It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Photoshopping Goes From Bad To Ridiculously Bad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hadn't seen anything about this before and thought I would share with you guys, Looks like BP is in the photoshopping business but keeping it cheap obviously because it sucks..

It doesn't take long to realize that the helicopter cockpit you're looking at is not actually in the air at all. In the upper lefthand corner, above the pilot's head, you can see an air traffic control tower. Oops. And, at the link above, they also zoom in on some of the panel instrumentation, suggesting that the door and ramp are open and the parking brake is engaged. Oh, and that document in the pilot's hand? Pre-flight checklist.

Source

They didn't really think they could fool the internet with this did they?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I know 10 year olds that can do a better photoshop job than that.

I don't understand why they feel the need to publish fake photo shots.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I went to the link you used as a source and did not see where they got that picture from?

was it released by bp and if so when? and where?

Respectfully,

~meathead

ETA there source leads here:

www.bp.com...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh wow, thats one sh|tty Photoshop job ... not only the hint of the Tower in the upper left corner but also the cockpit front windows that image of the gulf is a little too bright even if it was really really clear and sunny plus the LCD screens of the helicopter seems way off with its brightness.. I could do a better job than that and I'm not into it that much

[edit on 22-7-2010 by MilzGatez]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Even my 9th grade computer art teacher would have given that an F.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

nice post

i love your humor, its brilliant.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Your thread and story is great s&f.
My first thought is that:these "clowns"are dangerous by decieving us like this.
Thinking we are all a bunch of cretozoids with no IQ. They are in a position of power and see what they do. Its exhausting...dangerous poeple i tell you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Makes you wonder what is real and what is not. I would like to know where the picture came from though.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No way in Heck is this even remotely real its just some guy trying to pull a fast one you really think they would not have noticed this b4 they published it a 4 years old would be able to find waldo on this piece of *snip*

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
* professional photoshop retoucher here boys *
yea thats just amazing, no way in hell that sea is real. its just like in videogames xaxaxa
i dont know what to say i guess they really think we are sheep

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
in my job making top models look better/slim/no zits or cutting furniture off pics i always made them photorealistic,like you will never believe the image was photoshoped.
and those people want to fool us and they photoshop like this? axaxxaaxxaxax

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
@OP

What makes you sure this has been released by BP.

We need a link to the original photo source like via BP PR/Media department etc.

Yes the photo is BS.

So far we have an unknown website/blog release a bad image attributed to BP.

This is as bad as those 9/11 photo of the plane just before it hit the tower with the guy standing on the top floor.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Let's get this right. It's not just an attempt to subvert public opinion or mere spin. It is lies, lies, lies!

What else are they lying about? Well, pretty much everything.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I would say they have taken the pictures down. This is no where near as bad as when BP deploys their full staff only when an official is going to show up to check on their work.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Thank you !

that was exactly my point..

i followed the source's link to be given another link to the same blog where i found another link credited as the source, which was the bp site i linked earlier... and there is no mention of the helicopter photo or acknowledgement of it to be found..

Hoax imo ...

~meathead

ETA With all due respect OP i did not mean to imply that you were the Originater of the hoax or were trying to pull a fast one, rather that the story you found was a hoax. No disrespect intended.

~meathead

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
@OP

What makes you sure this has been released by BP.

BP makes me think it.

We need a link to the original photo source like via BP PR/Media department etc.

Here is one from BP

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is the original photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89b36085f005.jpg[/atsimg]

BP has acknowledged their practice of photoshopping some of the official images of their Deepwater Horizon clean-up efforts, and has vowed to stop manipulating photographs going forward. They've also created a Flickr account where you can see the unaltered originals. Source

The above paragraph has a direct link to their Flickr account in the source.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have a link. It is legit

AOL NEWS LINK

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thank you for digging up the yahoo link

I willingly and graciously take a bite of humble pie

There is no doubt in my mind now (thanks to you
) they did do it and admitted it. Now the question remains was it too hide the fact they were not flying or to hide the fact that from what i see of the original there are sitting in basically what looks like a huge lake of oil ?

~meathead

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join