It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

This thread IS about restrictions on speech and opinion.

Would you prefer like-minded happy talk?

jw

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Like I said, and I don't know how much clearer I can be here...IGNORE IT.

Doesn't it flipping matter who started it or is defending it or whatever if we let it keep going?

It'll never end if we don't ignore it. Hard concept to grasp?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You know whats even funnier? The MSM would NOT/will NOT air this video.
If they are all about getting rid of racism then they should play this video, keith Olberman, Chris Matthews, and Rachel Maddow should all give their opinions on this video.

Sadly though, that wont happen.
What I can guarantee though, is that it will probably(more than likely) be used on the Glenn beck show.

There is no way that you can sit here and say that what these people doing this press conference are saying is anything but the truth. Racism is being played more by those that accuse others of it, then the ones being accused of it are.

Really, think about it, how many conservative/moderate articles/blogs/threads do you read that bring up the word 'RACE' besides defending accuasations of OTHERS calling them racists?
Now think about how many times you hear liberal articles/blogs/threads
throw that term around.

Yes, there still are some racist people around, but racism is not defined by political partisanship, it is rooted from a much more deep rooted hate that gets past down by people who lived in an era where race was connected to everything. Because of the people, we have been able to shed that whole race card crap, and move on to things that actually matter to everyone in this country; such as those who continue to use these scare tactics in order to get into positions of power.

Those who smelt racism, dealt the racism.

Edit-cg

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You have yet to allow Shirley Sherrod choke on her own words. Why is it that liberals/progressives can shout out their prejudices, but their supporters demand we forget?

jw

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I didn't distinguish between the two. My statement was about racism in general.

And I think the Sherrod incident was a bunch of crap too, whoever started IT.

Don't confuse my wanting to get at the FACTS of a story with what you all typically use stories like this for...a chance to bash the "opposition" or "enemy" in your silly little war against other Americans.

And do NOT put words in my mouth or label me. Do you copy?

Only makes you look dense anyway.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Im sorry, but the more you ignore it without putting it to rest, the longer it will remain to taint the very air we breathe for centuries to come. It has to end sometime, and those that continue to use it as a platform of power, need to be cast from the political/entertainment arena. End of Story.

Its ok for them to call others racist, but its NOT ok for people to come out and rebut those that were throwing the word around carelessly.

It has to end. Anyone who uses race as a talking point, not only shows their lack of intelligence, and also their lack of understanding of what is REALLY going on around them.

-Edit- Dont take this post personal- Im not saying you are one of these people. Im almost sure you arent one of these people.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

If you want U2U me and I'll send you my theory.

But see, you're right. NO ONE should use it as a talking point.

The only way racism is ever going away is if NO ONE and I mean NO ONE every acknowledges it or mentions it or talks about it for any reason, well-intentioned or not. Otherwise it stays in our consciousness and we keep teaching the kids about it.

It would be hard to do this, to ignore blatant bigotry or racism, especially if you're on the hated end of it, but the other option is we live with it forever.

Take this example. What if the man ignored the ignorant reporter? What would have happened? Reporter might have gone away and fumed and maybe written something, but what if that got ignored too? Eventually, it would stop.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Out of curiosity, what made you post this? You're involved in a couple different threads posting partisan articles in defense of extravagant vacations by the first lady while the country is at 9.5% unemployment.

I'm against all forms of partisan bickering. I couldn't care less if it's the left or the right doing the attacking. It's feeding the divide. And we as a staff frown upon all sorts of name calling. It's against the Terms and Conditions of the site.

And furthermore, where I choose to post on this site is not of your concern.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I think that people who get accused of being racists have every right to defend those charges. My whole point is, the MSM continues to use race in a negative light to paint those that oppose to their ideals as scary KKK, Skin heads, and I.E peckerwoods, instead of going after ISSUES.
They refuse to debate issues, thats why they resort to this kindergarden tactic.

Once you say that One race is more deserving then the other, then you automatically become a racist. Sad thing is, I only see it comming from the left entertainment/political side.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That only propagates it further. Hold your head up and ignore them and they will stop. There is no need to DEFEND yourself against accusations. Laugh and move on. Let them drive themselves into a frenzy not drive you into one. Eventually they'll beat their own heads bloody.

Even the KKK has lost momentum because most people ignore and LAUGH at them now. They're shriveling up and dying from no attention.

But if something were to blow up with them? All the media attention would just get them new recruits.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Im sorry Bandit, but I think you are out of line on this one. The topic at hand is about liberal media using the wide brush of hate to divide the people.

What the people on this thread are doing is debating the article at hand.

There is no baiting, the baiting comes from those very sources that continue to chastize people into believing that a political party such as the tea party is just a bunch oh hate mongering racists.

The people on this thread have been debating the subject at hand, and have not ventured OFF topic, or have been trolling in anyway.

Like I said, I believe you are out of line on this one.

Is it against the T&C to disagree with a mod as well?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Im sorry, but are you saying definding yourself against racial allegations only propagate it further?

Im sorry, that just does NOT make sense to me.

If someone calls you a murderer, should you just say nothing and not defend yourself? Do you think that by ignoring it, that it will make everything better?

What these people in these videos are doing are defending themselves against the constant and blatant lies that have been thrown upon them.
End of story.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Of course not. Disagree with a mod how much you like. That's not a violation of the T&C.

But from this thread:

Just waiting for the Liberal mouth-breathers to get on the thread

The liberals here wouldn't touch this thread with a ten foot pole.

And some more... Political baiting (either the right attacking the left, or the left attacking the right) is not allowed on this site.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Of course not. Disagree with a mod how much you like. That's not a violation of the T&C.

But from this thread:

Just waiting for the Liberal mouth-breathers to get on the thread

The liberals here wouldn't touch this thread with a ten foot pole.

And some more... Political baiting (either the right attacking the left, or the left attacking the right) is not allowed on this site.

Thats not political bating, thats just straight up truth.
They wont touch this thread witha 10 foot pole because it goes against every talking point that they have used against the right and the tea party.
Sometimes the truth hurts, but that is the whole point, to wake people the hell up.

Deny Ignorance remember?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So, your objection seems to be against the word "liberal"? We're not supposed to call them, what they call themselves?

No reason to derail the thread though. You can U2U me the answer.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If that second sentence isn't a bait, then those fishermen didn't catch a bullshark yesterday.

www.awe24.com...

It's provoking... Baiting... We don't want that. Have a civilized discussion instead of provoking other people you don't agree with. Is that to difficult?

Liberal mouth-breathers

And that's just name-calling. Not allowed...

Deny Ignorance...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Your posts where completely okay in this thread. You didn't call out anyone. Some others did.

So go ahead with what you're doing with discussing the thread.

This is my last post in this thread unless there are further T&C violations.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's provoking... Baiting... We don't want that. Have a civilized discussion instead of provoking other people you don't agree with. Is that to difficult?

I look forward to seeing your warnings in the plethora of Republican/conservative/Beck/Fox/Plain bashing threads.

Your posts where completely okay in this thread. You didn't call out anyone. Some others did.

I think it was just one guy, but thats fine.

Back on topic...... Is anyone surprised to see this clip missing from every single MSM outlet? Of course, reporting this story would hurt their "OMG RACISTS!" narrative. Its another case of them trying to mold reality to fit their lies.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Then I suggest to you and other staff members to go after ALL those people on this site who continue to call others HATE MONGERS, RACISTS, WAR MONGERS, and every other NAME that they have been using since I have been a member on this site.

That is, if this site is fair and balanced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join