It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In this video you may discover something you never knew about 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I recently came across this video and it really made me ask some questions.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
NHC report

Interesting video. I remember where I was and what I was doing, but I don't recall the hurricane. There is a good chance that most other things were pushed out of our memory because of the events of that day. But the morning news reports not mentioning it does seem a bit strange.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You would think someone would of at least commented on the hurricane in the news cast .

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Nice to see a new 911 conspiracy, i dont believe the hurricane was close enough to the coast of the north east of America to cause any major worry. Im also pretty sure TPTB hadn't forced every weather station to ignore the hurricane just so their master plan went off without a hitch

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A further conspiracy... why is this a "marked for moderation" thread? ATS knows something they aren't telling us!

Seriously, that is strange. Maybe there's a history of northern hurricanes being ignored by the media? We certainly hear news about every tropical storm in the Atlantic in North Carolina...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is fascinating.

For those of you not wanting to watch the entire video, it shows that a hurricane was off the east coast on 9/11. Since Manhattan is at sea level, the threat of that hurricane MAY have been substantial enough to evacuate Manhattan on 9/11.

But there is no news of the hurricane that morning.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Asperglar]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It seems to me if you had mentioned a hurricane on the news more people would be checking the sky periodically like we all do when there is the possibility of bad weather.
We know BBC was reading from a script that day, what's to say the other networks weren't doing the same?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
found this: about Hurricane Erin on 9/11/01

www.prlog.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i first heard about the hurricane when i heard about the space station being over head of the disaster and they showed pictures of it.

maybe that day or a few days after is when i heard of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris0871
I recently came across this video and it really made me ask some questions.

www.youtube.com...

web.archive.org...://archives.cnn.com/2001/WEATHER/09/11/hurricane.erin/index.html

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another truther piece of crapola

reason nobobdy heard about or cared about ERIN was that it posed no threat to land

The storm meandered around the central Atlantic passing within 100 miles
of Bermuda at closest

Hurricane Erin was the longest-lived hurricane in the 2001 Atlantic hurricane season. The sixth tropical depression, fifth tropical storm, and first hurricane, Erin developed from a tropical wave on September 1. After strengthening to a 60 mph (95 km/h) tropical storm as it moved to the west-northwest, wind shear weakened Erin and caused it to dissipate on September 5. The remnants re-organized into a tropical depression the next day, and Erin strengthened into a hurricane on September 9 while moving northwestward. This was the latest date for the first hurricane of the season since Hurricane Diana on September 10, 1984.[1] Erin quickly intensified and reached peak winds of 120 mph (195 km/h) later on September 9. At its closest approach, Erin passed 105 miles (170 km) east-northeast of Bermuda near peak intensity, and subsequently weakened as it turned to the east. A trough turned Erin to the northeast, and after passing just east of Cape Race, Newfoundland it became extratropical on September 15. The extratropical remnant continued northeastward and lost its identity near Greenland on September 17.

Though it passed 105 miles (170 km) east of Bermuda, Hurricane Erin caused little damage or effects on the island. Large swells from the hurricane produced rough surf and rip currents along the East Coast of the United States. In Newfoundland, Erin dropped moderate amounts of rain and gusty winds, though no damage was reported. Throughout its path, Erin caused no casualties, no injuries, and minor damage.

en.wikipedia.org...(2001)

Operative graph - no casulties, no injuries, and minor damage

Path of ERIN

Noticed in typical truther style NOBODY DID ANY REAL RESEARCH!

Had one guy post some nonsense from nutbar site ....

Totally irrelevant to what happened on 9/11

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It seems to me if you had mentioned a hurricane on the news more people would be checking the sky periodically like we all do when there is the possibility of bad weather.
We know BBC was reading from a script that day, what's to say the other networks weren't doing the same?

I live only few miles from NYC and during hurricane seaon we check the weather considering town has been flooded on several occasions from
Tropical storms

Reason no mention is because it was nowhere near land !

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

I was managing a construction project on 9/11/2001 about 40 miles from ground zero. In construction weather is very important. This "hurricane" was a non-event on the east coast unless you were a surfer because of some high waves but because it was September 11 after school was back in, conditions down the shore weren't really discussed much in the local media and the national media doesn't usually report extensively on weather that is not having any impact nationally.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I was living in Connecticut on 9/11, and this is the first I've heard of a hurricane that was in the area. I guess no one was concerned about it heading toward New York? Why?

I think it's strange that it wasn't at least "mentioned" on the weather channels, and I think it's strange that it wasn't included in the satellite image taken from space.

I guess people knew about it though, because I found this article. Someone that worked for Cantor Fitzgerald had taken 9/11 off to go surfing. It says:

Walczak, a life-long surfer, had taken the day off on September 11 to catch the swells kicked up by Hurricane Erin. Sitting on his board in the water off Sandy Hook, just south of the city in New Jersey, Walczak saw smoke pouring out of the Trade Center. He began calling the office and the homes of his colleagues. No one else on the foreign exchange desk where he worked survived.

..... I know I'm here because of luck, because I surf, and because there was a hurricane. But I'm going to make the best of my life, because I know I can't take anything for granted."

Bloomberg Business News

If the hurricane would have been taken more seriously, seems like lives would have been saved, because they would have evacuated the towers.

NASA was also running some kind of tests on hurricane Erin as it was tracking north.

NASA Makes A Heated 3-D Look Into Hurricane Erin's Eye

She was used as an experiment for a study to improve hurricane tracking and intensity predictions, allowing meteorologists to provide more accurate and timely warnings to the public.

Twenty instrumented packages, called dropsondes, were dropped into Erin's eye by two NASA research aircraft (the ER-2 and DC-8). The special packages included instruments that mapped temperature patterns.

For the first time, researchers were able to reconstruct the structure of the eye in three dimensions from as high as 70,000 feet, down to the ocean surface, in great detail. The dropsondes showed Erin's warm core decreasing while it was rapidly weakening, making the storm more vulnerable to wind shear, a change in horizontal winds, which led to the storm falling apart.

So NASA was literally tracking this storm from beginning to end.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

think it's strange that it wasn't at least "mentioned" on the weather channels, and I think it's strange that it wasn't included in the satellite image taken from space.

It is "mentioned" by the weather channels - THE WEATHER CHANNEL
during hurricane seaon (June 1 - Oct 31) has a feature called
"TROPICAL UPDATE" which reports all weather features - tropical waves, depressions, storms and hurricanes with tracking information

Check it out plays at 50 minutes in the hour.

The weather forecasters knew the storm was not going anywhere near land based on the weather pattersn

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is almost at the level of the September Clues/no planes theories people.

For me, once you get over the hoopla, it's plain to see that this is complete and total BS. You think that "DR" Woods wasn't able to figure this one out? To claim that somehow "the matrix" was changed that morning to completely stop all weathermen(and women) from reporting about a hurricane because they wanted to make sure that the towers were occupied, is beyond ridiculous.

(Another ten minutes wasted on DRJW)

Note to OP:If possible please mention this is a Dr Judy Woods theory being brought to us. Some people have no time for her utter nonsense. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I remember it. I was at work when I heard first mention of the planes hitting the Towers. We got out early and I went surfing as the waves were up from the storm in Massachusetts. It was strange to surf, nobody spoke a word, I guess we figured if it is the end of the World we as well surf.

top topics

join