It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madness In The Fast Lane - Suicide Pact?/Mental Illness?/Superhuman Twins?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Suicide Pact?/Mental Illness?/Superhuman Twins?

UK Bbc one: 10:30. Tuesday 10 August 2010.

Documentary called 'Madness In The Fast Lane' about two blonde Swedish Twins.

It is very long but such an amazing and horrifying story that I couldn't help stare at the screen! I really can't say much more or it will ruin it for you!

All I thought when I was watching it was some top secret government project that has genetically modified and created these twins and they are superhuman, superstrong, and that they've broken out.

Also which really struck me as odd, that wasn't covered in the analysis is they both remarked about organ harvesting!

www.bbc.co.uk... - to the program on bbc iplayer

www.bbc.co.uk... - still on the bbc website, this one has a bit of detail about these events if you want to have a look before you watch.

NOTE: these are the only links to this program i can find at the moment, if anyone else can find the video somewhere else, please embed for me. Also im not sure if these links work outside the UK or not.

Enjoy =]

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Those videos are not available in my area.

I am very curious about this.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I can not view documentary from my area, though i have seen the original footage on you-tube. I am really curious to hear the explanation to this from first link in your post....

"A leading criminal psychiatrist, Dr. Nigel Eastman, explains the difficulties the judicial system has in achieving justice and deciding punishment when dealing with mental illness. He explains the possible causes of the womens’ behaviour, and why, in his view, it could happen again."

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by The Great Day]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I remeber watching this on Motorway Patrol. I must say that it is one of the strangest set of events i have seen for a while.

Gonna watch the rest of this program now to see what happened after the initial scenario.

Tanks OP for the link

Winc(-(

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Thats a shame, i thought it may be like that. you say youve seen it on youtube? i had a quick look but nothing came up, could you provide a link? people needs to see this amazing story!

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I saw this a few years back, on youtube - I'd look for the link but it's filtered out here and can't get on.

One thing I recall is a friend of mine saying that there was a theory that these ladies were clones!! Oddness.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Just for everyone who has yet to see the original set of events here you go:

www.youtube.com...

Unfortunatley i can't find the full BBC program in any other location than the iPlayer site.

I find the events unconceivable, their actions are just downright strange especially after the incident above.

Winc(-(

edit:whats scray is the fact that she will be reunited with her sister next year when she is released.

[edit on 11/8/10 by Winchester_La]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Winchester_La

Thank you for the link, much love.

Released? really? surley either explanation given for their actions provide proof that they are a danger to society.

To be honest i am most suprised at the fact they're both still alive! its incredible!

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWebby666

It is ridiclious i know. The prosecutor deemed that when the motorway incident took place they were deemed mentally unstable, four members of the justice team deemed her fit for release after a day in custody at the police station. Madness.

The judge admitted that she WAS mentally unstable but there was no evidence at the trial and she admits that she has never come across a case whereby the mental disorders simply vanish.

How does a person simply become cured of their mental illnesses in this way?

It was interesting to note that tox screens showed no alcool or drugs in their system, i was leaning to substance abuse as a tell tale indicator of their actions.

Once again, justice system failing resulting in the death of an innocent good samaritan.

Winc(-(

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It's possible that the mentall illness may include symptoms of mania. If this is the case then these symptoms can dissapear. It's rare that mania will last for just 24hours, however it could be the case that the girl had been manic for some time and this footage caught the last stages of her mania.

That being said, I'm sure there must be ways to test people to see if they are bipolar or suffering from some illness which induces mania.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
There aren't many things in life that leave me feeling "creeped out" but those twins definitely got my skin crawling. There was just such a surreal quality to their behavior.

Unreal!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Yeah i know, the people responsible for deeming them mentally fit need to be shot i think. i also remember the judge was supposed to have said " ive got my hands tied" - he wanted to give the first twin a jail sentance with a release date that would only be confirmed once a full analysis of her was done and after care when she was actually fit for the public, then give a release date - ehich would have been good!

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
A fascinating documentary indeed - it even lured me away from ATS!

Points of interest included:

The medics had to sedate Sabrina after it took 6 people to restrain her, before being willing to transport her to hospital. This sedation seemed to alter and improve her mental state and may well have made it appear the madness had gone away/abated.

The eminent psychiatrist they rolled out spoke of 2 possible diagnosis - both originating from the French language but I'll do my best:

Folie a deux: When an individual takes on and seems to reflect the mental state of a.n.other - in this case Sabrina's twin sister . The twin connection made this assessment even more plausible as they were identical twins and therefore identical genetic patterns.

Souffle a folie: A puff of madness , as the name suggests a temporary short-lived moment of madness.

Both conditions seemed to show extreme paranoia - as the murdered samaritan spoke with his neighbour twice just before his demise it's possible she thought he was arranging something bad for her, hence the frenzied knife attack.

The twins had been separated for some time and re-united (one from America, one from Ireland) This backs up the folie a deux scenario - only when in close contact with her sister , Sabrina manifested her unbalanced symptoms.

Sadly , she is still in touch, albeit by mail, possibly phone with her sister in America and Sabrina is due for release next year.

You cannot legislate for this it seems as it is so temporary and short-lived in its' nature. Even with a final assessment before her release she will probably pass with flying colours.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Which is why i posted it on here, truely messed up! but so intruiging!

MrWebby666

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
here is an article about the murder and attempted get-away
Woman locked up for making mad dash across M6 stabbed stranger to death the day after she was released from jail

Note this segment:

As paramedics unsuccessfully tried to save him, Ericksson was seen nearby hitting herself on the head with a hammer before jumping off a 40-foot bridge onto the A50.

She suffered broken bones in the fall but after she recovered she refused to offer any explanation about what had happened.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

it makes it sound as if she recovered over night.
Was she bedridden for a month or months?
Does recovered mean a body cast and stable?
Strange case indeed.

Awful that the man was attacked.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
[edit on 11-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I think that incident happened in May and she was released , funnily enough at the same time as her sister in the September.

Her sister has since returned to the U.S.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So many days I come onto ATS and wonder why I even do it. So many lost hours, so much lost effort.

Then there are days like this one and I find your thread and it's like - how could I have missed this?

If I'd seen this as a teenager I would have screamed "MK-Ultra". Today I'm no so sure. But this is totally creepy. Only seldom do I see things on this side that I find truly amazing and creepy! This definitly is one of them!

The way she pushed the Police officer to the ground... It looked like Son-Goku performing a freaking Kaioken or something like that. Unbelievable!

Great stuff!

S+F

[edit on 11-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

[edit on 11-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
WOW. After 90 seconds I'm hooked. This is bizarre.
At 9.15- "they're gonna steal your organs". Who do you think she said that to?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I watched this program last night and like most here I found it a little bizarre....

The fact that the twins had travelled, without the knowledge of their families to another country struck me as being a bit odd.... then the apparent 'superhuman' strength from two not really very big ladies.... The Policeman's opinions were interesting in the fact that at the Station, the one twin appeared calm, collected, relaxed and as he said appeared flirtatious with him....

It was when she had to remove jewelry that her attitude changed a little...

I almost got the impression that she was 'Programmed' and when certain triggers presented themselves then her attitude changed...

I can't help wondering though about the two men who picked her up..... Did she feel threatened by the one she stabbed...? Did he do something which was miss-understood by her as an advance or something ?

Maybe the theory of cloning has substance or maybe they are part of a physiological experiment ???

After watching I do not know what to make of them....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join