It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WAKE UP" Please? (The Biggest Conspiracy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Message to the Mods: This is in General Conspiracy because I believe that this is the REAL "secret" of life.

I'm not going to do much of an introduction here, but let's just say I've been doing some deep-thinking the past couple of days and I've reached some conclusions that seem to ring true in my head.

(Hopefully) This thread resounds with the hearts and minds of those of you who read it. (And definitely reply and give me some sort of feedback please!)

Every person in the World learned what "Evil" and what "Good" is throughout their childhood. But I believe I've developed a more....."simplified" understanding of those two "labels".

"Evil" is often what happens when a person chooses to orient their "mindset" around themselves. This "belief-system" eventually leads to greed, selfishness, big ego, ect.

"Good", on the other hand, is just the opposite. One must learn selflessness, to curb their ego, kindness, and service to others in order to truly "attain" the label of Good.

Many of you who read this will laugh at what I have to say next, but I will say it regardless. You are given control of your thoughts for a reason. And that reason is because your thoughts have power. Science has yet to uncover this, but I'm certain ONE day, they will do just that.

The only...."grain of proof" that I can give you is to explore your own mind and try to become more conscious of the thoughts that are buzzing in your head. When you "think" a certain way, be it because of media influence, or some other influence, you are actually "creating" a belief-system in your own head. This belief system will then affect your emotions, which many believe is something that we don't have control of. Your emotions will then, color your actions.

The first thing that WE, as a race of beings DESPERATELY need to do is take a step back, breathe, and THINK "What are the GOALS of our race?"

We have TWO options when it comes to our society however. Either 1) We will follow our ego, selfishness, and greed, which one could argue IS the cause of all the pain and suffering in the world. Or B) We will follow the mindset of "whatever" created this Universe. That mindset is one of "creation", selflessness, kindness. Which is the ONLY mindset that one can have when wishing to emulate whatever "created" us.

I'm not going to go into anymore detail but I wish to leave you with a question. Now that I've simplified the choices for you, which do you all choose.
A) We keep on the path were on now and continue an individual and group mentality of "ME! ME! ME!" , which I believe will "slowly" guide us down the path of destruction, or B) Would you rather "grow up" and change our mindset to one of "Help EVERYONE" because we all incarnated on the SAME Planet.

I know I said I'd leave you with a question, but I'd rather leave you with a quote from (arguably) one of the brightest minds throughout history.

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Albert Einstein-

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Exploring your own mind, is the only way. I like how you describe good and evil. Can there be a balance? I was wondering, what do you believe started and perpetuates the cycle?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Are you familiar with Kabbalah? It might be just the the thing for you, as it is for every being. I very much agree with what you have said. Great post.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
When you said you hope that this resonates with people, it worked, at least for me. This really stuck out to me.

I have often thought of good and evil as these two very things. However, I find myself torn. I do good things but not for the sake of being good... but because I feel bad if I do bad things, and I feel good if I do good things. So in essence, I'm doing good for selfish reasons. So although it may be better than just being an evil prick, I still am not truly altruistic, and I find myself struggling to not be selfish when really, most of what I do is pretty selfish when I really think about it. :/ Anyways, figured that might be somehow related, not sure how exactly lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

"Evil" is often what happens when a person chooses to orient their "mindset" around themselves. This "belief-system" eventually leads to greed, selfishness, big ego, ect. "Good", on the other hand, is just the opposite. One must learn selflessness, to curb their ego, kindness, and service to others in order to truly "attain" the label of Good.

that is one of the best things I ever read

it has everything, it is simple elegant and contains everything that needs to said about this

I too have noticed that evil souls never think of anyone in terms of who they are and what they need.they are very self absorbed and self focused and the longer they stay that way the more limited they become in every way

I love a passage from the Bible that says . Don't say go and come back ,when you have it with you

I help people and animals and I found out it is impossible to give more than you get back.

to bad for the self absorbed they;ll never get it .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I'm sorry to be the one but selflessness only takes you so far in this world.
I volunteer at a shelter every once and a while and... some of those people are just NOT trying.
I mean I live in America. A place where you have to think 2 before inviting some homeless bloke to your apartment. Its sad but it is the way it is.
I think its the news that keeps me caustious and a little apprehensive.
Well believe or not I try, but it doesn't do good enough.

Besides people here are on a different plan. They are zombied out by the reality shows and what not

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I think the point isn't that everyone is going to be selfless, but that one must personally make the choice between selfish/selfless. So even if it seems as though being selfless will get you nowhere, or that it's not changing anyone else, the point is to do it anyways. All those people zombied out by reality shows.... while they might be on an evil path, doesn't mean you have to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Last Saturday I drove to the open-air market to get peaches, but they were just closing and told me to come back Monday. I was polite, but I thought, "you people could just sell me some peaches!" (ME, ME, ME!) Then I drove around the corner the the hometown grocery--the peaches weren't ripe... waste of time for ME, ME, ME!!! Walking back to the car, I glanced over at a lady, shabbily dressed, sitting on a bench and on impulse, I smiled and waved. When I got to my car, a voice said, "Miss... Miss..." I turned around and it was the same lady.
"I hate to ask," she said, "but can you spare a couple of dollars?"
I admit, my first thought was, 'so you can buy some cheap wine?' She must have read my mind and said, "I just want to walk down there and get a hot dog." I was still skeptical, so I stalled.
"I wish I could --I don't think I have any cash." (that was a lie) Then for reasons I still don't know, I asked, "What is you name?"
"Linda," she said, and the world fell away. So many thoughts ran through my head. Linda- name of my sister who died 7 years ago. Linda- not a common name for a black lady, in my humble experience. And a flashback to childhood Sunday school, and some Bible verse or a poem or story about "I was hungry and you turned me away..."
"What do you need, Linda?" I asked her.
"I'm hungry," she said. "It don't matter what."
"Well, what do you want, if you could choose?"
"I like a cheeseburger, if I could choose."
"I'll be right back," I said.
"I'll be right here," she answered.

As I drove to the Time Drive-in, I thought 'what are the chances that the spirit of my sister has manifested to let me know, from her expanded view of things, my piddling gripes of the day had been minor?"

Linda was waiting for me when I got back with her cheeseburger plate and iced tea. She thanked me so genuinely, and told me it meant so much to her because she didn't get to the soup kitchen in time. I hugged her on impulse. I just felt some kind of pure love for her.
"My sister's name was Linda," I told her as I was getting in my car.
"It is?" she beamed.
"Yes, well, she died some years back."
"Oh, I'm so sorry," she said, then walked towards her bench while I backed up. I glanced over at her one more time while I was stopped at the stop sign. She hadn't started eating yet. Tears were streaming down her face.

Who benefited most from that experience? I say it was me. I only fed her stomach. She fed my soul. I'll never forget my beautiful sister Linda, with the long blond hair. I'll never forget my black sister Linda, either.

To make a long story a tad longer: I cannot remember a time when I wished I had been more selfish; I can remember plenty where I wished I had been more unselfish.

Great topic. Applicable to anyone, anywhere, anytime!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Universally my friend, ALL that is required is the COMPASSION and EMPATHY for ALL that the CREATOR, the ALPHA and the OMEGA the beginning and end has created.

It shouldnt be hard to determine right from wrong with this mindstate, at all.

My good mindstate of me personally: Yes I am created perfect but am flawed in more ways than 1. All I can do is better myself and surroundings encouraging and strengthening my soul positive energy as best as I personally can in the eyes of the Lord Jesus Christ (the last Christian known name of the Son of the Creator of all THE ALPHA and THE OMEGA) To me this is good thinking.

Bad mindstate of me personally would be: A fk anyone who is not about doing things my way, MY WAY not the way of GOD written in various great books.

Gods way yes at times demonstrates his destructive abilities but it is clear overall he cares for us or else he wouldnt of let life inhabitants dimensions related and all even exist as long as he did (YES EVEN SATAN AND OTHER EVILZ lol). Probably hoping for us to get it undercontroll US=universal inhabitants dimension related and all.

Interesting thread

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

that is quite a story new_here
I'm wowed ,I love your conclusion that you can't remember a time when you should have been more selfish

thanks for sharing that

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Looks like yet another selfish action. It sure made you feel good, didn't it?

If you're a good person and feel good after helping others, it sure makes it hard not to fit ElijahWan's definition of evil.

(I'm not trying to be a jerk and put down your good deed. It's meant to be tongue-in-cheek)

I happen to think that "good" and "evil" are in the eye of the beholder. It's defined by a particular group of people. The largest/most powerful group decides what is right.

Do the Korowai say, "Man, aren't we evil? Pass me more of that spleen."

Did the Mayans think that they were evil for practicing human sacrifice?

Yet we in the "civilized" world might view them as being "evil".

If you ignore what I said above about doing good deeds ultimately putting you in ElihahWan's "A" camp (all about ME! ME! ME!) since it makes you feel good, then I don't believe that we're all heading down the path of selfishness. There is far too much money being donated for various relief efforts to believe that. Most people probably believe in following the "B" path(selflessness) as long as it doesn't hurt ME! ME! ME!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Credit to the OP for posting something that has rang true to their own soul. I would also like to thank new_here for sharing the story. Human kindness is one of the most rewarding things that can be displayed and its free! Yet, too often, poverty is met with disdain. Thank you for opening yourself up and helping this woman. Star for you (I would give you many more if I was able).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well I like your statement. But sadly the baddies are winning. Ego is destroying mankind and it causes evil in my personal opinion. The ID is not doing a good job counter attacking the ego. Also believe that love is causing more hate than good as well. It is causing mistrust between both sexes. which in general cause people to search other places for "love".

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i wandered into this thread with lowered expectations, due to the recent drizzle of drivel in this forum. OP, you pleasantly surprised me.

Your synopsis of good and evil was outstanding.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

If you're a good person and feel good after helping others, it sure makes it hard not to fit ElijahWan's definition of evil.

(I'm not trying to be a jerk and put down your good deed. It's meant to be tongue-in-cheek)

Mayson, I know exactly where you're coming from here. Can an act be truly selfless if there is the reward of feeling good by doing it? It is a puzzle when you think about it. It makes me think we are generally wired to feel good when we help someone. The opposite of that, and we name that person a sociopath!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Interesting thoughts. I've long wondered about the truth of selflessness, and there's a persuasive argument for innate selfishness. After all, as other posters have said, if you do something 'good', it makes you feel 'good'. Is this the ultimate reward? And even if it is, doesn't that open a whole other raft of questions about what the ego represents within any societal framework?

I believe that while what Einstein said (he said a lot of very brilliant things of course) makes some kind of sense, we must also consider the evolutionary framework within which we must operate in order to surpass it. We live in a world where we are asked to FEEL for the countless millions who suffer across the world. Of course we want to; of course we do - but is this natural to us? Is this not asking us to apotheosise our natural inclination toward sympathy? What I mean is: I believe we are hard-wired to care for those we know and those we encounter. The global 'community', which is a deeply corrupt concept - as most of us on this forum know, and is largely engineered to disempower us into global servility - is not within our natural emotional ability to encompass. It's asking the impossible. It's yet another species of dissonance designed to confuse us.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when I say that there is a vague and uncomfortable sense of separation when we hear on the news about the floods in Pakistan or whatever else. Don't get me wrong: as soon as I SEE the carnage I am emotionally engaged too. But this is emotional information overload, and it is not natural to us.

I believe that what Einstein said was full of truth, but I don't think the way to follow that path is to sit in front of the mainstream media and feel compelled to emotionally engage with things that leave us impotent and upset. Send our money to Pakistan and give them relief aid, of course, but we are not global animals. And I believe we need a few more evolutionary steps before we are able to engage this sort of thing on a meaningful level.

I also worry deeply about the kind of global 'assimiliation' that seems to be required of us more and more.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

"Evil" is often what happens when a person chooses to orient their "mindset" around themselves. This "belief-system" eventually leads to greed, selfishness, big ego, ect.

"Good", on the other hand, is just the opposite. One must learn selflessness, to curb their ego, kindness, and service to others in order to truly "attain" the label of Good.

We have TWO options when it comes to our society however. Either 1) We will follow our ego, selfishness, and greed, which one could argue IS the cause of all the pain and suffering in the world. Or B) We will follow the mindset of "whatever" created this Universe. That mindset is one of "creation", selflessness, kindness. Which is the ONLY mindset that one can have when wishing to emulate whatever "created" us.

So what you are basically suggesting is we either choose "good" or we choose "evil", right? What makes you think you can separate the two??

What I mean is, society is not a single entity. Unless you are suggesting that people surrender their free will??

Peace

[edit on 11-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

top topics

join