It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We as humans were created!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Ahh! I see someone above has already beaten me to part of my rebuttal, so in conjunction with the "dolphins may be aware of the future" bit, I will add that they are also the only other mammals that make their own toys.

*ETA* For clarification, I was arguing also that dolphins are nearly as intelligent.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by blood0fheroes]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It is a tired and ancient debate that seems to bring out the worst in some people. The theory is interesting and deserves some thought, but in the end it is living that is our job on this planet, and it really does little for the quality of that living to debate or speculate more unprovable theories that while are very good for conversation sake do not add to our existence. That being said, I wonder if any other animals in the kingdom could come up with that same statement? Next time I see Flipper, I guess I could ask him. Anyway good reading and I feel the same way you do.....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

I have already addressed your question. Our prefrontal cortex is larger than other species, which is responsible for many of the behaviors that are distinctly human. Add to that the fact that the human brain has a proportionately larger number of sulci and gyri, which are the folds and ridges of the brain, thus giving our brains a much larger surface area. There are other factors as well, but they are all explainable by evolution.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

you have tried to address my question, i was actually looking for some evidence to support your statement

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think speech plays a big role in how advanced we are, primates, and even dolphins have already shown human like qualities like family bonding, ability to solve various puzzles, fear, curiosity and many many more, what sets us apart is the ability to communicate better than them when it comes to speech, therefore we get more done, pass down more information to the next generation and then they can improve on that. If primates and dolphins had the power of speech like we did, do you not think it possible they could achieve similar, maybe just not to the same extent as us?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I have already addressed your question. Our prefrontal cortex is larger than other species, which is responsible for many of the behaviors that are distinctly human. Add to that the fact that the human brain has a proportionately larger number of sulci and gyri, which are the folds and ridges of the brain, thus giving our brains a much larger surface area. There are other factors as well, but they are all explainable by evolution.

Your bigger brain theory doesn't hold water. Surely there are animals that have bigger brains and what not. This is not what I am addressing. The Fact that What the brain produces is that of which is not material substance thus being non material.. This can not be! Material things can not produce material things none less non material things..PERIOD!!! The brain is material. There must be something that is not material that produces our thoughts, thus being the will. seems to me that you are not using your non material intellect

[edit on 9-8-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

i tried explaining that but deleted it thankyou for putting what i wanted to say out there

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostHunterTM

in the end it is living that is our job on this planet,

I personaly think our job on this planet is to die as soon as we exist here we are given the death penalty.

regarding evolution of the brain i don`t think our brains have evolved at all in thousands of years just the way the world is lived in and people are now educated differently (knowlege is power)... and evolution of the human body , find me where the proof is of that 1 as there seems to be a large gap somewhere (missing link).

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Here is part of a book devoted strictly to the prefrontal cortex. It talks about its function, evolution, and comparative anatomy, amongst other things. Every chapter ends with a list of scholarly articles that are referenced. This is a scholarly book backed by actual scientific research.

The Prefrontal Cortex

You can also educate yourself by reading a textbook on cognitive neuroscience or behavior genetics. These will usually have at least one chapter devoted to the evolution of the brain and the emergence of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Intelligence isn't directly linked to the size of a brain, but instead to the brain's structure. Our brain to body ratio may be smaller than a lot of animals, but it is far more complex.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

There is nothing in psychology that cannot be explained by the physical model. If thoughts came from a different plane, how come you can cause different thoughts by stimulating different parts of the brain? Or why does ingesting different chemical substance produce new behavior patterns? All evidence indicates that thoughts are a product solely of the brain. If they were produced in some other plane they would still be dependent on the physical world, making it a lower plane if it cannot function without cues from the physical one.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Actually humans have the largest encephalization quotient at 7.44. The next closest competitor is the bottlenose dolphin with an EQ of 5.31.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I was talking about brain to body ratio, not EQ

Speaking in terms of mass, a human's brain has a brain-to-body ratio of 1/40. This means that your whole body weighs 40 times more than you brain does. Some small birds have very high brain-to-body masses with a ratio of 1/12. Here are some known brain-to-body mass ratios of common animals in descending order:

Humming bird: 1/25
Squirrel monkeys: 1/32 to 1/ 20
Mice: 1/40
Humans: 1/49
cats: 1/100
dogs:1/125
Frogs: 1/172
Lions: 1/500
Elephants: 1/560
Horses: 1/600
Sharks: 1/2500
Hippos: 1/2700

[edit on 9/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

There is nothing in psychology that cannot be explained by the physical model. If thoughts came from a different plane, how come you can cause different thoughts by stimulating different parts of the brain? Or why does ingesting different chemical substance produce new behavior patterns? All evidence indicates that thoughts are a product solely of the brain. If they were produced in some other plane they would still be dependent on the physical world, making it a lower plane if it cannot function without cues from the physical one.

Okay tell me something, Do your thoughts have weight? do they have color? do they have shape? structure? can you see them? hear them? feel them? What you are actually saying is that your material brain produces things which have no attribute as to what it is? this being matter. Is this correct? If so than you are telling me that there is a material plane and a non material plane? Surly your thoughts mean something. Justice does have meaning? surely mercy is kinder than justice. there is a difference, RIGHT??

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We as humans evolved but were modified by Nordics, Anunnaki and Grey Aliens along the way.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am on board with you as far as being created. There is no doubt we are a creation of higher Beings (Annunaki)

However, it's my belief the development of 'humans' was not a evolutionary process at all. Mankind was developed in a certain way----didn't work---and they were removed.
Mankind was developed in another way---didn't work----they were removed. It wasn't a process of evolution at all.

Just think about it. We've been pretty much the same way for at least the last 5000+ years (I think much longer). Nothings changed. Technology's changed. Mankind hasn't. Sure, maybe we've grown a few inches taller than our ancestors but that's about it.

Our history has been kept from us and it's our path to find out our truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Our environment has remained fairly stable so major changes have not been needed for us to survive. Evolution can be seen in our longer life spans, our resilience to new diseases, and even in negative mutations such as sickle cell anemia. Furthermore, large scale evolution takes much longer than a few thousand years, it is the culmination of many small mutations.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Our environment has remained fairly stable so major changes have not been needed for us to survive.

What? this is nonsense. First off, the only thing or what we owe our existence to
is our fellow humans (not to mention God) Thus being our parents who created us only through such thought that they were to mate producing offspring. This has nothing to do with environment and everything to do with protection as what our parents offered us. We as babies can not survive on our own. Intellect or ones will (this case a mother and father) has caused us to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If humans were created, why were we not created with language? The medium through which we think is language, so theoretically thought could not exist without language. I highly suggest that you read Julian Jayne's Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind. It makes a strong argument for the hypothesis that humans were in fact not conscious beings when they first evolved and that it was through language that we eventually developed into what we currently are.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Evolution is a long process that is essentially guided by a species environment. If the environment remains stable then members of the species will continue to choose mates with the same traits as their ancestors. When an environment changes new traits may be needed to ensure survival so members of the species will select mates with these new desirable traits, thus increasing its frequency in the gene pool. That is a very basic explanation as to how evolution occurs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join