It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of NASA's Kepler Mission discovery was a leak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

News of NASA's Kepler Mission discovery was a leak

www.datelinezero.com

The leak originated from a member of the Kepler Mission team who apparently was simply so excited that he couldn’t contain himself. It is, after all, exciting to have confirmed at least 5 earth-like planets in our own Galaxy, with possibly hundreds of others. How do can you not share something like that?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Kepler Confirms: Smaller Planets Rule the Galaxy
NASA's Kepler Satellite Locates Host of Earth-Sized Planets!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The story states that the Kepler team was going to possibly sit on the news until Feb 2011. But this guy blurted out the find during a talk -- complete with charts and graphs.

Was the massive Kepler find possibly going to be shelved indefinitely?

More than that, is "leaking" the new press release?

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
LOL

wikileaks is inspirational

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
We should get this place tidied up, we might have visitors soon!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Too many companies and what have you are having "leaks" as the new advertising scheme. If you see it as a "leak" it must be something you aren't supposed to know about and peaks interest.

I believe this as just another one of those ploys.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
NASA sitting/keeping things to themselves, go figure!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
**This is an important announcement will JIM OBERG please come to this thread I repeat will JIM OBERG please come to this thread***

A pin has dropped, the silence is deafening!

Another clear example of how Never A STrAiGhT aNSwER works against the people to fulfil agendas of their own.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Hey Fran,

I don't think Oberg would be able to do much more than engage in either character assassination or praise at this point; the cat is just too far out of the bag - The Kepler team already confirmed that what he said was true.

Here is the chart from the famous talk that Sasselov gave:

*This man will certainly have his place in the history books. Any attention by James Oberg would probably help to ensure that.

(....And besides, it's not like the guy said anything about aliens, so he's probably safe from Oberg's bad side for now. Right Jimbo? )

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

The really important question has yet to be asked it seems...exactly WHY would they be planning to 'sit on the information' or shelve it indefinitely, in the first place?

And doesn't this revelation, that they had intended to keep the information hidden, at least tell those that are ready to believe anything the government and their agencies tell them (or don't tell them) to at least be a little less trusting of what is served up to them as the truth of a matter?

There is no credible reason to hide this from the public, none at all.

If the 'settle upon' reason was one of clarification, it would be a simple matter to state 'subject to clarification' as a disclaimer on the accuracy of the finds.

But no...they were planning to lie to the public instead.(a lie by omission, is still very much a lie)

Which begs the obvious question...if they plan to lie about something as benign as finding other 'Earth like' planets in the galaxy, one can imagine they would not be exactly forthright regarding really important issues and discoveries eh?

Food for thought...eyes open folks.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
There is no credible reason to hide this from the public, none at all.

Unless of course they have a time line agenda that would coincide with the 2012 hype.

Project bluebeam anyone?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yeah...i second that.
If this was a slip up, imagine what other things they didnt slip up on in ther past. things that are huge ,they haven't told us... Go figure....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Well yeah, i guess the only reason would be to follow some sort of timed info release.

But no morally proper reason, such as checking the accuracy of the information and so on.

I detest how people set themselves above others, simply because they don't belong to the same 'club'. It's the same arrogant idiocy that has kept humanity back and repressed for millenia.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ps...Of all these earthlike planets...how many are situated in the goldilocks zone?...because, that's actually what we are interested in

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

No idea.

Perhaps they are 'shelving' that information too.

That's the problem with a liar, you can never be quite sure of anything they say again.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by spikey]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

True.
i suppose its possible for all of the planets to be out of the zone, but statistically, there should be one or two that can be in there. would be awesome if this were the case.
Then we have struck gold.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
what do they mean, "earth-like"?

moon? water? o2? size?

i know what i think of when i hear that description.

i am loading it now but it's 22mins to watch.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA
Yeah...i second that.
If this was a slip up, imagine what other things they didnt slip up on in ther past. things that are huge ,they haven't told us... Go figure....

Forget Oberg, like Sagan, he has a part to play for the secret keepers.

Past secrets started in the 1940s with the air force FORCED to recognized that UFOs were not from this planet. The missile race became the phony "space race" not merely to plumb the depths of the physical characteristics of Mars and Venus for Science, but to ascertain if they could harbor life and be the home of the UFO.

Our Mariner 9 found evidence that started the ball rolling on Mars. The Viking missions confirmed what was suspected. The Soviets gave up on their share of the search, Venus, and focused on our share of the search, Mars.

Mars will confirm about every wild theory we have about ETs, even Sagan's suggestions that they came here long ago and were instrumental in much of our development--if not all.

The secrecy bubble can pop at any time these days and we will see how we have been lied to for decades (for our own good, of course).

As I've said before, Phobos is the key, and the key is turning in the long locked door. It is time for other long-suppresed data to emerge to make the picture whole.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
When they form, planets have all the basic elements of life (life as we know it). Because asteroid contains all elements, including water. So these earth sized planet must have water and all the stuff we have on earth. These elements can escape the planets, depending on the conditions, but most of these planets probably have all the right conditions for life. There are good chance they are in the habitable zone : Planet form at regular interval from the star, since they originate from a nebulae. At this point it become more and more impossible to deny the existence of alien civilizations.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ickylevel]

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh this is rich.

This isn't proof of NASA lies, it's proof that NASA scientists are human.

It is also proof of there being a lot of unconfirmed earth sized planets in the galaxy, that's it.

And that's the kicker here, unconfirmed.

that team members had been allowed to keep to themselves for further analysis until next February.

NASA wasn't planning to withhold this information, they wanted to investigate further and confirm their findings before sharing the news, this is what real scientists typically do, I say typically because, Dimitar Sasselov got a bit ahead of himself obviously.

But please, continue with your ignorant witch hunt against NASA, it's quite funny to watch actually.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Oh this is rich.

This isn't proof of NASA lies, it's proof that NASA scientists are human.

It is also proof of there being a lot of unconfirmed earth sized planets in the galaxy, that's it.

And that's the kicker here, unconfirmed.

that team members had been allowed to keep to themselves for further analysis until next February.

NASA wasn't planning to withhold this information, they wanted to investigate further and confirm their findings before sharing the news, this is what real scientists typically do, I say typically because, Dimitar Sasselov got a bit ahead of himself obviously.

But please, continue with your ignorant witch hunt against NASA, it's quite funny to watch actually.

At what point can we call the withholding of processes of Science governmental secrecy? Sure, they may have good reason to withhold the data according to their way of thinking. I'll give you an example they could use for justification: When both the discovery of pulsars and quasars were discovered it was originally independently thought they were signals from alien civilizations. (For all we peons know, maybe they are!)

Still, your blanket dismissal is not worth much. Just a mere glance into the history of the US government's involvment with UFOs will reveal that there always has been a long, continuous and systematic agenda to suppress the truth in that area. Forgetting any ET connection, If you merely look at the trend of such discoveries in that field, you can realize that recent announcement was hardly that shocking, just another rung up the ladder.

Just what is it you object to, UFOs, ETs anywhere, active minds that can leap out ahead of data being withheld and discuss what the scientists are surely discussing behind closed doors? You would have us all be closed-minded sheeple waiting quietly for revelations from on-high (government)?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join