It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Censorship Of Digg Uncovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

To answer your question, it is much like racisim. These are the reasons why we REALLY have problems in this country.

The progressives try to blame ALL tea party members as racisist and evil. And racisist label all colored people as evil.

Until we reign in our news media and government from thinking in this manner problems are only going to get worse. It is time to wake up and start thinking about people as a person and not as a group.

Typically in any group or demographic it is the people that make the most noise that get a group labeled. Look at what Tom Cruise did to his little religion. While I don't agree with their beliefs he single handedly mad Christian Scientist look like a bunch of foaming at the mouth lunatics.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
An AlterNet investigation alleged that the Digg Patriots discussed censorship strategies at a Yahoo group which has since been removed. A posting said to be by one of the group's senior strategists, said:

"To all of our new group members: We are really happy you have joined us at DiggPatriots! Please remember this is a group that we are trying to keep below the radar. Please do not disclose this group's existence to anyone outside the group on Digg or elsewhere. The longer we can keep this group on the down low, the better. I know you probably already knew that, but I wanted to make sure we are all on the same page as far as the keeping this group from being exposed to the public."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Ok so check this out
Hahhaahah, what a joke!!!!!

The discussing of censorship strategies was done where?
Here:
groups.yahoo.com...

they want to keep it below the radar so rather than using Private Chats or setting up a chatrooom somewhere they post on yahoo groups?
And they want to stay below the radar?

WHAT A JOKE!

I hate partisan bickering but too many liberals will believe anything if it bashes conservatives. It's really sickening.

AlterNet also claimed "dozens of duplicate or previously banned" Digg users have set up alternate accounts.

ohhhh, alternate accounts, or aliases as they say
OMG

That doesn't happen anywhere on the internet right?

It must be a conspiracy!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

A little off topic, lol you are a Farscaper! Best show ever~ I think I will Digg it!

A little on topic, this is the internets, people do whaeva they wants...until they get caught...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
reply to post by jefwane

...if we start going by username I can link your name to millions unpleasant things and trust me you won't like it and it would only deflect from the topic at hand.....which is why are the conservative group trying to censor news in underhanded ways, scheming, plotting and are eventually caught red handed in the process.

Did you just threaten ATS users? Did you just sign on here to gain sympathy, and then threaten ATS users by saying you will collect our screen names for your propaganda? So, if we don't see it your way, you will do the same thing you did to those Digg users to us ATS visitors?

I smell a fox in my hen house.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Very interesting (but unsurprising) find. "Gaming" sites is an old practice -- I remember when people used Livejournal to game search engines.

I would agree that they make conservatives look like book-burning nut cases. No one should be afraid of other opinions (and some of the things they voted down are absurd... like pictures of puppies.)

Were I on Digg (I'm not), they'd probably put me on the 'bury this person' list.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Query: Gaming sites?

Is this the practice of shifting through sites for incriminating information, so it can be methodically used for someone's personal agenda?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Seriously, this is bad, but its nothing new, nor far removed from ATS. I uncovered the same thing with the old vote up format on BAN here back in the day. Kudos to Skeptic Overlord for spotting the problem and stepping in to quash it. The ringleader lost considerable status. I gained considerable respect for this site as a result.

I think a lot of us have fanciful notions of what the world is like and we are surprised when stuff like this happens. I know I used to be and am still prone to lapses.

Like my old man used to say, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

That's because they don't want to hook up with communists, who are usually unemployed and dependent.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I habitually participate on the Huffington Post blog, and while I can't say they try to manage responses directly like Digg (though I do suspect it), it's obvious that there are people who post with political objectives, they flood any discussion whith canned rhetoric, they get insulting and abusive with anyone the goes against their arguments, and they come in surges. Invariably they're new users, and they often go online and offline in groups, HP gives good stats, so it's easy to follow. It stands to reason that the same folk that invest in media, the Murdochs of the world, would be investing in such activities. If ATS was extremely popular, it would happen here too.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This whole thing is eerily similar to Megaphone scandal which erupted in June of this year. The concept is strikingly similar of burying info. in herd mentality and obstructing people to air their views openly.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALlENATlON
So a small group of Conservatives got organized to do something about what I'm sure they perceived as not "liberal truths" but rather "liberal propaganda".

Liking or not liking a story, as an individual, is what fairness and truth is about. Mass censorship by organized brigades, with the purpose of shutting down debate, is NOT what truth is about.

It's totally ignorant, yes but it's their right to do and the voting system is set up to allow people to vote however they want, so they inform their friends, so what?

Again you are wrong, the article proves this group was using censorship tactics not "informing" people about news but asking them specifically to "censor" and bury news and opinion. As I mentioned in my previous post this is a similar tactic employed by Israel Megaphone tool to suppress news/ views/ opinions in an "open international social media website".

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is exactly like what happens in South Carolina every election cycle.

Here, to vote in primaries, it is not neccessary to be a memeber of a political party. You simply have to choose what party to vote for in primaries and you vote on that ticket, and do not have the opportuninty to vote in the other one.

It is a big problem. Democrats and Republicans vote on each others primaries trying to make sure the other party does not have a good candidate.

These kind of things are done by all groups. It is a way of pushing an agenda. I am not condoning it, but what better way to defeat opposition than silencing it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Ok so check this out
Hahhaahah, what a joke!!!!!
The discussing of censorship strategies was done where?
Here:
groups.yahoo.com...
they want to keep it below the radar so rather than using Private Chats or setting up a chatrooom somewhere they post on yahoo groups?
And they want to stay below the radar?
WHAT A JOKE!

Not joke at all me thinks, remember the GIYUS.org .. you should familiarize yourself with the ATS link I posted above about the Megaphone tool, surprisingly it was also available in public sphere. You know there is a saying nothing can be hidden on internet.

Let's not behave like this when the evidence is in front

nanananananananana

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Upon reading all of the evidence by both sides, I think the Digg.com scandal is perpetrated by both parties. Each one seems as though they have something to gain. What bothers me the most is the paradigm in which people believe 'since it is okay for one group to play dirty, we should be allowed to play dirty as well'. No one stops and tries to lead by example. It is as though both parties are a group of children fighting in the playground. When one of the group does something deviant, the other group has to run and tattletale. As the acting authority turns and scolds the first perpetrator, someone from the second group (the tattletalers) pokes out the eye of one of the opposition. It is an endless cycle of back and forth bickering, which has become so extreme that it is almost unbearable.

We need a third and fourth party to replace both Republicans and Democrats. I am not talking about two new parties, which represents a reformed version of the first set. I am talking about an entire new two party system, which each is based upon honest individuals who align with constitutional law.

Sometimes I feel like we should take all of our Democrat and Republican leaders, and throw them into an American version of the old Roman Colosseum. After one side or the other wins, we release lions to finish off the surviving victors. I call that 'fear and balanced'.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Can some conservatives explain what's going on or is it just too embarrassing?

Why can't liberals explain what's going on? Why can't you figure it out for yourself? You don't understand what's going on?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

More like I AM LIBERAL

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I find it interesting how many people who are morally ambiguous about it saying that because it happens on both sides, it doesn't matter...

Well, I still believe in fair play to I condemn anyone who games or exploits the system to squash other people's voices...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This seems kind of ridiculous to me. Anyone that used to frequent Digg 4-5 years ago when it was actually good knows that for the last 2 years it is an Obama lovefest over there.

There is no question that that main moderators of the site are Liberal and completely sold out. The site is completely garbage now. I used to go there for interesting stories now if it isn't a random "fail" pic or some other random pics making up the top digged items. It is a democratic talking point story or a praise Obama story.

I have no dog in the fight as both parties are corrupt to the core but the notion that 'conservatives" have any sway on that site is hilariously false.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by MrSpad

Agree, with you but I would like to hear the conservatives views on this since ATS majority is conservatives I imagine. So far the deafening silence says a lott.

I think your inability to spell "lot" says a lott. Are you serious with these questions? You are the trolliest troll I have ever seen Legion. Your cohorts would be ashamed of you.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Digg is just dumb. Go troll the news websites and read all the articles and make your own informed decisions. Email them to your buddies if you must, but forget trying to get your validation from others that you don't even know. Its a worthless cause. As for "social" websites, they just seem like a bunch of groupies who want someone else to validate them in one way or another -OR- a forum for people with agendas to influence large groups of followers. DIGG? Never been there, never will. I would feel like a fool if I were to give it any credence. You'll always have someone corrupting it. Chances are its a powerful government official(s), with big cash who set up a shop with a bunch of paid staff and they are manipulating people by using these simple minded websites. Stop following like sheep.

I'm sorry if I'm going slightly off topic but I see it like this:
Politicians are all crooks, DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS-- ALL OF THEM! If people would stop treating elections like a football game we might get somewhere with this country. "Go team gooooo." You are voting for a person, not a group assembled for some sporting event. I simply don't understand why/how people decide they are Republican or Democrat, let alone vote a straight ticket. Its simply ignorance and blindly following a group based on some dogma, which is more than likely just a sham.

Whatsmore and more importantly in my opinion:
We no longer need these leeches (politicians). In today's age we should have voting machines on every street corner (take the Lottery systems as an example, or electronic voting). Why do we need someone else to represent us? Republicans, Democrats it doesn't matter who steps up to the "trough", they all are either corrupt or they become so. Remove the trough or at least change our Government to keep up with the times. LETS VOTE ON EVERYTHING! WE DON'T NEED REPRESENTATION, ESPECIALLY FROM THESE CROOKS! THEY CAN"T EVEN GET IT CLOSE TO BEING RIGHT!!!

Lets think outside the box -- Its rigged.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Solarsails]

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Solarsails]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join