It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil now leaking "a distance from the well" ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Kudos to ATS members for due diligence on this matter. Funny how we kept coming up with this stuff and some would say we were fear mongering but we just keep get proven correct! When will the rest learn? Probably never.
This should blow the lid off of whether a class action suit should be brought against these bozos because we have proven that they've been lying the entire time! Negligence anyone?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Source says "seep" so it could be a natural seep, which the Gulf expels a rather large amount of oil every year naturally. Won't know till they find out how much is leaking I guess.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Not only is there leaks away from the well, the well itself is currently leaking:

View leaking well

Check this out quickly before they shut down the camera.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
reply to post by skeptic_al

Not only is there leaks away from the well, the well itself is currently leaking:

View leaking well

Check this out quickly before they shut down the camera.
LOL it looks like it has been getting worse in the past few hours, the globs are coming up much more frequently now and in two places instead of one...
Also can some one explain whats so bad about the leaks on the sea floor, i remember 2 months there were live feeds showing the leaks but nothing was ever mentioned any where.....Conspiracy may be???

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

But if pressure isnt released, those pressure-points will potentially open even further.

I have considered this, but I think even after opening the well again these will still leak along with others they are not speaking about
. I think they are reopening it because the world will see how much oil is still surfacing after closing that well, and will really start to wonder why is so much oil still leaking even after leak closed....

[edit on 7/19/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why does it always come down to placing blame? We as a world need to be working TOGETHER to resolve this situation, clean it up, and MAKE SURE IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

This doesn't involve placing blame. It does involve radical reform for the drilling industry. It involves moving towards green living as a race. It involves standing TOGETHER against those who would subvert truth for capital gain and disregard nature and humanity.

/rant

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
Why does it always come down to placing blame? We as a world need to be working TOGETHER to resolve this situation, clean it up, and MAKE SURE IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

This doesn't involve placing blame. It does involve radical reform for the drilling industry. It involves moving towards green living as a race. It involves standing TOGETHER against those who would subvert truth for capital gain and disregard nature and humanity.

/rant

Well mighty america has already turned down free help from 17 nations already on 21 different occasions. Im starting to think the US government actually likes what has been happening and is in bed with BP....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I know this has been mentioned many times before on this site but I still cannot understand how they think that if the top kill was stopped because of problems how will capping a well that has been quoted by BP as having a problem with the well casing is not going to leak when the pressure is forced back down well. It does not take a Phd. for someone to see that if you push oil back into a well casing that has been damaged it is going to leak at some point. A well casing will not fix itself. If it does I would love to see how it gets done. The capped pressure has to go somewhere and with its main exit point closed it has to find another source to exit and guess what that means it will exit through any place it finds.
In fact this is a simple test you can do at home with a mentos and a diet coke in a bottle. You have seen what happens when a mentos is put in a diet coke right, ok now recap that bottle after you add the mentos and you will see in rudimentary terms pretty much the same situation as capping a well that has a large amount of pressure pushing oil out. The main thing is the oil has to go somewhere.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen

/rant

I can't believe anyone would say what you just said. Blame!!! of course we need to establish blame -- so the right people can be punished, perhaps put in Jail.

Do you realize what this spill has done to the lives of perhaps millions of people? It will probably kill thousands of clean-up workers. What kind of a wimp statement is that?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

My guess is, you don't understand. If the Cap is on, the pressure in the well is at its max. If you take the cap off, this reduces the pressure everywhere in the well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
All I am saying is that arguing on here about whether BP is British owned or American owned is NOT the way to go. WHO CARES? Just make them pay, because they SHOULD pay, and then do the things I said should be done. I also believe that BP and the US Govt are in bed together. That much is OBVIOUS.

Do not assume you know my motivations. If you have read ANY of my posts on this matter you would have a clue.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

I wasn't questioning your motivations, i was questioning you statement -- it was clear, and very irresponsible.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Your opinion, as mine was mine. Nuff said, let's move on.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I do understand. Why would you make that statement? If you cap a bottle of coke after you shake it up what happens the pressure stays in the bottle. If you drop mentos into a diet coke what happens? It shoots up and out, so now if you put a cap on after you drop it in what happens? Thats right the pressure is going to be contained in the bottle, so what do I not understand that if you put a cap on a well that is leaking with the pressure this one has the oil is just going to find another exit point it will not just settle back down and then you have problem solved. If I am missing something here please enlighten me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

I do understand. Why would you make that statement? If you cap a bottle of coke after you shake it up what happens the pressure stays in the bottle. If you drop mentos into a diet coke what happens? It shoots up and out, so now if you put a cap on after you drop it in what happens? Thats right the pressure is going to be contained in the bottle, so what do I not understand that if you put a cap on a well that is leaking with the pressure this one has the oil is just going to find another exit point it will not just settle back down and then you have problem solved. If I am missing something here please enlighten me.

The pressure in a flowing stream of fluid might go to zero if there is no resistance. Anyway, I can't teach you about this subject -- go to engineering school.

The reason Thad Allen wants to startup the flow again is so the pressure in the pipe will go down, thereby reducing the chance of leaking.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I do not need engineering shool. With the cap on the well the pressure in the rest of the well builds up and will leak out of anywhere it can. When you open the cap it relieves the pressure in the well itself.So now what do I not understand. Cap on and closed pressure in the well builds up.Now open cap pressure in the well goes down in the whole well. That is not hard to understand but since You are an engineer please tell me what I am not understanding. OPen caps less leakage elsewhere, closed cap more leakage elsewhere. That is fairly simple to understand.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ok I'm confused. Haven't we been seeing reports of seepage from the seafloor for weeks? Yet now we have the govt pointing at these "new" leaks as reasons not to keep the cap on.

Does anyone know if these are really new or if they are the same ones we have been hearing about all along?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

You got it right that time. Cap on, pressure high, cap off, pressure low.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfang

It is hard to tell if they are new, but it is new that the gov't has now started to acknowledge them now more than before. Are they finally understanding the whole problem now after 89 days?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
ATS ALWAYS makes predicts that things are worse. So, what, now ATS is full of super-well-informed individuals.

Gimme a break! So many ATSers almost always suspect things are worse, and it is of course then only natural that sometimes things do get worse. Then suddenly it's hoorah for ATS "we are so smart we knew things weeks ago"?? Any pessimistic dummy could have guessed that it could be leaking elsewhere; the difference here being that ATSers "know" it is.

But, these "predictions" are not even true because these "detected seeps" were not detected until AFTER they capped it and the pressure got much higher. So it's a recent thing, and it hasn't been going on!

When things were gushing from the well, it wouldn't be seeping or leaking anywhere because the flow of fluids take the path of least resistance.

DENY IGNORANCE (AND PSYCHICS on ATS!)!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join