It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches four home-made submarines

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The US has 60+ years of practice in building quite subs.

A typical response that has no content, yet is an arrogant attack.

You seem to think that Iran is building 1900 era submarines because that's what the US started with. In case you haven't noticed, it's not exactly hard to find technology and build your own sub.

Consider all the South American drug subs that are constantly running coc aine into the US; so far, only one has been caught when there's dozens more out there that haven't even been detected. If drug cartels can build drug carrying submarines then I'm sure a first class military like Iran's can develop a sub with anti-carrier abilities.

Remember buddy, your military is nothing more than a big flashy propaganda photo hog. It's the small things that rip apart your big machines.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Consider all the South American drug subs that are constantly running coc aine into the US; so far, only one has been caught when there's dozens more out there that haven't even been detected. If drug cartels can build drug carrying submarines then I'm sure a first class military like Iran's can develop a sub with anti-carrier abilities.

I wonder how many US Navy assets are working with the DEA? I somehow think that the majority of American anti-sub equipment is being used to shadow foreign boomers.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Remember buddy, your military is nothing more than a big flashy propaganda photo hog. It's the small things that rip apart your big machines.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by Danbones
I wouldn't count the little subs out, if this is accurate.
I know that Canadian diesels have been known to surface right beside the American carriers in war games.

Yeah with NATOs advanced technology. War games are always riddled with Politics anyway. I doubt much can get past Seawolf or the sister Virgina class subs. These Iranian coffins are probably loud as a 2 stroke dirt bike and easy prey for any Israeli or U.S. Sub.

Or even a frigate or destroyer with ASW capability.

A depth charge detonated within 40 ft of this thing would incapacitate or kill the crew and sink the sub.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

you would have to know where to hit first. These things are quiet sneaky, and stealthy. Remember the chinese subs that suprised the USS kitty hawk, it was embarrassing, all the while in the middle of a US training exercise.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That is the whole point.

The US Navy goes on maneuvers with Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Britain, or some other nation.
There is great bravado in the respective ward rooms, and every rank is totally keyed up, to not screw up, and let the reputation of his ship take a drubbing.
Success is important, because careers and future promotion depend on a good result. So it is all taken very seriously by the true professionals in the navy..

So this is full battle alert, and everyone from the Admiral down to the assistant cook, are all doing their damned best, during the exercise.

Then a Chinese sub pops up right beside a US Nuclear carrier, and the grinning Chinese on the conning tower, flip the officers on the Bridge of the US Carrier "the bird": and then submerge, pissing themselves laughing.

The Americans say it was a fluke, but this has now been done quite a few times by not only the Chinese, but by the Russians and Australians, and probably others.

So go ahead and believe that the fantastic technology America has, means the US Carriers can never be beaten. But the truth is very different.

US Carriers have been "sunk" in war games many times.
And doing it for real is no more difficult than doing it during serious war games.

It may actually be easier, if the US battle fleet is below full battle readiness, and caught completely by surprise.

As far as acoustic homing torpedoes go, if you never even detect a closing enemy, that torpedo will never even be fired. The best weapons systems available are useless against a totally surprise attack, because by the time of the shattering explosion, the lights going out, and the water rushing in, it is far too late...........

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am perplexed...because the term homemade was used in the start of the thread people actually thinking it is some iranian in the back yard making subs....how flippin dumb.

the iranians are a society of thousands of years old....they have scientists,engineers,iron workers,

this yet again shows the misguided sense alot of americans percieve of others in the world.

The state have not won in Iraq (along with it's allies)
They have none won in Afghanistan(along with it's allies)
And they will not win in Iran.

These so called stupid ignorant no brain people are doing a good job of standing up the THE GREAT USA.

have you not heard you reap what you sow.

well it is coming...and for the Americans that are still brainwashed by your goverment your rights are being diminished everyday.

your own goverment has set up FEMA camps full of coffins that will hold 6 bodies per coffin.

so all you with delusions of granduer, just keep up the cynical remarks.
all great Empires fall...

and if it makes you proud to think that your so awesome cause you can force your way into others countries under false propoghanda then you will be in for a shock.

and for the Americans and people of other countries that are AWAKE to the global shift.

LETS pray that there is enough of us strong willed individuals left after the massacre to hopefully pick up the pieces and actually make the world a better place in which to live.

the strong Americans will fight to stop a war at any cost.

the weak will blindly follow their elitist goverment into the slaughter.

it is not about wether Iran has a sub here or a nuke there.

it is about what the out come will be.

The Entire world is sick of infringement by other countries into their soveriegn lands.

The world does not care to be American who only cares about the almighty dollars at the expense of its people.

Americas has become Isreals poodle.

not the other way around.

[edit on 073131p://f48Wednesday by plube]

[edit on 073131p://f49Wednesday by plube]

[edit on 073131p://f51Wednesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I posted this on another of the weapons forums. I thought I would add it to this thread as it seems appropriate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I don't know if many of you understand that this super fast missile torpedo..it can be heard from the time it hits the water or is launched. It is anything but quiet.

Modern torpedoes can be programmed to run very quiet after launch and then open up for a burst of speed only when closing in on the target. That leaves time enough for a aw..s--t!!

The US Navy experimented with several versions of this torpedo and rejected it.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

TOOT-TOOT!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join