in the documentary, but, which you may wish to search for also is the often reported super human strength of some affected by mental episodes.

I can only imagine as their brains leave the realms of reality their limits become boundless , i.e. they have no concept of pre- conditioning about not being able to take on 6 adults at once !

Food for thought about the untapped reserves we may have lurking in our sub - conscious.

Indeed, this has also been tapped into in a positive way and reported . Examples I've heard of include fathers lifting cars to release a trapped childs limb. Sorry , no links but I'm sure you've all heard of such things.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow. After watching that... just wow.
When people are this hostile and incomprehensible you really have to hand it to the cops for not just putting a bunch of holes in them and ticking the 'life threatening danger' box in the paperwork afterward... I'm not so sure i could trust myself to do the same given the situation.

It's funny though, i just finished dating a twin of Swedish ancestry, and she seemed to act quite similarly in times of distress... Her closet crack habit may have been something to do with this however...

Just my luck that i pick the evil twin haha :p

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It would be interesting to have more background on these twins,as that may shed more light on the events.

Where did they work before the events?
Did they take part in anything out of the ordinary,such as occult worship or some kind of pharma drug trial/twin experiments?

So strange.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Would be nice if we could locate the twins see if they have regained sanity an if they can shed some sort of incite on this.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor

Please see my post on page 1 re a recognised but very rare condition called 'folie a deux'

Folie a deux is my favorite X-files episode.

Anyway, a thorough check into the background of these twins may hopefully reveal the reason why they behaved like this.

They could have been through some sort of trauma or abuse that inevitably lead them to the situation we saw. Even if it isn't any sort of public knowledge the troubled behaviors they displayed seemed indicative of an individual that sees no hope in their existence or is dealing with immense pain. Too bad they won't reveal what caused it.

Usually people attempting to kill themselves aren't being directed by the government and actually are in a really bad real-life place. The "super strength" can be dismissed as simply a byproduct of their mind-state. The human body is capable of such things when the mind is determined to resist outside forces. Kind of like the man that lifted the helicopter off his friend in a rescue attempt.

Clearly they want to end their lives, so where is their family at this time?
Where are the friends?

They seem like deeply troubled girls and I wonder what was done to them.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I darned well KNEW I had heard of "folix a deux" somewhere...
Cheers Lee,you cracked it.

What a crazy syndrome...I wonder what sets it off?
Some weird connection between souls/minds or something we have yet to discover...

Sounds like a good reason not to hang out with mad people.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I watched this last night and found it both fascinating and disturbing. From my limited second-hand knowledge (wife was a psychiatric nurse for 10 years), it definitely seems there was some kind of linked temporary psychosis.

As for the mentally ill having superhuman strength, that's a fallacy. The supposed extra strength comes from the adrenalin pump, and you don't have to be diagnosed with a mental disorder for this to occur.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
WOW...who mentioned MKUkltra before?

Heres a possible connection:

Related phenomena
There have been reports that a similar phenomenon to folie à deux had been induced by the military incapacitating agent BZ in the late 60s,[3][4] and most recently again by anthropologists in the South American rainforest consuming the hallucinogen ayahuasca (Metzner, 1999)[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

BZ!!!!
Wasn't that one of the '___' derived "toys" that project MK was playing with?
(Also forms the basis of the delusions in the film "jacobs ladder")

It was indeed:

Dr. Van Sim, chief of the Clinical Research Division, tried all new chemicals himself before subjecting volunteers to them. "Did he enjoy getting high, or were his acid trips simply a patriotic duty?" ask Lee and Shlain. Sim, who had tried acid on "several" occasions, reported, "It's not a matter of compulsiveness or wanting to be the first to try a material." He later described his first experience with BZ: "It zonked me for three days. I kept falling down and the people at the lab assigned someone to follow me around with a mattress." He later received the Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service, cited for "exposing himself to dangerous drugs 'at the risk of grave personal injury.'" Talk about lying down on the job..

www.historyhouse.com...

Maybe these girls had escaped from porton down or similar,although from the descr4ipion of the effects of BZ,I doubt they were on that stuff.

Made me think though-the cops only test for certain classes of drugs,so maybe these girls had used something so exotic it does not register on the cops tests???

I mean I doubt they test for ayuhasca or Salvia D,both of which can send your marbles flying out your ears...not sure about the super strengh though.As was said,probably just down to the adrenaline.

Seriously though,I am still floored that this event was a reality.
It really can be a chaotic place our little planet sometimes.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

AFAIK, they hadn't escaped from anywhere, they were both in perfectly normal relationships, one in the USA, one in Ireland.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow

AFAIK, they hadn't escaped from anywhere, they were both in perfectly normal relationships, one in the USA, one in Ireland.

Thing is,that does not fit with the description of the syndrome on wiki.

This syndrome is most commonly diagnosed when the two or more individuals concerned live in proximity and may be socially or physically isolated and have little interaction with other people.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although these girls,it sounds like,were not living in isolation.
Damned weird indeed.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I propose a what if... Just because it strikes me and is what I was thinking all the way through...

What if it has been possible to clone a human for a number of years, off the record??

What if you had enough money and the right connections you could clone yourself??

What if you found out you were a clone of a rich powerfull person and found out they were in a foreign country???

What if you discovered your life as a clone was meaningless as it was only to exist for the harvesting of your organs to maintain the constitution of the original??

What if you discovered that the rich and powerful original could enhance the clones for the purpose of enhancing the organs so when harvested they would in turn enhance themselves??

What if the rich and powerful had realised her clones had gone missing and sent some agents of some description to track them down??

What if??

This is my take on this seemingly bazar event.

When you look into the face of the twins you may be looking into the face of one of the powers that be... Someone who has significant money, power, control, influence and resources...

Whom may that be I wonder??

Korg.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's a very strange story. And I think it's more than a bit dodgy to release someone who hasn't explained themselves properly. They're still a danger in my opinion. It's easy to say there was a sudden onset of madness and then it went away, but going to court, doing 5 years in jail or whatever, but NEVER explaining the reasons for their actions is just bizarre. ???

I'd love it if some researcher could look into those twins a bit more and give us a follow up. Let us know what they're up to, do they have a reason NOW for that incident.

When did they get into conspiracy stuff? One had a sun visor with "time to believe" or something on it. One said something about harvesting organs. Then she goes on to say something like "I've seen you before , I know you're not real." Pulling cigarettes from people's mouths saying they might be poisoned. They were paranoid to the max, but was it just them, or did someone make them do it?

I want to know more. I'm sure that poor generous dead man's relatives do too.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester_La
I remeber watching this on Motorway Patrol. I must say that it is one of the strangest set of events i have seen for a while.

Gonna watch the rest of this program now to see what happened after the initial scenario.

Tanks OP for the link

Winc(-(

I saw it on Motorway Patrol too(its a few years old now), I was actually thinking about it the other day. I believe these girls must have been on PCP or some other hard core drug, they do display some super human abilities

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnrI saw it on Motorway Patrol too(its a few years old now), I was actually thinking about it the other day. I believe these girls must have been on PCP or some other hard core drug, they do display some super human abilities

I'm afraid they don't display any superhuman abilities at all. The 'superhuman strength' can (and has been) easily explained. Drug and alcohol tests came back negative.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join