It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawkings is urging humanity to leave earth!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Preach It Brother.

The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth.

Let yours and mine not be Meek.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ofcourse someone has to twist hawkings words to make it seem like doom and gloom is coming ASAP.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ah - I see the "humans as viruses" argument again.

Humans aren't viruses. Humans are a seed propeller, like the wing on a tree seed, or the floating fluff of a dandelion.

We are part of the biosphere of this planet. The forces that made our species adapt or die off are the same forces that have been cutting back the biosphere of this planet over and over.

The biosphere of this planet is destined to one day die. All the diversity to freeze down to absolute zero and ice over. As it has been doing over and over without our help whatsoever.

Life propagates itself. Complex lifesystems need to account for greater complexity in that recreation.

The only way this biosphere's diversity can be preserved in any fashion, is for something to take a diversity slice of it and put it on another suitable place.

Nothing so far has been able to do that. At best, reproduction of this biosphere is limited to asteroids glancing off and taking a couple of cells or proteins with them that may or may not survive.

But us, we can get off. And when we do so, we must take a slice with us for our survival.

This biosphere has managed to finally spawn something that can put together a seed pod, and a propeller, load it up with key components and the nutrients to sustain it - and then launch it towards fertile grounds.

We are not a virus. We are Gaia's seed. And she's gonna spread herself over the entire Universe.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
if Jesus Christ can save us from the downhill acceleration of our sins, can't he help us help Earth?

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away...."

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by thaknobodi
if Jesus Christ can save us from the downhill acceleration of our sins, can't he help us help Earth?

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away...."

Oh boo for the poor People who are up there now then aye?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
Oh boo for the poor People who are up there now then aye?

It's "eh" not "aye".
And there are no poor up there... they're all down here

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
reply to post by davidmann

From all the information he's gotten regarding Global Warming, he was correct, in fact all the solar system is warming with higher temperatures continueing....

And thats great that you don't need Stephen Hawking to tell you this information.... thank you for mentioning this.

Although be it he is the most intelligent man on Earth.

Fox

[edit on 8/10/2010 by FoxStriker]

I believe he attributed it to man. On this planet, with out mentioning the solar system. Why is he assumed to be the world's most intelligent man?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well that is nice warm and fuzzy.

but could it possibly be we are not a seed from here and that we are a seed that hitched a ride to this place.

maybe we are like a Japanese knapweed invasion and we caught a ride on a boat.

or a fly that got hooked on a windscreed.

not exactly a virus.....then
more like a parasite and we are living off another body.

feeding off it till it dies then we will move on.
So maybe Steven Hawkings is right and it is the end of our parasitic reign here.

but other than that....i think Steven Hawking is a brilliant man...right up there with Newton,Nostramus,Aristotle.Carl Sagan....i would say Einstien but i think he stole most his theories from his wife.

But the most intelligent man on this planet who died a disgrace ...cause ot TPTB

Is none other than Nikola Tesla.

[edit on 123131p://f08Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
We are unlikely to kill the planet. We may kill off ourselves - but the planet's biosphere has survived much worse than us.

Even without us, this planet will die one day.

You overestimate your destructiveness.

If every nuclear weapon on this planet was set off. If every well was left to spill. If every well was set alight until they burned out. The biosphere of this planet would recover. It might take a while, but it would.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Its really not that bad though I do agree that technology for colonization of our solar system is greatly needed.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
ustain it - and then launch it towards fertile grounds.We are not a virus. We are Gaia's seed. And she's gonna spread herself over the entire Universe.

If we are Gaia's seed she must be masturbating because there is nothing in reach to fertilize.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

i never over estimate my own destructiveness.....just ask my wife when i fart under the covers.....

but you make a good point...and after all that good ole Mother earth might feel a whole lot better witha weight taken off her shoulders.

might not be a bad idea in the end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join