It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars shine under the ground too - WOW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
seems like god is tryin to tell us something scientology sucks how can a person tell us whats real and they dont even know.... sound fishy yet

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Now you let a firefly go in there and you got yourself a ufo!!! Sorry couldn't resist. Good find very interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Now you let a firefly go in there and you got yourself a ufo!!! Sorry couldn't resist. Good find very interesting.

good one you killed it

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Wow I don't have anything I can say after that. Whatever I say following that will just be sad. That is the comment that should close this thread out. That is priceless thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
thats what I always picture Europa's oceans looking like, with aquatic alien creatures that give off their own light deep down there under the ice!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
Those were featured on the Planet Earth series that was on Discovery Channel! If you haven't seen it I would definitely check it out.

I've got the whole series. I'm waiting on a new HDTV upgrade next week to watch it properly

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The creature that produces that light and those "pearly" strings look like creature from another world.

You can see them on BBC's Planet Earth documentary on the Caves disk. They are indeed amazing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thats awesome as hell.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They are fantastic,some form of bio luminesence,living happily down there in harmony with their environment for millenia.
Probably completley unaware of the almighty cock up we call civilisation which exists on the surface of the planet.

Good luck to the glowing little beasties I say.

No tax or mega consumerism down there.
Just relaxing,emitting light.

Sounds good to me.

(I also wonder,could these beauties be gently teased up to the surface over a period of time,and form a sybiosis with humans,maybe they would provide the light for us,if we just gave them oxygen and CO2,by breathing.

And I bet they would be brighter than those crappy energy saver lights we get these days,plus no mercury!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

looks like the cave from castle in the sky!
awesome!
thanks for the share

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WHAT??? 2 pages and not one mention of Hollow Earth theories? Intriguing.

These are nice pictures. I am always fascinated by bioluminescence. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I've been in a few caves but i've never seen anything like this, they always seem dank, dark and rather unimpressive. The caves you show are absolutely beautiful.

Incredible stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Lightning bugs asleep atop the cave perhaps?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

These pics are just to beautiful to even think about putting a hollow earth post in with it. Although they might be the light showing the way there. No just kidding I am glad that this was not about anything other than the amazing beauty it shows.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. Son,
Awesome photos You get a star

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

actually - no it is not possible to see the stars during daylight from the bottom of a dark hole

what you see from the bottom of the hole is a " collum " of the atmosphere ILLUMIATED by sunlight

this is why you see blue sky in the arpeture

and YES - i have been to the bottom of many caves , mines and shafts that allow such a view

i have looked up a 104m chimney stack - and say only the illuminated sky that i expected to see

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sorry to be a dick but your thread title is wrong. Those are not stars, they are bioluminescent creatures in a cave. Pretty pictures, but the thread title is still wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That was so amazing! I've never seen anything like that!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolabel

And it is such a shame that we will have raped this planet to death before we have even begun to understand at least half of it.

Rape?

"Raped to death"?

You realize children read this site?

"Raped to death" are not words I want my grand-children reading - especially in a thread about stars shining underground (where rape is the last thing they should be reading about).

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If anyone's wondering where these caves are, they're the Waitomo glow worm caves in New Zealand.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by NoHierarchy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join