It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
...I came here to argue the point of all this race baiting by tea party members...

Media: "Tea Party is racist"
Tea Party: "No it isn't and here is proof"
SG: "Race baiter!!!!!"

Oh brother

I would really like to hear a clear and concise explanation of how you arrive at the opinion that defending against an accusation of racism is "race baiting"?

I'll be waiting....(This should be entertaining)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Can we please have a discussion here without members attacking liberals or conservatives???

wurd.

Both sides are feeding the separation monster. And it's obviously working... why does it have to be about the LEFT media, or the RIGHT media....

How about just a bunch of jerks with camera's?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Common Good

If you want U2U me and I'll send you my theory.

But see, you're right. NO ONE should use it as a talking point.

The only way racism is ever going away is if NO ONE and I mean NO ONE every acknowledges it or mentions it or talks about it for any reason, well-intentioned or not. Otherwise it stays in our consciousness and we keep teaching the kids about it.

It would be hard to do this, to ignore blatant bigotry or racism, especially if you're on the hated end of it, but the other option is we live with it forever.

Take this example. What if the man ignored the ignorant reporter? What would have happened? Reporter might have gone away and fumed and maybe written something, but what if that got ignored too? Eventually, it would stop.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Ummm what world do you live in? You are fighting ignorance with ignorance my friend. Ok lets just assume that EVERY average person in the world stopped talking and thinking about race for one day. Do you really think that the media wouldn't keep up there the fight of divide and conquer technique by trying to persuade the people that racism is still alive and kicking? And by the act of them bringing it up it will automatically make the average people the next day start believing it exists. Sorry man but ignoring racism doesn't make it go away or stop.Trust me I wish it was that simple.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman has the greatest point ever in this 1 minute click from 60 minutes
I bring up Lucidity idea but with a little twist. Just stop calling each other colors!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

That's exactly what I think. They'd be blabbing to deaf ears. No one would care. Ratings wouldn't go up, and they'd stop.

Do you actually see another solution?

You think shouting down the racists is going to make it go away?

Letting them "get to you" in any way just gives them what they want. Kind of like a bully.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

...So to my point, if tea party members are so insistent that race is of no issue within their movement, they do not need to bring it up time and time again...

Actually, it was the liberal media who keeps bring it up over and over and over...

==========

After seeing a few people trying to tell everyone, "Ignore this video!", I cannot help but to think that they are doing so for it does not match the narrative. It does shed a certain raw reality about what the mainstream media is trying to accomplish. Sometimes confronting reality is a tough thing to live with, but it can also empower others, without a voice, to take a stand.

Suddenly, not everything appears cut and dry.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe Tea *snip* shouldn't harass black congressmen and black liberals.

Karma is a bitch huh?

MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on Sat Aug 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

oh send me your theory too please?
i find all this quite interesting!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
"Why isn't his word good enough"

Hmmmmmmmmm

"Read my lips, no new taxes"
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
"Saddam has weapons of mass destruction"
"Fill in the blank with your favorite O'bama lie"

In my best jagoff quarterback voice....

I'm the waterboy, I t,t,t,trust everybody. Urrrrrr-rrrrrrrrr-rrrrrrrr

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The people I have seen persist on 'race' or 'racism' and how 'racist' certain groups can be on this forum alone have been at most tea party members on this forum, infact this is the what? 5th thread Iv seen from a tea party conservative member on this forum bring up race and racism in this past month. Iv hardly ever seen the topic brought by other members, the very few I haven seen barely gain any attention.

[...]

For a group that shouts and screams on a daily basis to other groups or individuals, its expected that it will receive some of that right back.

Oh, I see. I didn't quote your post so you edit it after I posted that I agreed with you.
I'll be sure to quote you in the future to prevent goal post moving with no evidence left behind.

Now, on to the parts I've quoted above that you edited in to your post. The groups who bring up racism in connection with the tea party the most on these forums are liberals who despise the tea party and seek only to discredit it, as you well know. It's absolutely insane to criticize a group for posting something in their defense when accused of being a bunch of red-neck racists while giving the accusers a free pass to post as much as they like, as often as they like.

How many threads have there been in the last year claiming the entire tea party movement is racist? Here, take a look. 316 hits for "tea party" and "racist" on this site alone. And you dare to say that hardly anyone posts threads calling the tea parties racist? Really? You've posted in quite a few of those threads yourself, but you want to claim those threads don't exist? Really?

I have yet to see you criticize anyone for posting yet another "The tea party is racist" thread, though you have no qualms about criticizing those who would defend themselves against that charge. You downplay the number of times tea party supporters have been called racist, while popping into every thread you see on the subject in support of those slinging the accusation. As hypocritical as always I see.

On a side note to those reading this thread, watch for the selective quoting and goal post moving that's sure to follow in response just as it always does.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Maybe Tea Baggers shouldn't harass black congressmen and black liberals.
Karma is a bitch huh?

If you paid attention to the video, you will realize there was no proof. Someone in the Tea-Party presented an award for said proof, but no one seems to know where there is any. Would you care to enlighten us?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That video and those people are absolutely hilarious. They are fooling themselves if they think they are apart of this "Tea Party Movement".

And before someone flips out on me I will say that the left is no better. Both sides are garbage IMO and they get their power from creating divisions along class, racial, and gender lines.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In case nobody noticed, if your African American and for The Tea Party(not teabaggers, brings about a rather disgusting image...T&C anybody?) then there's something wrong with you and your an Uncle Tom ( In some peoples eyes). There was a poll I heard about today where Obama's numbers were down with all ethnic groups except African Americans. Is that because of the fine job he's doing?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by JMech]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Huh?

I am more of a believer that both the Republicans and the Democrats are all major scum bags, and just being used as control mechanisms by our rulers, but come on! You have to be freaking blind not to see that either a different liberal media outlet, or a different liberal politician is spewing the racism card at Conservatives from Fox to the Tea party almost daily.

Why can't this thread respond to the Liberal attacks?

Here are just two very recent examples of bias here on ATS:

Why do Republicans always embrace the reptilian side of things?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Courageous Rep. Anthony Weiner slams Republicans
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Some African Americans (not all) still think Obama is a great president, that we should have patience and that he will succeed.

Others know better than that by now and realize he's just a puppet like Bush and the other former presidents where...

(ok I broke my promise of not posting)

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Thanks Bandit, glad you hung around!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Here is where my confusion is.

There clearly are racists that are also Tea Party folk. There are racists everywhere but we have the pictures the quotes to prove this. Are they all Tea Party folks? No. Ok fine.

So when these people are pointed out, the defense is - 'The Tea Party is not a cohesive group. It is not really a party. It is not a group of certain anything, it is just random people. If there are some racists then they only represent themselves.'

Ok fine.

Then why is it that the 5 black Tea Party members are held up as somehow representative of the idea that the Tea Party is indeed a cohesive group that is not at all racist?

How can it be both?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly! Hold your head up and do what you know is right.

So what if someone call you a racist? You know you're not. Just look and them and carry on with your business.

People only call names and look for this kind of BS because they have nothing else to "fight" with.

The people who keep perpetuating this race thing are trolls or opportunistic trolls.

Plain and simple. Don't feed the trolls and they will have nothing.

Let's define what feeding them is too. Responding. Defending. Getting angry.

Feed them and they will keep coming back at you until everyone is divided and distracted.

In the case of the Tea Party being accused, what happened?

Outrage.
Responses to the outrage from EVERYwhere.
Online blog and board wars with more accusations.
Media adding fuel to the fire (on BOTH sides)
Scurrying to "prove" it wasn't true.
Attacks of the proof.
Scurrying to dig for more accusations.
More online blog and board wars.
Media adding fuel to the fire some more because whoa ratings up!
Blah blah blah....repeat 500 times.

And in the meantime...tick tick tick...precious time is flowing away and you're not focusing on real issues, not this kind that is clearly DESIGNED to cause turmoil, strife, and even in-fighting.

What the Tea Party SHOULD have done is had ONE investigator and one media relations person handle it, released formal statements, and everyone else carry on with their business as usual.

Have the spokesperson say, "We're taking this very seriously, and there will be an investigation. A report will be issued in 30 days."

The media will move on to something else.

Don't get all defensive and outraged and ugly back about an accusation. All that does is make things more confused and worse for everyone.

People need to THINK to if their "leaders" and the media are instigating them to outrage without all the facts. Everyone feels a "need" to chime in...right or wrong...facts or not. Too trusting of their leaders and the media maybe? I dunno.

Yeah, it's a natural instinct to DEFEND but when it makes things worse, just step back and know that the truth will come out whether you freak out or not.

In the end, if you just WAIT and stay CALM you usually find it was a big ass mountain made out of nothing.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

i'm curious why it is a problem if the black people in the video from the tea party express, are successful?
(not that we actually know how much money they have, but just that your beef against them was that they were obviously rich black people. dunno if you noticed but there are rich black people in congress too, and the house, and the entertainment industry and the white house. so why is it a problem if tea party members also have rich black people? i want to understand your mind set. it baffles me. are they rich or are they middle class? or what?)

[edit on 6-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

my guess is that they were in the tea party and didn't like being called racist by the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join