It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Poised To Attack Iran! And The Horrendous Consequences!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by hippomchippo

Yeah . . . Iran can't beat Iraqis using American equipment, how will they beat Americans using American equipment.

And all of the haters propped up Iraq's elite stormtroopers, and look how that turned out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

United States has the Stormtroopers my friend. Iraq warriors are like the Ewoks.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Extremely well put together thread. I'd s&f to the infinite if possible.

I pray that tptb see the any assult on Iran will cause more harm than good worldwide.

Keep up the good work OrionHunterX

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Anjin you said exactly what I was going to say.....

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Outline Of Probable Attack Plan

Phase 1.

Launch a pre-emptive aerial strike targeting the main airfields and anti aircraft missile sites using long-distance B-52 bombers out of Guam, and carrier based cruise missiles.

Phase 2.

Achieve air supremacy and destroy residual potential for interference, for unhindered deployment for air and ground resources. Neutralize any interference by Iranian Naval and ground forces in order to keep the Straits of Hormuz open by Carrier based naval task forces and Marines.

Special Forces along with regular army units inducted along vulnerable corridors on the Iran-Iraq border to prevent riposte by Iranian ground forces threatening American assets in Iraq.

Phase 3.

Target and destroy main nuclear facilities with precision-guided weapons (Carrier based cruise missiles) both conventional and nuclear (For taking out nuclear assets deep underground) as well as B-2A Stealth bombers armed with the nuclear B61-11 ‘Bunker Busters’. At the same time target and destroy all known military industrial complexes.

All phases would probably be completed by H Plus 24 hours. This is just an outline of the impending battle. The details have been kept out as it would require several pages.

Not to nitpick but Carriers don't have Cruise Missiles, usually other ships carry them. The initial CM salvo will probably come from subs and other support ships.

We will probably see what exactly has replaced the F-17 in the first strike as well. You don't retire a plane without having it's replacement already operational.

Overall, it's a pretty accurate description of what the game plan probably is.

I bet quite a few UCAV will be used as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Everyone does realise that this is nothing more than fiction, right?. It's something OrionHunterX drew up in his free time and it's not really based on any sort of US military warplans.

While it's hypothetical, it's based on a pretty good understanding of U.S. doctrine. We always knock out AA, air assets and communications in the first wave of attacks. It stands to reason we will also target ports as well to limit naval engagements. Once Air Superiority is attained, we go about destroying other targets.

All in all, it's a pretty accurate idea of what will happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
WE think about economics and the aftermath we dont think about the enemy at hand. Oh let the bully keep throwing rocks if we hide and give him our lunch money maybe he will go away. I dont think so, Iran, China and Russia are all scum bag countires who have no repsect for freedom and rights to there people. Whats wrong with freedom people, whats wrong with people being free. We Americans must be armed to the teeth becasue of tyrant countries like iran, Russia, and China.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
While it's hypothetical, it's based on a pretty good understanding of U.S. doctrine. We always knock out AA, air assets and communications in the first wave of attacks. It stands to reason we will also target ports as well to limit naval engagements. Once Air Superiority is attained, we go about destroying other targets.

All in all, it's a pretty accurate idea of what will happen.

It's a decent idea and plan, true. What's laughable is that some people posting on this thread think it's 100% accurate and based on actual US warplans, if not an actual warplan.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The US army, navy, air force and marines have all prepared battle plans and spent five years building bases and training for "Operation Iranian Freedom".

Jeez...has 'Operation Saudi Freedom' escaped them, or is it to be the next adventure to sap the fortunes of Middle Class America?

I mean, really...need I create a list of even more despotic regimes that are stamped with a happy face by the military/industrial cabal?

How about everybody contact their reps and tell them that if they vote for this #storm, you will be voting for anybody but them? A politician can only be owned if they are in office, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fantastic analysis there. You would be a good war correspondant!

I dont entirley agree with the idea of the US attacking Iran anytime soon, but your post was well thought out and realistic, especially with regard to the repurcussions and results that war would have on the US economy.

S & F

Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
We Americans must be armed to the teeth becasue of tyrant countries like iran, Russia, and China.

Slow down their tiger... Don't lump Russia and China in the same boat with Iran. It's in nobody's interest for any of the "Big Three" or Four if you include India, to get engaged with each other militarily.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I understand I get carried away, I just hate and despise anyone who is against freedom. Be free or die trying. I may sound harsh but I love people I love the people of the world. I just hate the governments that stomp on the rights of the people. I know my country the USA isnt all together but guess what I am free. I can do what I want speak what I want and believe how I want. Id rather take them all out and have hope for my grandchildren then let them be involved in the same mess.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The ideas expressed by the OP are not altogether far fetched, in that they are in accordance with the MO of the last three or four full scale conflicts the U.S. has been involved in.

I would wonder, though, about the following:

1) Would the U.S. really use nuclear weapons against Iran's nuclear facilites...because of the enormous fallout (literal and political) that would result? Or would it, instead...after gaining air superiority, and securing areas surrounding these facilities, simply capture these facilities and then destroy them from the inside? Not saying this would be a walk in the park...just that it might be a better solution all things considered.

2) Given that we all understand that Iran could cause great trouble for the West if it blocked the Strait and/or destroyed refineries and compression plants...don't you think we would attend to these matters very early on in the game. That is, destroy any all Iranian assets that can be used to effect such havoc...hold up all traffic through the strait immediately prior to the outbreak of hostilities, then clear mines and other troublesome Iranian Naval assets, etc.

3) The economic repercussions alluded to, I think, are fanciful. Assuming that the U.S. limits the disruption of oil and gas flow, keeps the dismantling of Iran's military capabilities short and sweet, then the economic impact will be somewhere between minimal and nil. Talking about this war leading to the collapse of the U.S. economy and the U.S. dollar is worst case thinking in the extreme.

Iran has some fearsome military capabilities to be sure. They will be a more formidable opponent than Iraq or Afghanistan. But let's not get confused about things. The military power gap between Iran and the U.S. is enormous.

America can pick apart the Iranian military in somewhere between 48 hours and 2 months...depending on exactly what game plan and what hardware they decide to use. The outcome is simply not in doubt.

The aftermath would be messy, and would certainly see a lot of backlash in the form of Muslim anger and retaliation.

But the current Iranian regime would be gone forever...and the USA would carry on, pretty much as per normal.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The US army, navy, air force and marines have all prepared battle plans and spent five years building bases and training for "Operation Iranian Freedom".

It will be interesting to see what happens when Russia, China, India, and Pakistan decide to "Free America" by nuking American cities.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

If that happens the world as you know it, will have come to a end.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Glad that you understand that.

Now just explain to me exactly what has Iran ever done to America ?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Excellant thread and scenario.

It is my opnion (and of course everyone has one) that the USA will not start another war.(not with President Obama in office). Now would the USA support another country that started a war, that may be a possibility.

And I am hoping and praying, crossing fingers and toes that we do not get involved in another country's conflict.

Obama threatens Iran 1 2 3

Well, I will just back into that little world I have been living in. It is happy their.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by BooBoo46]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Iran as a military is not a real threat to the USA, the war would be over VERY quickly if the ROE allows it. The major issue and why so many of our guys are dying is congress is trying to fight a war and not allowing the guys on the ground to choose ROE. Its a travesty that we are over there and its a larger travesty that we are allowing our guys to get slaughtered because we are sending them out with one hand tied behind their backs.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Interesting scenerio, though I do believe you have forgotten 3 other players in the scenerio that would really muck up the entire attack on the US. Something in my gut tells me that if a war with Iran were to break out, to take the pressure and to tie up US forces, that North Korea would heat up the war with South Korea, launching an all out attack, to where the US attention would then be forced to deal with such. If China believed it could aid, not only adding in economic pressure on the US, but also would start making threatening overatures towards Tiwan, thus forcing another diversion of attention. Iran in part of the attacks, along with Syria and Hezebolla, would strike out at Isreal, to keep them busy, and then there is neighbors to the south, Venezeula. Ironic that Venezula is building up forces against Columbia, however, I believe that he may soon shift his attention to Panama, to take over the canal there, thus making it difficult to shift supplies from the Atlantic to the Pacific. The other thing that we should also be worried about, with North Korea, Iran and Venezuela alliance, is how much of the technology and information is flowing between all three countries, along with how much is China assisting them. I do know that China has given all three economic aid, but alot of this is just speculation, as North Korea and Iran are both closed countries and actually knowing what they are capable of is somewhtat difficult to assertain.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Are you sure?

The Combined might of 160,000 front line US battle troops, with all the superior technology and fire power of the most powerful military nation on Earth, have not been able to defeat a few civilian insurgents in Iraq in seven long years of constant warfare.

The problem is, that those few civilian insurgents in Iraq are backed by the massive economic, logistical, and MORAL support of almost every other nation on the planet, pitted against both the US and Israel.

This is it folks.........

The total annihilation of Israel, and the end of the US Empire as a world economic and military power.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
first off this might be why all the troops are "going home" from iraq(i know there leaving 50k there as a garrison or something akin to it)

1.we wont use nukes on iran israel MAYBE but USA naw

2.we wont start with b52's those come in after the B2 and what ever replaced the f-117 the BUFF's will carpet bomb the shore if anything or launch cruise missiles which brings me to my next point that was already brought up

3 carriers,and as far as i know no carrier launch capable aircraft can launch cruise missiles. those will come from those new super subs with special ops that are problay in the area

4.good point on the fall out part because if we bomb there reactor something bad will happen(i dont know jack about nuke plants but if one gets bombed im gonna go out on a limb and assume mini/not so mini Chernobyl)

5.russia has been distanceing its self from iran lately might be a game or subterfuge so i dont think they will get involved directly.Now that dosent mean they wont take the chance to grab a few stans and try to get a few of there old client states back

6.china kinda on the fence about but i dont see them getting involved in combat out side of there area and im sure we can work some backroom deal out with them or if all else fails just blow up 3 gorges dam(or threaten to) and that might just convince them its not wise to get involved

7.spot on about what targets were gonna hit and what order well done and good thread

8.i wouldnt so much worry about this being a REAL war as america does pretty good in REAL wars its the insurgancy occupation nonsense we have problems with i would theorize that if we do anything it will be akin to a smash and grab job so i dont think we need to worry as much about there conventional forces as much as there ability to get things rilled up in other counties but we wont be going into occupy said country bomb then leave yeah its messed up but its what were good at

9.again i dont remember who posted it but i would expect north Korea to get all rilled up and try some shenanigans but i have faith in soulth korea heck we will just tap the japanese on the shoulder if we need man power(kinda far fetched i know but they are building up)

10.back to china if there gonna do anything its take tiawan and make us look like idiots and cost us rep and a convient ally

11.if there are gonna be boots on the ground they will be special forces.....or (hopefully not) isralie troops.......

12back to the chinese missile yeah its scary but its not necessarily a proven tech and i dont think the chinese would export something that fancy so soon as they kinda like to hold on to the good stuff but it seems to be a game changer...but i have a feeling old uncle sam will pull out some stuff we havent seen yet and thats not even including our allies

as it was stated earlyer in this thread the big country's dont wanna go to war it dosent serve there goals right now the good old ussr....cough i mean russia is on FIRE everywhere and some of there military bases have gone up

china is having flooding landslides you name it its happening and its bad so there not in the best place logisticly at the moment to wage war out side of china(they could pull tricks but ya never know)

and just for my own little brain how come no one talks about possibly useing an EMP on iran? if it would work against us why wont it work against them? might break some of there realy cool toys

and finaly for the record if were gonna go to war we should focus on the most important thing trying and hopeing/(praying if thats your thing) that civvilian casualties will be as low as possible(ideally zero but hey no ones perfect)

PS props on the thread didnt mean to sound like a donkey you put alota time into this and didnt mean to seem like im attacking ur thread or ne nonsense like that keep us posted if you got any more theories and as alwase if im wrong show me and tell me im wrong and why its how we learn!

oh yeah and russia and china have a decent sized border and years of distrust and hatred and a bunch of nice resources which brings us to our next contestant INDIA now ill be the first to say i dont know too much about there country......BUT from what i have read and whatnot they arent exactly friendly with the russians or the chinese(trading partners ya but politcaly completely diffrent) but they could be the huge decideing factor in this war and they might just try to take out pakistan stop other fleets from interviening in the war or hey to devils advocate it they could join forces and crush us but i dont beleive that

and lets not forget the fleet of the coast of south america

[edit on 8-8-2010 by KilrathiLG]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join