It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We as humans were created!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a strong statement indeed.Not to be confused with the statement "We as humans evolved"
Both statements are true and come to the same conclusion, However, entirely separate.
As for the first, one must ask themselves the question who or what created humans.As for the second what did humans evolve from?We can all agree we are indeed human so lets start there.
What is human ? derived from the latin word Homo sapiens meaning "wise man" or "knowing man"
Humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, and problem solving.What really sets us apart from Animals,or other mamals is we are uniquely adept at utilizing systems of communication for self-expression, the exchange of ideas, and organization. Humans create complex social structures composed of many cooperating and competing groups, from families to nations.We are noted for our desire to understand and influence our environment, seeking to explain and manipulate natural phenomena through science, philosophy, mythology and religion. This natural curiosity has led to the development of advanced tools and skills, which are passed down culturally; humans are the only animal species known to build fires, cook their food, clothe themselves, and use numerous other technologies.Its no mystery that the human intellect is far more superior to all others.So it would be safe to say that what makes a human different from all others is his intellect or better yet what makes a human a human is his intellect.Its no wonder that the latin word for human means "wise man" or "knowing man". With out our intellect we as humans would be an inferior species.Without our intellect we would certainly not be able to have survived as humans at all.Perhaps an animal with a higher intellect would have canceled us out many millions of years ago.Which leads us to the statement "We as humans evolved"
If what defines us as being human is are intellectual superiority above all than its safe to say that what this statement is really saying is that our intellect has evolved. Although our bodys may or may not have evolved from anything else is not the question.Our bodies, which is composed of matter is just that, matter. Matter is constantly changing shape and stucture.If we as humans millions of years ago were a little more hairy and resembled apes that does still not change the fact that we were human.We may have looked different however, our intellect was intact.Its not the fact that we evolved material wise, which this statement would be true,Its the fact that we did not evolve intellect wise.How could we. Ones intellect is not a material object.Of course ones intellect can increase or decrease however, it can not change shape or size or color or grow from one thing, lets say a monkey to another, human.Only material things can change, That of which is not material can not. Our question as to what we evolved from can not be answered because our intellect did not evolve.(how could it?) Which leads us to the statement we as humans were created.Matter is just that, matter. If you pause and think about it, Matter can not produce matter. A rock can not create a rock. A car can not produce a car.An atom, cannot split itself. It takes intellect to create,produce,split an atom.Which leads us to the Big Bang theory.Science tells us that the universe came to be as an effect of a big bang.If we use are intellect we most certainly know that if the Big bang theory is accurate, what was the effect? Science tells us its matter. (planets, stars, ect.) This seems plausible However, science cannot tell us the cause. Since we know as humans, that matter does not produce matter, Intellect could only be the cause.Thus, us as humans being composed of matter may have evolved,but our intellect was indeed created,the same way the universe was.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nice attempt. I dont think you are going to be changing anyone's mind soon. Just a question. Does it bother you that some people don't believe in "creation"? How would it change your life if you could convince somebody else? Just wondering

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
very very interesting

i do wonder how people explain how our superior intellect has evolved...

if it did (which i believe to be impossible) then surely there would be other species as or nearly as intelligent as humans..?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Nice attempt. I dont think you are going to be changing anyone's mind soon. Just a question. Does it bother you that some people don't believe in "creation"? How would it change your life if you could convince somebody else? Just wondering

She isn't mucking up any of your predetermined battle plans is she?
She has an interesting theory I think we can benefit from. You might say she changed my mind so you are wrong on the first count.
Does it bother you that some people believe a conscious effort went into the creation of humanity and the planet?
How might it change your life, or a spiritual person's life if you were successful in convincing them there is no spirit? Where is the benefit?
Just curious.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Ruse. Ive read your posts. Ive seen you attacked for your beliefs. It is my
assumption that you believe in God. If I am wrong then I apologize but if I'm right, then your mind wasn't changed was it?

I'm not sure who you are directing your questions to, since I am not the author of this thread, and I didn't postulate anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

if it did (which i believe to be impossible) then surely there would be other species as or nearly as intelligent as humans..?

While personally I too believe in intelligent design of one sort or another, I have to point out that this is a weak argument. One word: Dolphins.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hi old friend. Its good to see you around.Thanks for a totally objective view on my theory.Notice I did not equate God into my theory as I am trying to do the same( be objective). I really just want to go off of certain truths that everyone can relate to.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I am flattered. You are right. I already did believe in God but this is a new rendition and a completely different perspective from the strict Catholic upbringing I got. It makes more sense so she did convince me of her thoughts and the validity of them. I will entertain them. Peace out, Warrior.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

While personally I too believe in intelligent design of one sort or another, I have to point out that this is a weak argument. One word: Dolphins.

So what you are saying is that a fish has a more advanced intellect other than that of a human? How so?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

while i concede that dolphins are infat clever by animal standards they are no where near the level of intelligence that humans are capable of

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Would it be safe to say that if intellect was created, so were we?

If we went through the gradual progression of Darwin's Evolution, I believe our intellect came from many years of trail and error; learning through experiences within our environment and passing it on through generations.

If we were created genetically by "Gods" or aliens, then our intellect was part of the engineering; designed to think within certain parameters.

Humans are blessed with the ability to communicate through speech, think abstractly, and many other traits you mentioned. But I don't believe that necessarily makes us the most intelligent form of life on Earth.

Our human brain, and our ability to uniquely manipulate our surroundings, also make us weak in certain areas. Intellect can be a downfall in and of itself; giving rise to arrogance, greed, and many other issues related to the human condition.

Is it a gift to be human, as are our abilities to do what we do. YES!

Are we the #1, smart guy-know it all on this planet? NO!

We have much to learn and I think a little humility would go a long way in helping that cause.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

btw dolphins are mammals not fish ... just thought id point that out

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well thats what I thought! Its one thing to have something forced on you, and not really examine it, but its apparent that you do just that. Peace to you

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by oliveoil

btw dolphins are mammals not fish ... just thought id point that out

Okay, here we go....
Do all mammals have the same intellect? Do fish not have intellect? (tell that to my pet Oscar) Point being is that Humans and fish have intellect. They are not simply matter. The term mammal means nothing when it comes to intellect. Plants have intellect.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Human intelligence is actually a very clear cut case of evolution. When one looks at the human brain, you can literally see the way the brain has changed from the brainstem of early reptiles, up to our prefrontal cortex. In truth, human behavior is not that unique. What sets us apart is our prefrontal cortex which is responsible for such things as our forward planning, ability to work in groups, and solve complex problems. All things that are very important when constructing such things as society and language, easily the most important creation in human history and the reason we have managed to become the dominant species on the planet.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by blood0fheroes

while i concede that dolphins are infat clever by animal standards they are no where near the level of intelligence that humans are capable of

en.wikipedia.org...

The encephalization quotient varies widely between species. The Orca/Killer whale has an EQ of 2.57[8] whereas the Bottlenose dolphin has the highest EQ of 5.31. This is below the human EQ of 7.44, but above chimpanzees at 2.49, dogs at 1.17, cats at 1.00, and mice at 0.50.[9]

At the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Mississippi, it has also been observed that the resident dolphins seem to show an awareness of the future. The dolphins are trained to keep their own tank clean by retrieving rubbish and bringing it to a keeper, to be rewarded with a fish. However, one dolphin, named Kelly, has apparently learned a way to get more fish, by hoarding the trash under a rock at the bottom of the pool and bringing it up one small piece at a time.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Spurious suppositions about intellect creating the big bang.

Bipedalism and the opposable thumb were probably the biggest developments in human evolution and if one studies neuroscience and the development of the human brain then there doesn't need to be an outside intellect 'directing the traffic' so to speak.

Of course, we are using a biased measuring stick when discussing intellect and really don't give the animals a chance, even though we know they can express emotions, communicate with each other, build structures, use tools and have highly-developed social systems. suddenly we don't appear so special and it is only by dint of our evolved abilities (if one studies the archaeologic/prehistoric record of human development one can observe the development of technologies and systems over time. I consider our success more to be due to the efforts of humans themselves, and their insatiable lust for blood.

I'm afraid there is no real tangible evidence for Humans being created and loads for us evolving.

also, what about the other hominids that were contemporaneous with the developing Homo that became sapiens?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i am not saying other animals do not have intillect i am just saying that human intillect is far superior to that of animals and nobody has answered the question of if evolution is correct why there are no other species on the planet whose intillect can rival that of a human, surely there would be something close enough intelligence wise to a human being if evolution was correct....

i would just like to point out that i am neither creationist nor evolutionist and just want the facts

this is just a question that i have never seen an answer for

as for evolution of the brain is there any way you can elaborate on that please with maybe links and picture as it does interest me

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
also, what about the other hominids that were contemporaneous with the developing Homo that became sapiens?

What about them? In terms of the OP, it would be feasible to argue that they weren't "given" the same kind of intellect.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I dont know about evidence. My evidence cant be proven because it is about faith in the unkown. Other than that I sure would want to believe that we were created by a higher power, than evolved from monkeys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join