It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost invisible mirrored tree house built in Sweden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey I saw this, this morning in the Croydon Branch of IKEA.

It was called "Snorky-borg-borg" or sommat??

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Awesome find. I love it.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I assure you the Birds safety would be the last thing on my mind in an event that I would really need to have a well hidden hideout.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It looks so fragile... Just one tree to support it ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yeah cool concept
unless the glass is shatterproof
Bad Idea

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Dang. As an architect, this is sexy.

I think I would really like to see it larger. Good for war too, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
how beautiful! but now all they need is one of those invisability camera cloaks to place ontop of it to make it completely invisable (almost)! and then it would be a perfect cloak!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I'm sure if you are living in a tree house, a toilet not working and no electricity won't be a big deal. However, this would be a great idea for a camping trip...invisible tree houses can replace tents and trailers!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nice find.

However, I have an idea to fix the issue with the bottom mirror reflecting the ground... just wire in a continuous image, using multiple cameras placed in the correct format, from the top of the 'tree house' and have it played below on a giant screen instead of a window.

This way, when the branches sway with the wind, you look up and see it happening just as if you were actually seeing it directly.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
WOW, How KEWL!!! Thanks, BoondockSaint!!
Talk about the "ultimate" hide-out!!! If they can't see you, they can't shoot you!! Since I'll bet it reflects lasers AND infrared, smart-weapons, would NOT work well, IMO!!
Wish I could adapt THAT, to my home-design!! Mmmm... maybe a "safe-house", a few hundred yards away, with connecting tunnels?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I know what you mean. Mirrored? Sun catches it just right an your a beacon for miles around.
Looks cool though.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow, cool, I'd love to live there.

I don't see an issue with birds hitting the mirror, I can imagine a bird seeing it's reflection as another bird and it would make an evasive manouvre.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This doesnt even remotely look like a house. All i see is a painted cube in a tree.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It might be optically confusing, and difficult to notice, but what about infrared? Thermal vision? Not to mention I'm fairly sure if someone saw that in some trees a few questions might be raised.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just fantastic!
My only problem is if some day a group of woodworkers cames and start to shop the "pilar" trees of your house for some mistake... ... ...they will be surprised to see a "invisible house" falling in they'r heads, and you will loose a fantastic house...
What could happen to this type of house if a earthquake or a very strong windy storm happens...also makes me wondering!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
thank you folks for stopping by to comment

As some have pointed out, there are flaws
with this type of bug-out hide away.
But I'd also like to point out, almost ANY
place you chose to bug-out to will have
it's own set of flaws as well. So it's a matter of
the lessor of the 2 evils or just how you
want to bug-out. I just brought this up
as an alternative not as a perquisite.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

WOW,

WOOOOW

Ya think birds crash into it?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Using Pilkington P3 as the external skin should provide sufficient power for basic needs, ie refrigeration, communications, night lighting.

At first, I wanted to pick holes in the suggestion this structure could be suitable for bug-out but after reading the Thread, I now think the possibilities are endless! I'm sure the designers would rise to the challenge of adapting or modifiying the prototype to make it suitable for any terrain.

In a SHTF scenario, I too, would not worry about flying critters, actually, the house/structure could be effective supply of food, dinner on the wing, now on the ground, no ammo wasted!

[edit on 25/7/2010 by teapot]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
Just fantastic!
My only problem is if some day a group of woodworkers cames and start to shop the "pilar" trees of your house for some mistake... ... ...they will be surprised to see a "invisible house" falling in they'r heads, and you will loose a fantastic house...
What could happen to this type of house if a earthquake or a very strong windy storm happens...also makes me wondering!

well in the case of a SHTF scenario, I doubt that woodworkers
are gonna show up to cut trees.

As far as the earthquake, not any house in the world
is completely safe from an earthquake unless you build
it on the moon, however I did see some stabilization
cables attached to the house that ran toward the ground.
(Or what I perceived to be a stabilization mechanism)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

teapot
you bring up a great point

You could also use solar panels
for the skin to generate your
own electricity.

neat idea, star for you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>