It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I thought this was very interesting just because it's kinda what I've been thinking just now I know I'm not alon.

The Internet is a large-scale version of the "Committees of Correspondence" that led to the first American Revolution — and with Washington's failings now so obvious and awful, it may lead to another.
People are asking, "Is the government doing us more harm than good? Should we change what it does and the way it does it?"

Pruning the power of government begins with the imperial presidency.

Too many overreaching laws give the president too much discretion to make too many open-ended rules controlling too many aspects of our lives. There's no end to the harm an out-of-control president can do.

Bill Clinton lowered the culture, moral tone and strength of the nation — and left America vulnerable to attack. When it came, George W. Bush stood up for America, albeit sometimes clumsily.

Barack Obama, however, has pulled off the ultimate switcheroo: He's diminishing America from within — so far, successfully.

He may soon bankrupt us and replace our big merit-based capitalist economy with a small government-directed one of his own design.

He is undermining our constitutional traditions: The rule of law and our Anglo-Saxon concepts of private property hang in the balance. Obama may be the most "consequential" president ever.

The Wall Street Journal's steadfast Dorothy Rabinowitz wrote that Barack Obama is "an alien in the White House."

His bullying and offenses against the economy and job creation are so outrageous that CEOs in the Business Roundtable finally mustered the courage to call him "anti-business." Veteran Democrat Sen. Max Baucus blurted out that Obama is engineering the biggest government-forced "redistribution of income" in history.

Fear and uncertainty stalk the land. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke says America's financial future is "unusually uncertain."

A Wall Street "fear gauge" based on predicted market volatility is flashing long-term panic. New data on the federal budget confirm that record-setting deficits in the $1.4 trillion range are now endemic.

Obama is building an imperium of public debt and crushing taxes, contrary to George Washington's wise farewell admonition: "cherish public credit ... use it as sparingly as possible ... avoiding likewise the accumulation of debt ... bear in mind, that towards the payment of debts there must be Revenue, that to have Revenue there must be taxes; that no taxes can be devised, which are not ... inconvenient and unpleasant ... ."

Opinion polls suggest that in the November mid-term elections, voters will replace the present Democratic majority in Congress with opposition Republicans — but that will not necessarily stop Obama

Here's the link so you can check it out for yourself.

www.investors.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think a 2nd Revolution is nigh
that's not what scares me.

What scares me is what we're gonna get
AFTER the 2nd Revolution.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

What scares me is what we're gonna get
AFTER the 2nd Revolution.

How many people do you think would die in a revolution that successfully took down the US government?

Even if one didn't count those who died as a result of the fighting, there would still be an untold numbers of live people to be dealt with (bureaucrats and members of the parasite class) who would probably end up dead.

It would be such a messy business that if given the choice most people would just be like 'give me the tyranny instead, It'll be even worse for my kids and grandkids when they're born, but whateva.....'

*Whoever wins might decide that alot of people have to die to prevent similiar circumstances from arising in the future. Bloody awful to think about.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You can say it, the endisighe!

You are right, I am sick of what we have had over the last 40 years. Which in no way shape or form was free markets.

I am really wondering what is going to happen what system the elite and government will have in store for us next.

I am thinking a more communist system then we have already.

Anyway, you can say, the endisnighe.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I am really wondering what is going to happen what system the elite and government will have in store for us next.

Probably drone strikes in the CONUS.

Or something equally horrible.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Let's see, yet another second American revolution thread.

Well, the Right Wingers will be elated. They will be able to go about and commit horrid acts of genocide, and will set back human rights at least 200 years.

endisnighe will personally rip out the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution, before the rest of it is burned.

Then a new more "Conservative friendly" constitution will be drafted, including boondock-saint's all powerful constitutional gestapo guards, giving rights only to a select few. While anyone who doesn't fit exactly the mold that is in the Right Wingers ideal of Free, will of course be killed.

It will of course be a small government, with a MASSIVE HUGE MILITARY, and if you aren't in the Right Wingers perfect version of Conservative glory, and somehow manage to escape boondock-saint's constitutional gestapo, you will of course die a miserable death, probably due to starvation, or disease, or if endisnighe's slave traders get a hold of you, of course you will be sold to a nice Christian Conservative Family where because you are a slave, will enjoy no rights whatsoever.

No 1st Amendment rights, because you know, well, it's a Christian nation after all. So don't go praying to any other Gods, that will get you the wrath of boondock-saint's gestapo.

Everyone will be required to carry a gun at all times.

Doctors will be outlawed completely, because if you die, it's gods will.

Schools will only be for the richest people. Because they obviously are the best conservatives. If you can't afford school for your children, you aren't that good of a conservative.

The government will be run by only the richest of the rich cause they are the best conservatives of all.

It will be a conservatives paradise!

[edit on 8/6/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Be berry careful everyone, I have a bad feeling about what is going on here.

WUK may absolutely be right.

People MAYBE getting you to say something.

Do NOT go there.

Quoting myself. Be an information soldier, in a army of one, where no one can follow, only lead!

Quoting wuk, if you disagree with the federal government, you will be starved to death and they will do everything in their power to demonize you.

Speak your mind, I like to use quotes of my favorite founders.

Did they promise for us that our meekness and patience should be insulted, our coasts harassed, our towns demolished and plundered, and our wives and offspring exposed to nakedness, hunger, and death, without our feeling the resentment of men, and exerting those powers of self-preservation which God has given us?

Men who content themselves with the semblance of truth, and a display of words talk much of our obligations to Great Britain for protection. Had she a single eye to our advantage? A nation of shopkeepers are very seldom so interested. Let us not be so amused with words! the extension of her commerce was her object. When she defended our coasts, she fought for her customers, and convoyed ourships loaded with wealth, which we had acquired for her by our industry. She has treated us as beasts of burden, whom the lordly masters cherish that they may carry a greater load. Let us inquire also against whom she has protected us? Against her own enemies with whom we had no quarrel, or only on her account, and against whom we always readily exerted our wealth and strength when they were required. Were these Colonies backward in giving assistance to Great Britain, when they were called upon in 1739 to aid the expedition against Cartagena? They at that time sent three thousand men to join the British army, altho the war commenced without their consent.

Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, What should be the reward of such sacrifices? Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plow, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom--go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!

Just some HISTORY to remind us WHO we are.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Let's see, yet another second American revolution thread.

Well, the Right Wingers will be elated. They will be able to go about and commit horrid acts of genocide, and will set back human rights at least 200 years.

endisnighe will personally rip out the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution, before the rest of it is burned.

Then a new more "Conservative friendly" constitution will be drafted, including boondock-saint's all powerful constitutional gestapo guards, giving rights only to a select few. While anyone who doesn't fit exactly the mold that is in the Right Wingers ideal of Free, will of course be killed.

It will of course be a small government, with a MASSIVE HUGE MILITARY, and if you aren't in the Right Wingers perfect version of Conservative glory, and somehow manage to escape boondock-saint's constitutional gestapo, you will of course die a miserable death, probably due to starvation, or disease, or if endisnighe's slave traders get a hold of you, of course you will be sold to a nice Christian Conservative Family where because you are a slave, will enjoy no rights whatsoever.

No 1st Amendment rights, because you know, well, it's a Christian nation after all. So don't go praying to any other Gods, that will get you the wrath of boondock-saint's gestapo.

That was brilliant WUK.

I'm screencapping it for later.

*Don't forget that if things get too bad for your family - cash or whatnot - you can sell yourself into slavery thanks to the radical new amendment inserted by Walter Block's consortium and his well-regulated group of armed economists over at the Economic Freedom Foundation (which is headed by mnemeth1). I hear they are currently examining the feasibility of privately owned nuclear devices - it is a logical extension of one's second amendment right, you know.

Since this is the future, I'm already dead of old age, so I couldn't possibly know this. Time travel must have been involved.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
How many people do you think would die in a revolution that successfully took down the US government?

That would depend on how they do it.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I doubt a revolution will happen, has anyone seen America's people lately?
Maybe if you got everyone drunk then maybe you can get something going, Most americans have decent and safe lives right now and they have alot to lose.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

boondock-saint's all powerful constitutional gestapo guards,
giving rights only to a select few

I have no clue how you derived that from my
posts. I wouldn't say gestapo, but I do think we need
an agency looking out for our constitution just like
we have agencies looking out for our security.
Are they NOT both the same thing ????

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Bush stood up for America? I stopped reading right there. Sounds like the person who wrote this will turn the other cheek as long as a christian conservative face is in the white house...

Revolution? Not with yokels who haven't a clue about the constitution and inalienable rights to liberty and freedom. If revolution didn't happen in the early 1900's and 30's then it ain't gonna happen now.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Revolution? Not with yokels who haven't a clue about the constitution and inalienable rights to liberty and freedom. If revolution didn't happen in the early 1900's and 30's then it ain't gonna happen now.

they didn't have the internet to wake
them up in the 1900's and 30's.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

they didn't have the internet to wake
them up in the 1900's and 30's.

True, all they had were news papers and naive thoughts about legislation (hemp) and financial subversion (the fed) but we can plainly see now that those betrayals alone warrant violent uprising, yet such a thing could not happen now. Militias would be targeted and snuffed out in the middle of the night if there were talk of an armed overthrow of the current powers.

America had its chance back when law enforcement was less militarized and positioned against its citizens. We have quietly slept as a noose has been placed around our necks and it will only get tighter if we struggle.

I must also add, even with the internet there are far too many who would want a democracy and have no clue as to what they were saying. These people who would theoretically be fighting and dying for there country would probably be fighting under the assumption that, once victory is had, "their" party would run the roost or some other such nonsense. Instead of the founder intended "leave me alone and protect my rights" government, we would have the same old crap with the preferred face, with lobbyists, wars, drug legislation, armed regulation and all the other goodies we have now.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

That would depend on how they do it.

2nd line

I think that Secession would have to play a key role in any revolution/restoration - especially if it is to be less bloody (or hopefully not bloody at all).

To that end, I believe that nuclear weapons would also be a requirement for those states who are intent on either seceding or refusing to enforce federal legislation.

*And I don't mean the use of nuclear weapons. I mean that any state seceding would probably only be successful if it had secured nuclear weapons for its own use because nothing else would deter D.C. from sending in the troops and contractors to re-take the seceding areas.

Consider also that a seceded state with nuclear capabilities might lend considerable confidence to lesser armed states who also want to break away from an out-of-control government. Under this 'atomic umbrella of freedom' the number of states seceding could potentially grow to the point where the Federals could be deterred by conventional means.

What is your take on that - would it take a nuclear deterrent to prevent D.C. from retaking or laying siege to seceded states? (Afterall, D.C has never invaded a nuclear armed state)

Would that give confidence to other state willing to secede?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
geez, is Quantico still teaching this approach?

You might catch more rotten fish
if you dropped anchor near the Chesapeake

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I have no clue how you derived that from my
posts.

You don't?

post by boondock-saint

After the Revolution, create a new US Agency
entitled "Guardians of the Constitution" or GOC.
A 50 member panel with equal voting rights
1 vote per state. This agency's job is to protect
the breaking of the constitution by Exec Branch,
Legis Branch, Judicial Branch, Wall Street
and Banks. They operate outside of the chain
of command and do not report
to the President or Congress. They report to
the people. If a Congressman tries to
start a bill in congress which threatens the constitution
then he is tried in a private tribunal and if found guilty
of treason, then he is executed and his seat is
replaced with a new candidate by election.
If a SC Judge rules in favor of a case outside
of constitutional law, then he is tried as a traitor
and replaced by election.
This GOC's power can supersede Presidential
National Security Immunity and can try anybody
for their crimes and can even try treasonous Presidents.
Members of the GOC are elected to 1 yr terms
by public vote from the state they represent.
No electoral college BS. Funding for this agency
will come from portions of the former CIA budget
once the CIA is dissolved.

Ok, so let me get this straight, 50 people that have the power to arbitrarily be judge jury and executioner of American citizens? Yes, I know, they are elected people but they are still citizens of this nation none the less.

So after they get done slaughtering their way through our government. Leaving of course only the most conservative members. Who do they turn to? Oh of course, liberals! people who are deemed traitors to the constitution by the people in power that are left.

Liberal = Traitor
Gay? = Traitor
Need an Abortion? = Traitor, (but you will be killed AFTER your baby is born)
Black? = Traitor
Hispanic? = Illegal Traitor
Any religion other than hard core Christian? = Traitor
Fred Phelps? = Probably elected president.
Jews? = Traitor
Non FOX Journalist? = Traitor

You see the pattern? Yes your wonderful GOC gestapo will be a lovely addition to the Neo Con States of America. It will take them a while because at first there will only be 50 of them, but I am sure that the conservative only government will allow your GOC (upon threats of treason) to allow them to get deputies. Course with endisnighe's and gwydionblack's help rewriting the constitution to be as fascist as possible, it will be a great day to be an ultra conservative in the Neo Con States of America after the revolution.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks revolution in this country is even possible, I have one question...

What is the plan? Have any of you thought out the logistics? I am just wondering how people are going to fight the largest military in the world with no roads, fuel, electricity, food, fresh water, etc.

Just a question.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Anyone that thinks revolution in this country is even possible, I have one question...

What is the plan? Have any of you thought out the logistics? I am just wondering how people are going to fight the largest military in the world with no roads, fuel, electricity, food, fresh water, etc.

Just a question.

That is the thing - if it is to be possible at all, the best the parties involved could hope for is a nuclear standoff.

Any seceding states would probably not have the logistical capabilities to militarily engage D.C. and its forces in any conventional capacity, so instead of focusing on that they would have to focus on obtaining nukes from where they are stored within that state (and guarded by forces loyal to D.C.).

Of course you are right, such a thing (secession) would probably never happen. But if it were to happen successfully, there are certain things which would necessarily have to be done (seizing the nukes).

Edit: Even if this was done, there would be a period where D.C could still invade as it would take the seceding state some time to make the nukes deployable. That threat alone would even give D.C the justification to go all-out with a 'first-strike'.

(Haha, this reminds me of John Titor's theory.... what a nut he was)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Did ANYONE read my post?

Just talking about hypotheticals could get you idiots gitmoed.

Do not give them the power. OR the satisfaction.

C'mon peeps, you are smarter than that, or are you attempting to entrap peeps?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join