It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Poised To Attack Iran! And The Horrendous Consequences!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The Shock and Awe was doing wonderfully until we decided to get into this whole BS "nation building" business and got stuck in the whole quagmire of being a police force rather than a military.

Oh, but you miss the point...the dough to by made by breaking stuff is likely peanuts as compared to the dough to be made by putting it back together.

Nobody is challenging the might of the US in the former case...it's the latter that keeps on sucking up lives and money. Good thing for the profiteers there seems to be lots of both to go around. Never mind goodies like oil and pipelines.

I'm just astonished that there are so many folks willing to enter round three so readily.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Forgive me, but I was under the impression that you were commenting on my statement concerning how Shock and Awe was going so far for the US in Iraq/Afghanistan and I replied it was going great till we decided upon becoming an occupation force, which I've been completely against since we did the job overthrowing Saddam and decided to dig in.

I'm not missing any point in the fact that I know that in the US military industrial complex profits off both the destruction and reconstruction of nations who are a threat to us (fabricated or not). I never made any inkling towards the opinion that it would be an acceptable idea to attack Iran without sufficient evidence to show that they've done anything wrong.

I agree with you completely on the basis that the US shouldn't rush into another war and acting as an occupational force for 10 years shouldn't be an option. I don't understand why you think I'm missing the point of something?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To the OP. I disagree on too many things to list. It all sounds like fear mongering. I'm no neocon either I voted for Obama. In my own personal opinion I think Irans capabilities need to be taken out and serve as reminder to the rest that try to get nukes. I think Iran would get anhileted. I don't think the the world is ready to deal with nuclear Iran.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I bet they have others too.

Link : www.straitstimes.com...

HOME > BREAKING NEWS > WORLD > STORY

Aug 9, 2010
Iran-made subs launched
TEHERAN - IRAN showed off four new domestically made small submarines on Sunday that Teheran said would bolster its defence capability as it vows to confront any military threat from countries opposed to its nuclear programme.

State-run Press TV showed the submarines sailing from an Iranian port. Iran's fleet of the 120-tonne Ghadir-class vessels, first produced in 2007, now numbered 11, it said.

They have 'excellent shallow depth performance, and can carry out long-term coastal missions', Press TV said.

'With the mass production of this submarine alongside various guided-missile launchers the country's defensive production chain is complete,' Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said.

'These capabilities will be used to served peace, stability and security in the Persian Gulf region and the Sea of Oman.' The launch of the new submarines comes as Iranian officials deliver daily messages of defiance to the potential threat of a strike by Israel or the United States against the nuclear programme Tehran says is entirely peaceful.

Iran has said it could close the Strait of Hormuz - the gateway to the Gulf through which 40 per cent of the world's traded oil travels - if it comes under attack. Press TV said Iran also has three Russian-built Kilo class submarines and operates another homemade 500-tonne submarine in its patrol missions in the Gulf. -- REUTERS

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz

Forgive me, but I was under the impression that you were commenting on my statement concerning how Shock and Awe was going so far for the US in Iraq/Afghanistan and I replied it was going great till we decided upon becoming an occupation force, which I've been completely against since we did the job overthrowing Saddam and decided to dig in.

Indeed, I was also speaking to a general audience and wasn't specific enough...mea culpa I do agree with much of what you say about the morass that has been created, and the foolishness of expanding the conflict.

Is the military might of Iran of any consequence compared to the might of the US? Hardly. But given all the sabre rattling by the US and Israel regarding pre-emptive strikes (illegal, aren't they?) it's not surprising the Iranians might be tempted to nuke on up.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Great post Orionhunterx. This is the most detailed study of an American attack on Iran I've seen. The implications for world-wide muslim counter-revolution are enormous. The middle east and southeast asia would be sent into years of revolt in an anti-western backlash. Russia would do quite well in this scenario as Europe would become dependant on Russian oil and gas. This would also give the Kremlin an excuse to exterminate Muslim states within their own sphere of influence. I think Putin would cry foul but take advantage of the situation.

Attacking Iran would be the straw that broke the back of America. Perhaps that is exactly why they would want to do it.

Star and flag

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

Lets say for arguments sake that history repeats itself.
Didn't Germany in WW2 make a fatal mistake by having 3 fronts in the war?

Wouldnt it be a mistake if the US opened 3 fronts in the middle-east/asia?

I think so...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
To the OP. I disagree on too many things to list. It all sounds like fear mongering.

Fear mongering? You're scared? Don't be - This isn't 'Scare Tactics'!! An ostrich's butt is always out when his head is in the sand. That's when its ass gets kicked real hard!!

In my own personal opinion I think Irans capabilities need to be taken out and serve as reminder to the rest that try to get nukes. I think Iran would get anhileted. I don't think the the world is ready to deal with nuclear Iran.

Oh yeah? Why single out Iran? Has anyone, more so Uncle Sam, ever thought of taking out Israel's nukes? How about Pakistan, known as the fountainhead of terror? Pakistan's nukes are the most dangerous and vulnerable to a take-over by those terror Mullahs - those self styled men of God who think they have been arrogated by Allah to take over the world one day to make a Muslim Caliphate.

But no, the US of A, as always, will turn a blind eye to the goings on in Pakistan as they need its so called 'support' in its war against terror! (I like the way Pakistan is twisting the great American tail, sponging on it to get loads of financial and military aid! All for doing zilch!
And NO accountability! Now why on Earth do you need sea skimming missiles for terror ops in the Western mountainous bad lands of Pakistan?
)

And of course the Israeli lobby is far too strong in the US of A for anyone to do anything about it.

So who's the fall guy? Iran! See the hypocrisy here? Well, that how the world is run!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I fail to see any ones point here, the us even if it had a plan to stay in iran after they bombed the hell out of it. it would be a smash and grab. I don't think they suffer from any ill mind on the subject. they know they wouldn't be able to hold it. it would be to get it out and gone. I don't see the point of saying what the us long term plans are. the ussr might yell a little but I don't think china would care at all.. we buy all their junk and we owe them money. it makes no sense for them to attack us. than we won't be in dept now would we?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
China nor Russia will do nothing but publically condemn the attack.

That's the million dollar question!

Russia's General of the Army Nikolay Makarov, Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, warned that an American attack on Iran now, when the US is bogged down in two wars, might well lead to the collapse of the United States.

He said that such an attack would roil the region and have negative consequences for Russia (a neighbor of Iran via the Caspian Sea).

And, he also said, the Russian military is taking steps to forestall such an American strike on Iran.

In his opinion, this would be complete madness on the part of the American military.

I wonder what military steps Russia is taking? This is getting interesting. Personally I feel that Russia would not actively help Iran militarily but try and ease the pressure diplomatically with the US of A.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join