It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Censorship Of Digg Uncovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Obviously ALL parties suck.......

If your viewpoint is 100% exactly what somebody elses is then you are an idiot....

think for yourself for once...

The old wrinkly republicans are not tech savy and don't realize their games don't work in this century anymore..

The democrats are sooooo arrogant and full of themselves that they are doing the same things the repubs are doing......just in a different way.....

and worse.......millions of my fellow country men/women are dumb for standing for a 2 party system going with a group mentality that is controlled by an outside group...

Lets face it America.......we are really dumb,gullible , ignorant and naive when it comes to almost everything not related to facebook, iphones, radio friendly dumb music, and video games.....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Kindly provide proof of the lie..The article supports screenshots of the email, usernames, grouppage screenshot and other information. How is it a lie? Is it a lie because conservative got caught red handed trying to suppress and censor information?

What proof do you have it is a lie?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
For a bunch of supposedly moral people the conservatives are using underhanded tactics to push their agenda.

Makes you wonder if they've infiltrated this website also.

Funny how upset Dems get when someone else follows Saul Alinsky's book, Rules for Radicals.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

I respectfully disagree the article proves underhanded methods being employed by conservative group to censor and hide news critical of them. If you have proof of democrats group of doing the same please do present it.

Uh - hate to piss on your parade, but both sides of the coin use these tactics. The problem and question you should be asking, is why you still follow a political path of left and right.

Edit: This is a reply to LEGION

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Bonified Ween]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree the article proves underhanded methods being employed by conservative group to censor and hide news critical of them. If you have proof of democrats group of doing the same please do present it.

Have you ever heard of Journolist? If not, have a gander.

it is all a sham. The media is complicit, and the media colludes to craft our reality. Just look at the Journolist stuff, then add in the Digg stuff, then apply all of that to the garbage that passes for "news" on the networks.

if you really want to thicken the plot, check out Gatekeeping. It is a brilliant piece of work pointing out the primary chokepoint for killing the freedom of the press.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
After reading the article it occurred to me that a left-wing group could just as easily begin a similar operation on Digg.

I'm a conservative but these people don't speak for me. I'm not into censorship. Try to remember, my dear liberals, that the actions of one don't reflect the sentiments of the whole group... just like one Muslim terrorist doesn't make all Muslims terrorists. That's a nice little heuristic moral tidbit liberals looooove to cite, so it would be great to see them remember this moral in this Digg affair. But, ya know, moral relativism dictates that morals only apply when they're convenient. OK, let the hypocrisy begin!

Oh, BTW, speaking of censorship conspiracies...

JournoList scandal shows decline of journalism

JournoList and the Leftist Mentality

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So a small group of Conservatives got organized to do something about what I'm sure they perceived as not "liberal truths" but rather "liberal propaganda". It's totally ignorant, yes but it's their right to do and the voting system is set up to allow people to vote however they want, so they inform their friends, so what? You honestly think liberals don't do the same thing here and there? It's just random, not like it's some huge conspiracy involving all conservatives or whatever.

How many times have the left tried to sensor conservative talk radio?

Remember that group of journalists that conspired to "protect" Obama by accusing the "opposition" as racists?

Remember when spokesman for the white house tryed to refuse Fox News from being part of their briefing/questioning?

Liberals partake in censorship and are rather ruthless sometimes, but then when your biased I guess you only see what you want.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmm, or it's a zionist front movement....

Not really suprising, I wonder how many webpages will be discovered to be three letter agency fronts or heavily influenced by them. We've already got google, ziontube, facef**k, msn anything.. just to name a few.

Always been concerned when you load a totally irrellevant webpage and it starts trying to hit up CIA owned facef**k or google 'analytics' ahem cough.

Either way they don't need these to track now they have fibre sniffing in most countries exchange, suprised they are not direcly manipulating vote traffic as it is...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Can some conservatives explain what's going on or is it just too embarrassing?

I do not think it is fair to ask "conservatives" as group about what some idiots decide to do. Why is everyone always trys to paint and enitre group with the same brush based on what a few do?

Exactly!!! lol This guy thinks all 809 million conservatives met up one night and planned this hahahahahahaa

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I believe it. There are several far right wing, racist, groups that plainly state on their forums that they actively try to 'take over' other forums.

They have ongoing discussions on the 'how tos' of it all and everything. Anyone can see these things (I'm not linking to chat boards here, I don't think that's allowed) - pretty much everyone knows who they are, anyway, and the mods and admins here certainly are aware.

Speaking of which - about time for another "No Political Spamming" PSA again, I think.

Regarding "getting all kinds of people together" to do this - they don't need to. For things like Digg where people vote up and down stories - they have programs that will do that.

And one person with multiple emails and proxies can do quite alot just "manually" as well, if you think about it.

The thing with the spammers or "message spreaders" here is - they're trying to argue with too many intelligent people. Their "posts" often look like some cheesy chain letter, they make alot of stupid errors, and the ones that bother to debate often come off as total morons.

Pretty easy to spot.

Oh, they think they're geniuses too - yet use the same screen name they have on whacko boards. Or same avatar. Or vary screen name by a few letters LOL.

They got on the net 3 weeks ago, they think they're brilliant. If they learn about some auto flag program - boy howdy that calls for keg!

Idiots. It's funny that they don't know how easily they're spotted.

And it does not help to spread "their message" at all and in fact only creates annoyance and makes them look foolish and desperate.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe I am being too strict in my assessment, but this entire thread really seems like simple political trolling(especially the"is it too embarrassing" line- can you say 'baiting'?)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Can some conservatives explain what's going on or is it just too embarrassing?

Don't want to be off-topic but to respond

Democrats to GOP: You're Either With Tea Party or Against It
The Democratic National Committee is today launching an effort to force Republicans "to stand with the Tea Party or disavow their beliefs," as DNC Spokeswoman Brandi Hoffine put it in a release.

The group is urging local reporters in 30 districts to press House Republican candidates and officeholders to specify whether they will join Rep. Michele Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus.

www.cbsnews.com...

Can you explain your party forcing the entire GOP to either be with the Tea Party or not? As if the GOP are interdependant like the Borg and nobody is allowed individualism?

My point is your question is futile because it's the wrong question.

Repubs or Dems, they are the one party system, the should we screw the country this way or that way party.

And yes, the DIGG conspiracy is pathetic!
Almost as pathetic as MSNBC becoming Fox News once the Dems came into power.

Actually if you watch, say, Rachel Maddow... it becomes extremely evident that she takes her job as a journalist seriously and actually digs deep into the topics. Whereas pundits on Fox News obviously do neither and instead exist to push a series of agendas, whether or not the deeper facts support them... which they usually dont.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Kindly provide proof of the lie..The article supports screenshots of the email, usernames, grouppage screenshot and other information. How is it a lie? Is it a lie because conservative got caught red handed trying to suppress and censor information?

screenshots aren't proof; I can make 100 usernames tonight if I want and start a fraud smear campaign and blame it on the tea party.

You don't have proof; but you don't need it. You'll smear conservatives any chance you get, even over a few burying stories.

Read the list of stories in the screen shot, they are ridiculous....One even says "tea baggers"; so respectful and mature.

And the bunch of useless liberal nerds on digg are nothing but one big gang, when ever you comment on a story; if you don't praise Obama or bash 'tea baggers' you get dugg down. How is this any different?

This thread is a waste...

[edit on 5/8/10 by xstealth]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

That is all

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
This story is a complete lie.

Digg is the most liberal left site on the entire internet, and going to it makes me want to vomit.

Their hate for conservatives, freedom, and liberty is unreal; and I believe this is liberals just trying to make conservatives look even worse.

Digg users would support absolutely anything that Obama and the left supports, no matter how dangerous and stupid it might be.

If there was a group of conservatives trying to suppress liberals on digg, they have been doing a terrible job, but I don't believe it for a minute!

In case you didn't know... up until about a year ago, Liberals were the ones fighting for all those freedoms and civil liberties while you conservatives bashed them for questioning the government and being lenient about the law and being activist hippies. Don't you dare try to pretend that Conservatives were all about liberties all along... the truth is you, overall, WEREN'T. Seriously, just like these conservative digg users, the right-wing has been trying to deliberately censor media and literally re-write history in the past 2 years. If that doesn't scream Fascist then nothing does.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

screenshots aren't proof; I can make 100 usernames tonight if I want and start a fraud smear campaign and blame it on the tea party.

You don't have proof; but you don't need it. You'll smear conservatives any chance you get, even over a few burying stories.

Read the list of stories in the screen shot, they are ridiculous....One even says "tea baggers"; so respectful and mature.

And the bunch of useless liberal nerds on digg are nothing but one big gang, when ever you comment on a story; if you don't praise Obama or bash 'tea baggers' you get dugg down. How is this any different?

This thread is a waste...

[edit on 5/8/10 by xstealth]

Go ahead and take their side, defend them and claim it's a hoax... but unless you have proof of YOUR assertions, you just look like an apologist for sore losers.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

having multiple accounts, upvote padding,
(visit the link for the full news article)

I always thought it was implied that sort of thing happened on these types of sites. If you go anywhere on the net where news can be "voted up" expecting an objective opinion with no results-tampering, you're naïve to put it politely. Not speaking directly to the OP, but anyone who expects the aforementioned.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
UN FRINKEN BELIEVABLE to say the least ... Thank you for sharing this incredible piece of journalism ...Hats off to Alternet news and contributors .Maybe this will get out ....oya ..this is going to go viral.....I have in the past thought of myself as a conservative ....If it is defined in the context of this venom I denounce all forms of conservatism ....WOW .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Go ahead and take their side, defend them and claim it's a hoax... but unless you have proof of YOUR assertions, you just look like an apologist for sore losers.

First off, I don't have proof and neither do you.

Second off, I am not a republican; but the democrats have no right to bash republicans now when they are destroying the country equally.

Not to mention running on another pathological liar president who won't secure our borders.

I don't know about you but I am sick of this crap, been sick of it for as long as I can remember.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

OH YEA NOW I AM GOING TO POST MY SECOND LINE

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join