It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ousted USDA employee Shirley Sherrod says she will sue blogger Andrew Breitbart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Her attorneys are probably following this thread to see how far-reaching the damage that Breitbart did was.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Wherever you get your law from, the simple fact is that libelous and slanderous statements require 1 thing: falsehood.

The Breitbart 'edited' video has text running during the beginning of it.

The text states:

Ms. Sherrod admits that in her federally appointed position, overseeing over a billion dollars...

She discriminates against people due to their race.

This is a blatant falsehood. Ms. Sherrod never admitted to discriminating against anyone due to their race, and in fact the entire purpose of her story was to state the exact opposite.

By including this text in his video, Andrew Breitbart effectively shot himself in the foot. This demonstrates a clear intent to defame. The clip alone would probably not have gotten him in trouble. The printed statements will.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Andrew Breitbart would welcome an open forum like a trial. That would suit him just fine. He could then expose Sherrod and Obama at the same time.

You see, there is this little scandal, that the media, Sherrod and Obama played right into, called “Pigford v. Glickman” - basically a giant fraud scheme that involves both Sherrod and Obama.
Imagine all the embarrassed faces!

The racism thing doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the "greedy, self-absorbed, psychopathic criminal" thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have to laugh at how this thread dropped to nothing. What happened? Was it something I said?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I guess we'll see when it goes to trial.

Meanwhile, he and his team are still at it: Breitbart writer absurdly accuses Sherrod of violating the Hatch Act

And to address the question of "editing" vs. "excerpting brought up earlier, this is all I've seen: mediamatters.org... Breitbart on whether the "edited" Sherrod video he posted was "out of context": "Well, yes."Breitbart on whether the "edited" Sherrod video he posted was "out of context": "Well, yes."

Why didn't he just speak to the woman?

This is another bit of hilarity...I don't particularly care one way or another, trust me. But it does go to the insanity of all this blogging stuff.

Meet Breitbart's Sherrod writer: Racist sexual "expert" and inventor (who cured cancer)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
BULL!

She has all the ground in the world due to the libelous text at the beginning of the video. That is all she needs.

Even the left's Chris Matthews admits Brietbart's copy of the video was uncut and showed the context.

Face it, this is all on the NAACP and the white house. You cant blame Fox or Brietbart.

Now can you explain why none of you care about the MSM reporting on completely made up quotes which they claimed came from Rush? I'm talking of course about the slavery and james earl ray quotes.

The hypocrisy being shown here is just off the charts. Lucidty keeps posting articles from Media Matters, an organization that REGULARLY accuses people of being racist. Of course, as long as its directed at the right targets, Lucidity is fine with it.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
Even the left's Chris Matthews admits Brietbart's copy of the video was uncut and showed the context.

You need to watch that a few more times and then tell me what Chris says about the text at the beginning of the video. If you think his opinion on it matters, why not post his opinion on the opening text that I am talking about?

Face it, this is all on the NAACP and the white house. You cant blame Fox or Brietbart.

Face it, you are going out of your way to ignore the big white letters on the blue background that open the video with a blatant lie - even Chris Mathews caught that part.

Now can you explain why none of you care about the MSM reporting on completely made up quotes which they claimed came from Rush? I'm talking of course about the slavery and james earl ray quotes.

I can only speak for me and I have no clue what you are talking about so I guess the media is not doing the killer job you think.

The hypocrisy being shown here is just off the charts. Lucidty keeps posting articles from Media Matters, an organization that REGULARLY accuses people of being racist. Of course, as long as its directed at the right targets, Lucidity is fine with it.

It is off the charts. The lengths you are all going to to pretend that breitbart video was not a lie is amazing. If you really feel the need to respond to me with charges of hypocrisy because of something another poster posts, then you need to stop trying to convince me you are really an alien.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join