It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel convinces US with Credible military plan on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

A top U.S. State Department official said the U.S. has tremendously increased its defense aid to Israel in light of increasing threats the Jewish State faces.
The message was delivered in a rare speech on Friday by U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Andrew J. Shapiro. He said that U.S. President Barack Obama has asked Congress to allocate $205 million to accelerate development of the “Iron Dome” anti-rocket system – and that the House of Representatives has already done so.
The $205 million for Iron Dome is “above and beyond the $3 billion in Foreign Military Financing that the Administration requested for Israel in fiscal year 2011,” Shapiro said. In 2010, he said the administration requested $2.775 billion from Congress in security assistance funding specifically for Israel, the largest such request in U.S. history.

Story link

another sign of the imminent attack on Iran
before striking they are making sure no retaliation will touch them
so they can attack in peace without any fear that Iran will strike back at them... because this Iron dom wall will stop anything...

i have read another shocking news that the capitol is falling appart and would need 100millions to repair...
soon after i read that the USA have approved a 120millions donations aid so that Israel can repair Auschwitz for the public tourist
but they cant approve to repair one of the most beautifull structure in the Usa... i dont see anymore logic sense in USA

USA have really become a Remote controlled Zombie entity commanded by the Israel Governement

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

if the government planned a date to strike at Iran
with the CIA riding the internet looking into blogs, forums or any website come across a threads that expose the real date
that will affect their plan to make a surprise attack ...
the best strategic fast military victory = Surprise attack
so yes there is some chances
that ATS may have actually prevented a strike in the past
but that can only buy us some time nothing more ... sadly
its only speculations .. but its totally plausible

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Credible military option you say! What a joke, Israel hasn’t discovered a way to make peace in it’s occupied territories in well over 60 years! All they have done is created an endless cycle of violence, death, deprivation and destruction.

The United States nearly 10 years after entering Iraq and Afghanistan violently has overseen a spiraling of the drug trade in Afghanistan, installed a puppet government that can barely cling to power within a heavily fortified U.S. Zone and seen that nation fall to 7th on the failed states list, while turning Iraq at the same time into an endless quagmire of sectarian violence, daily death and destruction, mutated babies from depleted uranium shells left all over the country, yet another puppet government that can’t survive outside of it’s heavily fortified zone it rules in, and seen them fall to 5th on the failed states list, while spending trillions of dollars and accumulating massive debts at the expense of the U.S. Taxpayers, and you really, really think they have a credible plan for dealing with Iran.

Hello earth calling Jerusalem and Washington D.C., come in Jerusalem and Washington D.C., and do us all a favor and get real!

Propaganda at it’s worst!

[edit on 19/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Everyone seems to be willing the US to attack Iran, as if it is merely a matter of when. There have been a number of threads on these Boards hypothesising and speculating with the same old doom-laden message of inevitability. No one seems to be facing the facts that the reality is that the US and / or Israel will not attack Iran.

Is there any concrete evidence that US policy is shifting towards that of a belligerent with regards to Iran? No.

The fact is that the US will seek to avoid conflict with Iran, especially any conflict which has no support from the UN / friends (e.g. the UK) and which will leave them isolated and perceived as the aggressor / occupier. The US has proactively worked with the EU and sought a common approach with China et al in isolating Iran. The US will not wish to disrupt the new-found consensus which has seen UN sanctions.

The US is many things, but they are not stupid and know that an attack against Iran would be a catastrophic mistake and shelve any chance of Middle East progress for decades. It is not a question of whether the US would win because all (except the grossly misinformed or deluded) know that Iranian chances of surviving a week against the US military is zero.

Israel will defer the Iranian politics to the US as they cannot attack Iran in any sustainable way - look at the map and the distance between Iran and Israel. The US will keep Israel tame and on a leash. Israel has enough problems of their own to sort out and will not embark on a fool’s errand which will only give fuel to Hezbollah et al.

The US (and the World) can play the long game, and will do so. Why flatten Iran when the regime has already shown the world that it is precariously placed and only maintains its domestic standing through internal oppression. Even a nuclear armed Iran can be contained and as the ante gets progressively raised so will the pressure on Iran and the consequential domestic implications.

So, all you doom mongers, wishers of death and destruction and armchair generals beware. Your Fantasy War will remain just that - a fantasy.

Regards

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i agree 100% with you with a stars
there is NO credible plan
any plan to strike Iran just to think about doing it is bad
imagine doing it ...
its by saying their plans are credible to the news ... the news then turns it into credible ... thats the incredible part

many lies have been sent to the world news from Israel
to make the world confortable for the strikes
Israel hate to be condemned when they murder
they want to be labelled as hero savior of the world from a tyrannic regime that doesnt support democracy and freedom

Netanyaouh all his last speechs that i have listen are
HAMAS HAMAS NUKES IRAN IRAN IRAN HIZBULLAH ROCKETS ON ISRAEL (that 99% of the time do little damage to open field)

its more easy than ever to detect comings lies and propaganda in the news today ... media are manipulated by rich and high power ranking officials ... if they do not follow ... they will be shut down
they ultimate weapons is not NUKES ... ITS FEAR
the fear weapon have now being aimed at Iran
with is thousand of missile that can strike europe and soon with nukes...

HOW MANY TIME I HAVE HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE.. to many

sadly many are still fooled today and thinks its fun to go destroy a country like they did with Irak and Afghanistan...thats the democratic moral decision to do for the world
Israel wants to be seen by the world as a savior not like the destroyers of world it is

Making USA go fight for them in Irak and Afghanistan after they fooled everyone with the hollywood script operation that happened on 9/11
its an abomination... not even Satan would be that bad

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

If you think it is only the Israelis speaking about a military option against Iran, I would point out a thread I did recently “We cannot live with a nuclear Iran” – Arab diplomat. I think it reinforces this thread. There are elements within the Arab community that are openly advocating a military attack on Iran as well, and if we do not contain Iran's nuclear program then they will side with Tehran.

So Washington is being courted to take on this task by Zionists and oil producers alike. Who do we all think Washington will eventually listen to?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Israel is helping China turn thier old decomissioned fighter jets into remote controlled drones. Source: NationalPublic Radio.
Yeah, sure they want to work with US.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by paraphi

If you think it is only the Israelis speaking about a military option against Iran, I would point out a thread I did recently “We cannot live with a nuclear Iran” – Arab diplomat. I think it reinforces this thread. There are elements within the Arab community that are openly advocating a military attack on Iran as well, and if we do not contain Iran's nuclear program then they will side with Tehran.

So Washington is being courted to take on this task by Zionists and oil producers alike. Who do we all think Washington will eventually listen to?

Your source for this is the United Arab Emirates which is basically a corporation in it's own right, comprised of a very small strip of land, that is heavily into oil and financial services.

So no that is not a significant call from the Arab World to have the U.S. spend more tax payer money, and more lives of our children to wreck havoc on yet millions more innocent men women and children to satiatie the xenophobes and drama queen arm chair generals of the world.

They have been at this propaganda for years now, clearly the majority of the American public wants nothing to do with another war, and is tired of all the exagerated hype and lies that have been used in the past to encourage us to fight them.

It's a shame people would use these boards to promote wanton death, violence and destruction for the flimisiest and most superficial of false reasons.

I can never figure out if such people are really that dumb or they imagine us the rest of us to be.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by paraphi

im adding this important statement to yours
this is quoted from the last G20 in Toronto

"World leaders “believe absolutely” that Israel may decide to take military action against Iran to prevent the latter from acquiring nuclear weapons, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said Saturday.
“Iran is not guaranteeing a peaceful production of nuclear power [so] the members of the G-8 are worried and believe absolutely that Israel will probably react preemptively,” Berlusconi told reporters following talks with other Group of Eight leaders north of Toronto.

just how many signs do we need .. to open our eyes and digg our heads out of the sand block before we understand the seriousness of this....
only one strike is needed ... to ignite the WW3

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Here is another 7.5 Billion down the drane in Pakistan. 10's of millions of Americans are desperate for work and assistance and the Senate won't give it to them, but hey we have 7.5 billion for Pakistan even though we are currently 13 trillion in debt?

Yeah they always make great plans! Credible plans!

To waste our money and get rich off of killing innocent men women and children.

ISLAMABAD -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton sought Monday to convince skeptical Pakistanis that American interest in their country extends beyond the fight against Islamist militants by announcing a raft of new aid projects worth $500 million.

The projects, which include hospitals and new dams for badly needed electricity, are part of a $7.5 billion aid effort to win over Pakistanis suspicious about Washington's goals here and in neighboring Afghanistan, where U.S. troops are being killed in ever greater numbers in an insurgency with roots in Pakistan.

Military.com

Now that 7.5 billion is basically just a bribe to keep turning a blind eye to what we are doing in neighboring Afghanistan and along the Pakistani border, inside the Pakistani border with Afghanistan.

So lets look over in Afghanistan and see how wonderful are credible plans are doing there!

This though will cost you another 60 billion dollars, sorry unemployed Americans you see this is so much more imporant!

KKABUL, Afghanistan -- The goal is to transform Afghanistan into a modern nation, fueled by a U.S.-led effort pouring $60 billion into bringing electricity, clean water, jobs, roads and education to this crippled country. But the results so far -- or lack of them -- threaten to do more harm than good.

The reconstruction efforts have stalled and stumbled at many turns since the U.S. military arrived in 2001, undermining President Obama's vow to deliver a safer, stable Afghanistan capable of stamping out the insurgency and keeping al-Qaida from re-establishing its bases here.

Poppy fields thrive, with each harvest of illegal opium fattening the bankrolls of terrorists and drug barons. Passable roads remain scarce and unprotected, isolating millions of Afghans who remain cut off from jobs and education. Electricity flows to only a fraction of the country's 29 million people.

10 years and 60 billion dollars devoted to bringing electricity to Afghanistan and only a fraction of the people have gotten it!

That's effeciency.

Personally I think the people who say they have credible plans for a 'pre-emptive war' of agression just need strung up from the nearest lamp post at this point.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

stars!!
i have tripled my writing on the internationnal news with my threads and post/replies.... because im just pissed off by all of this injustice crual acts
making trillions dollars wars paid by the TAX PAYER
the government is supose to be THE PEOPLE
and represent only their citizens
in good old time ... corrupted leaders that commited war crimes
were hanged in the streets ..

THEY HAVE REMADE THE LAW TO BE ABOVE THE LAW
this is a crime against the law doing this ... MY LAWS

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Perhaps then you could be so kind as to explain, why Arab nations from Jordan to Saudi Arabia have expressed growing concern with Iran's nuclear ambitions. Perhaps you can explain why the Saudi's have cleared a portion of their airspace for Israeli military aircraft. Perhaps you can explain why it is that Sec Gates has reassured the Saudi's they will receive all the military assistance they need for protection against Iran. All of these have been recently discussed on these boards, and are readily available on the internet.

My own personal views as I have expressed here many times. I think that any attack on Iran is both ill advised and misconceived. Iran has not violated any laws, and this is one time I think we need to keep our seats on our side of the fence and ignore any attempts to influence us into anything outside of diplomatic routes. That being said,

Perhaps you should retain any assumptions of what you think I have represented to the discussion at hand and not attempt to represent that I have advocated something I have not, nor would I.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

fool me one time with WMD (Irak)
fool me twice on the same "(beep)"

then im more dumber than the dumb and dumber guy

Saudi arabia and Jordan are already solded country
billions from US/Israel was invested in those 2 countries

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
new Monday statement from the President of Iran

Ahmadinejad called for negotiations with the US over the nuclear issue and mocked the latest round of sanctions the US helped push through the UN Security Council during his speech on Monday

"We are for negotiations, but to do so you have to sit down like a good boy," Ahmadinejad was quoted by AFP as saying in reference to the US in his speech. "They adopt a resolution to force a dialogue, but this cowboy logic has no place in Iran."

Ahmadinejad also criticized the US for opposing Iran's nuclear program out of the fear that it will acquire a nuclear weapon when the US has over "5,000 fourth and fifth generation atomic bombs."

Ahmadinejad : 1
USA/Israel : 0

even after 4 rounds of sanctions

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was just reading the latest web bot data, and it's been referring to this situation as the "Israeli Mistake".

The Iranian president has been doing exactly what the US / Israel PTB want him to. He's a loud mouthed, racist fool and he's getting played. All these world leaders want war. They are insane. Ours and theirs.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

racist fool ? he may be mad but he his no racist
many good jew a living peacefully in Iran
and are supporting the president
palestinians dont have the same luxury

mani rabbi have loudmouthly said that 1 jew worth a thousand arabs...
Racists = peoples who thinks they are more superior compare to others

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If The US and Israel strike Iran and start another war, with us already
bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan, I firmly believe the people of this
nation, (US) will go ballistic and rip this country apart. We are all so sick
of wars, and cramming our beliefs down the throats of everyone on the
planet that just want us to all go home and get out of their land.

I truly believe that the leaders of this country and Israel are totally nuts
and don't care about what the world thinks of us. This whole scenario
of another war with Iran or anybody, makes me sick. No wonder the
entire planet hates Americans and Israelis. Let's start another war and
show the world that we are big bad bullies and no one can mess with us.
Excuse me while I go and puke.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Saudi arabia and Jordan are already solded country
billions from US/Israel was invested in those 2 countries

Show me the evidence that Isreal has invested billions in Saudi Arabia. Please.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I read the article and it is nothing more than SPECULATION.

Before everyone starts drinking Kool-aid again talking about the end of world is neigh and tunes in to Alex Jones and buys their underground bunkers, relax.

Top military leaders have said time and time again how bloody and messy adding a third war in the Middle East would be.

Let the unheard of news sources spew their garbage of incredulous stories while they make mountain stories from molehills. The original Times article is not implying a war in Iran like the misleading story from this 'news site.'

Here is the original story in question.

www.time.com...

In late 2006, George W. Bush met with the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon and asked if military action against Iran's nuclear program was feasible. The unanimous answer was no.

and

For the moment, the White House remains as skeptical as ever about a military strike. Most senior military leaders also believe Gates got it right the first time — even a targeted attack on Iran would be "disastrous on a number of levels." It would unify the Iranian people against the latest in a long series of foreign interventions. It would also unify much of the world — including countries like Russia and China that we've worked hard to cultivate — against a recowboyfied U.S. There would certainly be an Iranian reaction — in Iraq, in Afghanistan, by Lebanese Hizballah against Israel and by the Hizballah network against the U.S. and Saudi homelands. A catastrophic regional war is not impossible.

Yes the article says talk has resumed about the "what ifs" of an attack, but the general consensus is that it would end very badly. Even if Israel is trying to get us to launch a campaign, we have our hands full already.

Fear-mongerors you have been Debunked.

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Please do not ignore the obvious fact that we are already involved in military action against Iran. Have a look at a map of the middle east, and see what Iraq and Afghanistan both have in common. To think that we are not actively working in Iran is absurd. The only reason we are not occupying this country right now is because of its behavior in past wars.

When Iran was at war with Iraq. Iran sent in waves of children until Iraqi positions were over ran. Iraqis reported that they fired until barrels melted and or ammunition was exhausted. Before we can march into Iran we must have the support of the people hence all the recent unrest there.

That said we will likely never openly occupy Iranian soil, for obvious reasons. You will however see open civil war soon.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join