It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy Stalls as Obama's Economic 'Dream Team' Hits the Skids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This guy has got to go - Unemployment hangs at 9.5%, and 131,000 more jobs lost. And the supposed 'good news' in June was just another lie - the number of jobs lost was just restated to show an additional 100,000 jobs lost.

The first time I saw Obama, I didn't trust him. He looked like a shylock. A mobster. And what is the first thing mobsters do when they take over a business? They empty the cash register. And that is exactly what Obama did. Now we are hopelessly in debt.

He's taken over parts of American industry. GM now stands for Government Motors. He did that as payback for his union cronies.

He has got to go. Yesterday.

Signs are growing that the administration's inner circle of economic advisers — once hailed as the "dream team" — appears to be cracking under the pressure of yet another dismal jobs report and reports of dissention within the White House ranks over what to do about the stagnant economy.

The news that Christina Romer, who chairs the White House Council of Economic Advisers, is resigning because of "family commitments" came on the same day the Labor Department announced that the economy had shed another 131,000 jobs in July. It also restated the number of jobs lost in June, which was 100,000 worse than initially reported.

www.newsmax.com...

I watch what is happening in our country. Millions unemployed and losing their homes and families being torn apart. While Michelle Obama vacations with 60 friends in Spain on our dime.

The Obamas are an embarassment. Spending like drunks while the nation starves. They have never been in that level of society, so they don't know how to control their spending. Very ghetto.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

The Obamas are an embarassment. Spending like drunks while the nation starves. They have never been in that level of society, so they don't know how to control their spending. Very ghetto.

The reports are out that Michelle My Belle is spending something like 95 thousand just to house her staff while in Spain. That's not news that is sitting well with the vast sea of unemployed liberals. The percentage of liberals unemployed are the biggest chunk of the ugly economic picture.

I'm listening to New Gingrich issue a challenge for Mayor Bloomberg to debate the Mosque issue. Hey, one interesting note on the employment scene: the Fort Hood Jihadist Nidal Hassan is still receiving his monthly paycheck from the army.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Hey, one interesting note on the employment scene: the Fort Hood Jihadist Nidal Hassan is still receiving his monthly paycheck from the army.

You're kidding, right?

The reports are out that Michelle My Belle is spending something like 95 thousand just to house her staff while in Spain. That's not news that is sitting well with the vast sea of unemployed liberals.

A lot of employed and unemployed conservatives are also upset. Hopefully, this will turn the tide of lib supporters against Obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Liberals and Independents (like myself) are turning against Obama in droves every single second of every day. Not to worry.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Ahh...another Indy! My type of thinker!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This is downright offensive. You are an embarrassment.

The Obamas (Michelle and her daughter) are on a private trip and as such pay for all their own expenses (they are quite rich).

The only thing funded by taxpayers are the secret service members who went with them.

We also pay their salaries year round. We pay for their travel, and we pay for any other state expenses year round. In other words, we the taxpayers are paying for them whether they're in Spain, America, or wherever. Also, this has been the modus operandi for all presidents in US history, so don't pretend like this is unique to this administration. Taxpayers pay for government expenses, that's how it works.

Seriously. We spend ~$12 BILLION a MONTH in Iraq alone, and you guys are upset about a couple hundred thousand spent on this vacation?

Hypocrisy. That's all I really have to say about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

This is downright offensive. You are an embarrassment.

The Obamas (Michelle and her daughter) are on a private trip and as such pay for all their own expenses (they are quite rich).

The only thing funded by taxpayers are the secret service members who went with them.

We pay for much more that you will admit to. And it's also the image - she represents the US in a certain aspect. She should be more sensitive to the millions of unemployed and those who are losing their homes because of her incompetent husband's bungling of our economy.

But the 'nouveau riche' don't have that sensitivity, I guess.

We also pay their salaries year round. We pay for their travel, and we pay for any other state expenses year round. In other words, we the taxpayers are paying for them whether they're in Spain, America, or wherever. Also, this has been the modus operandi for all presidents in US history, so don't pretend like this is unique to this administration. Taxpayers pay for government expenses, that's how it works.

There is not another family that has spent so recklessly. But once again, I attribute this to the effects of their ghetto upbringing and nouveau riche status.

Seriously. We spend ~$12 BILLION a MONTH in Iraq alone, and you guys are upset about a couple hundred thousand spent on this vacation?

A couple hundred thousand is more than most families spend on a lifetime of leisure. Yet this half a family spends it on a 4 day jaunt. And most of it is our money that they waste.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There is not another family that has spent so recklessly. But once again, I attribute this to the effects of their ghetto upbringing and nouveau riche status.

I really hate to play this card, but you are either an idiot who has no idea what "ghetto" means, or you are a blatant racist.

Michelle Obama has a J.D. from Harvard. Obama got his J.D. from Harvard as well and graduated magna cum laude. Both grew up in comfortable suburban areas that couldn't be called "ghetto" by even the furthest stretch of the imagination.

Whether you like them or not, they are probably one of the most well-educated first families this country has ever seen.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I really hate to play this card, but you are either an idiot who has no idea what "ghetto" means, or you are a blatant racist.

Nah, you were just waiting to play the race card. And don't bore me with your whitebread definition of ghetto.

Michelle: "I remember being shocked," she says, "by college students who drove BMWs. I didn't even know parents who drove BMWs."

Some lap of luxury.

Whether you like them or not, they are probably one of the most well-educated first families this country has ever seen.

Oh really? Research how much she earned and how much was given to her. By her own admission, she would not have passed standard tests.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Reading this thread it strikes me that people have VERY short memories !!!
I'm British, live in the UK and couldn't really give a flying Fig about American politics at all, however I do think that blaming Obama even though he has been in office for 14 months ?? is a little bit NAIVE to say the least...

Good old G W Bush and the Republican extremists are the one's who have really screwed up America, oh and Don't forget Clinton who removed Glass Segall and allowed the banks to just take the piss!!!!!

I DO understand that Michelle Obama is just plain stupid to do what see has done, going to Spain on a 'Jolly' with her mates at the US taxpayers expenses......... I mean that is just Ignorant especially when you consider the state of some American families.... She's living her dream whilst others are living a nightmare !!!!! BIT UNEQUAL me thinks......

BUT the figures at the start of this thread indicate that sooner or later the Piper HAS TO BE PAID and that the American / Western economies have to realise that they are unaffordable and living on life support --- a change has to come and it will hurt us ALL including Michelle Obama..

BUT DO NOT FORGET

MR Bush and MR CLinton are your CAUSES not Obama, he's the one picking up the peices and wondering what to do with them !!!!

Oh and that F*****G Clinton wedding - $3 million --- come on get real.......I want the biggest wedding in the world because ........... POINTLESS and DISTASTEFUL.. there will be a settlement for millions in a few years and Don't say I told you so........

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Hypocrisy. That's all I really have to say about that.

Nah, hypocrisy is when Obama makes a speech about the economy and says something like, "I feel your pain".

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Lol, George W. Dumbass was not really better or worse than those before him, in regards to economics anyways.

I agree that lumping the economic mess on Obama is nieve, but don't stop at George.

There has been a systematic pilfering of the tax payer pockets going back 40 years or more.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
More than a few have said that Obama has a twisted sense of humor that getting even with slavery was to make sure everyone was out of work.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And somebody just sent me this about Steve Quayle predicting a famine and other bad news.............

geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...:+Tr endsForecastsAndPropheciesBlog+(Trends+Forecasts+and+Prophecies+Blog)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And then someone sent me this that you can't grow your own food. No jobs. No food. You're a racist. You don't like my kind of sex. It just goes on and on.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
But they're helping out Mexico! This is how the government repays the taxpayers...

"GM to Build New Vehicle at Plant in Mexico"

industryweek.com...

General Motors will invest $500 million to produce a new vehicle and eight-cylinder engines in a plant in northeastern Mexico, a company spokesman said on August 4.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

On the Edge

Interesting article and I agree with you, this looks bad on the US Government supporting US jobs and the economy.... at tax payer expense..
They will of course argue that it is Good for Globalization and is not Protectionism but I can't help thinking that for GM to build a plant in Mexico because it is Cheaper is actually wrong in todays world !!

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So somehow if Michelle Obama decided to stay home and not vacation abroad, there would be more jobs? What exactly are you getting at here?

You start the thread stating that the economy is stalled and unemployment hangs at 10 percent etc............ Then you rant about the first lady on vacation? As if she's the first one to do so. No other first family ever went vacationing during a time of economic turmoil.

What would you be doing to create jobs? You think the Obama administration is doing such an awful job fixing the Bush mess, then what would you do? Other than point at Michelle Obama's vacation as some sort of scapegoat. That's just silly and showing us that you're attack is more a personal one, and not political at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Obama administration strategy going forward is simple, blame it all on Bush, and then play the race card.

See it really is easy for them.... Even if they lose, it isn't their fault, when they fail, it isn't their fault.

No guilt, no shame, no worries.

One term and WE are out of here!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
More than a few have said that Obama has a twisted sense of humor that getting even with slavery was to make sure everyone was out of work.

I really don't beleive that to be the case. The truth of the matter is, he went into a terrible mess and I don't think he has the intelligence to deal with it. I don't know at this point if anyody does, because even great economists are at a loss as to what to do about the current situation, and they've studied economics their entire career, and Obama hasn't, not Bush either, he maybe had one economics class. I don't think att his point anybody wants to win this responsibility. This thought has just occurred to me recently, that maybe it's so screwed up nobody will even want to run for the presidency next term, and what would happen if nobody did? I mean I sure wouldn't want to end up with this mess in my lap!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join