It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Child Rapists be punished??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sounds like a silly question doesn’t it?

I think that 99% of people, myself included, will think "yes, of course Child rapists should be punished"

There are not many crimes that generate such outrage and repulsion as the thought of an adult abusing a child... Unless, of course, you have directed a few good films... that, apparently, makes it all ok, something we should just brush under the carpet and forget about!!

Well at least that seems to be the case for Roman Polanski who has just won a ruling prevent his extradition to the USA where he faces child rape charges.

Charges which he has previously admitted to and bragged about...

"But... *******, you see... and the young girls. Judges want to **** young girls. Juries want to **** young girls. Everyone wants to **** young girls!"

It amazes me how people seem to view "art" as more important than the rights of children...

What i want to know is what hold over people does this man have?? He has successfully avoided any form of punishment for a crime that most people would have been whizzed off to jail so quick that their feet wouldn’t touch the ground...

How many movie stars, politicians and other people of power have been involved in these sick orgies i wonder? How many, by protecting Polanski, are protecting themselves?

www.independent.co.uk...

Good artical on the issue here...

www.independent.co.uk... -film-director-2025067.html

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You're spot on.

He shouldn't be allowed to 'direct' his way out of this.

I'm sure a few other people see it our way - but we're not getting paid-off, getting out strings pulled, having our careers threatened, or receiving promises to make us 'stars'... Or the multitude of other ways the 'beautiful people' get away with this *bleep*...

peace

[edit on 13-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yes, child rapists should be punished.

So should adult rapists and murderers.

People who wage war and murder people should be punished.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks silo13...

For some reason i cannot get the second link to work... its a very good article on the issue and worth a read... Just copy this...

www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-so-thats-ok-then-its-fine-to-abuse-young-girls-as-long-as-youre-a-great-film-direct or-2025067.html

into your browser if you wish to read...

Peace

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

This gets more into the question: Should the elite be punished? The Franklin affair, which has several ATS threads, involved a homosexual child prostitution ring which did midnight tours of the white house for high level officials (political, industrial, military), and in which only one man ( Sen. Lawrence King) was implicated, charged and convicted. What about everyone else involved? It's the same thing with this Polanski clown... convicting him would open too big a can of worms. He probably threatened to squeal on some of the big guys, and so is granted a reprieve.
edit to add: Should they be charged?.... hell yes!!!

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Never underestimate the power of money and fame...can dig you out of any number of holes...

Just look at Mel Gibson...anyone else spouting the crap he has would be in prison already

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

well I got to thinking if blackmail was his tool
to get out of this, then wondered why would that
be a problem? people are offed all the time for
less stuff than this. Then I realized WHY he is still
alive?

He still supplies the girls !!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This alleged offense took place 30 years ago. Not that time makes an offence go away just that if he was a genuine pedo he would have reoffended many times since then.

I suspect that either the alleged offence was a fabrication or it was not what it appears to be i.e. a set up or some such like.

That said, this man should go to trail so that the truth can be uncovered.

If I was accused of something so heinous as Child rape I would be the first one to say lets see the evidence, and I think this would be normal reaction of an innocent person.

To hide or an attempt at avoidance is very telling...

Rape is of course 100% wrong but sex with a 13 year old is actually about acceptability in society. If a 13 year old girl is coerced or forced into sex this of course is wrong, but what if the situation were that the girl in question was the one to initiate the action?

Of course the wrong doing would be in the hands of the adult but would that be any more understanding in the eyes of society?

I personally think not, but I can see that this issue is less black and white and more a shade of grey.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Feels more like those people in control are the same as he. A child rapist. Feels like that UK thing again. You know, those politicians in scotland/ireland or where it now was, everyone protecting eachother so they could have their "parties"... Would it seriously be us the poeple who judged him he wouldn't see the sun ever again but high-ups give them too low punishments. Here in sweden we have 1.5 years for molesting a child. 1.5 YEARS! People rioting against the power gets ever more in jail than that... Something doesn't feel right when this is one of the most serious and hated crimes in society and they get away with it. You hear more and more about these people and how high up those people are that do these things.

Either way, lock him in, put a "child rapist" sign on his shirt and never let him out!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Are you making a distinction between Statutory Rape and Rape? There is a legal difference between the two and they are not defined as the same crime. Your use of the phrase "Child Rapists" is controversial. In your eyes, are Female Adults that have sex with Underage Males also Child Rapists?

[edit on 13/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

According to the child’s own sworn testimony she said...

"No, no, no," and pleaded for her asthma medication!

Does that count as rape for you??

It does for me... and regardless of if she "enjoyed" it or not... Statutory rape is still a serious offence that can carry a serious sentence...

To answer your question... A woman who has sex with an underage boy has committed statutory rape if the boy has agreed to it... rape if he hasn’t... either way the woman should be punished, although (regardless of the sex of the offender) common sense has to be applied with regards to the age difference...

A 17 year old who has had consenting sex with a 15 year old should not be punished as severely as a 40 year old... there is a difference there that most people can recognise.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

With regards to the "Alleged offence", it is the offence he pleaded guilty to at his trial in 1978, then fled the US before sentencing....he was on bail at the time and bizarrely was not considered a flight risk despite spending most of his time in Europe...

So main point is, He has already had a trial which he pleaded GUILTY at. He ran before he could be sentenced...there fore there is nothing ALLEGED about his crime.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You said it. If the rich and powerful are involved doing the same sick things Polanski is getting away with then it does make sense.
Sexual abuse may well be the #1 destroyer of children. It is the first step in a long series of abuses institutionalized by the Catholic church to further control.
About as sick as it gets people. I say these people should be strung up once convicted. Our children are too precious to allow this type of behavior to continue.
No, not everyone wants to ......... young girls.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by uptheirons!
Never underestimate the power of money and fame...can dig you out of any number of holes...

Just look at Mel Gibson...anyone else spouting the crap he has would be in prison already

Forgive my ignorance here but what has Mel Gibson done to deserve prison. He's made any number of racist, homophobic and misanthropic comments but we do have freedom of speech in America (I hope we still do!).
So, why does Gibson deserve prison time?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Allegedly he has beaten his Ex, police are apparently looking into it, and it would fit in with what we know about his character

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Of course child rapists should be punished! As mentioned in the OP there isn't many crimes worst than an adult taking advantage of a child, especially in a sexual manner to satisfy their perverse desires.

Should a 17 year old boy be punished for having consensual sex with a 15 year old girl? In my opinion no he should not, I don't see anything wrong with consensual sex, personally I lost my virginity at the age of 13 with a girl the same age; it didn't do me no harm and we weren't hurting anybody.

Obviously a line has to be drawn because it could be argued that a 17 year old boy could have sex with a willing 10 year girl who didn't know any better. In these type of instances I think each case should be looked at on an individual basis as the age of sexual understanding varies greatly between person to person.

Don't get me wrong however, I don't think any 10 year old child should be having sex, regardless of their understanding or gender.

Going back to adult child rapists its amazing to read that some people think "every man wants to **** young girls" thats complete bull#, normal adults do not have sexual desire for children. The majority of people would prefer a younger sexual partner (whether male or female) from a physical attraction point of view but they understand the distinction between a young adult and a child.

I find anyone who takes advantage of a child in a sexual manner personally disgusting and would happily dish out the punishment myself.

[edit on 13/7/10 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by uptheirons!
reply to post by Korg Trinity

With regards to the "Alleged offence", it is the offence he pleaded guilty to at his trial in 1978, then fled the US before sentencing....he was on bail at the time and bizarrely was not considered a flight risk despite spending most of his time in Europe...

So main point is, He has already had a trial which he pleaded GUILTY at. He ran before he could be sentenced...there fore there is nothing ALLEGED about his crime.

Interesting, I did not see any of that information in the OP's orriginal linked article.

If true then he should be jailed.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Depends on your faith...

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

source www.evilbible.com...

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join