It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Military Target In Your Neighborhood?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah, so a kid I worked with was in the Army for...well...basic training and he claims he knows this next bit of info "is a fact". But I don't know, I live sort of close to Latrobe, PA. It's a huge factor for steel work, but then again, so is all of the Pittsburgh area. He said that Latrobe/Pittsburgh is super high on the enemies "bomb target importance list" but I can't be sure if that's true or not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"They" (the security-service complex) are not there to protect you. You are actually the problem. Their "job" is to surveil you and to make sure you don't do anything. period.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well I live between an Air Force base, a Navy base, an Army base, a CIA training base, a Naval Weapons Station, and the sole supplier of our nation's aircraft carriers, so everyone around here has already made peace with the fact that we're on everyone's top 10 list. If that weren't enough, UPS's western hemisphere call center is right down the street, so that should make us a target for at least domestic terrorism.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I live in the Calif desert right outside the navy research base at NAWC China Lake.
I don't know if it would be a target or not.
There are no defence or combat units stationed here.
Just research aircraft units.

Its not even a good secondary base for SAC aircraft.

Then again fighter aircraft can use interstate freeways across the country as airfields.

The kuwaiti air force survived the Iraqi invasion because the Iraqis wanted to capture there aircraft.
They only bombed the runways to make the airfields unusable.
the kuwaiti air force when they found there runways destroyed taxied to the highway outside of the base and took off then expended there ordinance on what ever Iraqi targets they could find and then flew to Saudi Arabia.

The Germans also use there autobahns as airfields and have some equipped with underground hangers carved into hills.

So many targets So few bombs(SALT and START I/II/III treaties)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I live in Cleveland, OH - they would leave us alone. We've suffered enough as it is!

Seriously though, I'd expect we'd be targeted. Too much industrial capacity to let sit around. This city could ramp up military production within a few very short weeks!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's natural to feel you might be near a target when you live near a known military facility,
but many may fail to consider the inherent danger of being near high security office buildings
working under contract with the D.O.D or other agencies.

When you drive up to an office building and a guard equipped with a rapid fire shotgun aims
at your vehicle ready to engage, as normal operating procedure, there's good reason to wonder what's going on there.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTreeWhen you drive up to an office building and a guard equipped with a rapid fire shotgun aims
at your vehicle ready to engage, as normal operating procedure, there's good reason to wonder what's going on there.

I keep telling you, that's a guard shack, not an office building. Stop trying to break into Area 51.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmuu
Well I live between an Air Force base, a Navy base, an Army base, a CIA training base, a Naval Weapons Station, and the sole supplier of our nation's aircraft carriers, so everyone around here has already made peace with the fact that we're on everyone's top 10 list. If that weren't enough, UPS's western hemisphere call center is right down the street, so that should make us a target for at least domestic terrorism.

Heh heh, Hampton or Newport News?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If this is something post 911 then it leads me to think about how in the wartorn countries they always say that the enemy is hidding in the neighborhoods and so that is why they have to bomb, shock and awe the civilians.

Maybe this is setting it up the same way only it is the idea of the vested interests who pay for the facilities.

I hope I am wrong, I dont want to see my children exposed to a huge war on US Soil.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett

Heh heh, Hampton or Newport News?

neither, but close

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FallenFromTheTree

Is there a military target near me? I guess that depends on what you believe, in terms of weapons. *over* crackle

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
If this is something post 911 then it leads me to think about how in the wartorn countries they always say that the enemy is hidding in the neighborhoods and so that is why they have to bomb, shock and awe the civilians.

Maybe this is setting it up the same way only it is the idea of the vested interests who pay for the facilities.

I hope I am wrong, I dont want to see my children exposed to a huge war on US Soil.

I'm sure part of this was simply wanting to have a nice new office near attractive neighborhoods and good schools to entice employees to work there, but now it has become more like Military Industrial, Silicon Valley East around here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join