It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is actually a Sun (Maybe? Perhaps?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I could be totally wrong here. But with the current oil problem we are having, think about it for just a moment. But the damn stuff is supposedly seriously flammable.

It's true, I believe that deepw down in earth, is unlimited amounts of flammable oil and other chemicals and it is just waiting game for the oil to take over, and live it's life flaming brightly.

It's obvious to me. The land and water of earth are temporarily covering up what will combust and become a sun itself.

Humanity is hurrying it up, in my opinion.

Does any of this make sense or am I out of it?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The sun is composed of gas (it's a star).
The earth is rock based (it's a planet).
Just because there is something flammable created from ancient organics on Earth doesn't come near to making it a star.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Interesting theory, but far fetched as it is. The amount of heat such substance(s) would generate would have destroyed any crust and caused planetary destruction. Neat for a sci-fi show or book though.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Definitely a cool theory, but...

in reality, it is probably not true.

Nothing wrong with imagination though. It's healthy.

-Sol

link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
The sun is composed of gas (it's a star).
The earth is rock based (it's a planet).
Just because there is something flammable created from ancient organics on Earth doesn't come near to making it a star.

Thank you for throwing a little reality into my thoughts. I am still not sure that the very very middle of the sun is made of a molten core, a rock, flammable gases. Perhaps the organic oil is is not from ancient material, but instead a natural part of the earth, underneath the core - and in massive amounts.

I never did believe in "peak oil"

link   
Damn slow compy = double post.

Not very cool.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Definitely a cool theory, but...

in reality, it is probably not true.

Nothing wrong with imagination though. It's healthy.

-Sol

I have the theory that no one knows what EXACTLY is underneath our earth's crust. So, yeah, fun to imagine.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

The sun is a "nuclear furnace" where nuclear fusion takes place to burn hydrogen with a core temperature estimated to be 16 million degrees celsius. It is not simply a burning (quick oxidation) of hydrocarbons with a core temp up to 7000 degrees celsius. No, the Earth is not a Sun.

[edit on 7/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I gave you a star cause this made laugh.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think your pretty close in saying the Earth was a star, I mean where did the molten core come from ?

Maybe the Earth and all our neighbouring planets are part of our Sun cast out in an explosion. Some may have been extinguished and now remain as the Gas giants Jupiter and Saturn.

Mars could have been like the Earth, only the molten centre has cooled and is now a cold baron rock like our Moon, and Venus maybe on the other extreme of the Earth, Its inner core still too hot to allow life to form on its surface.

Maybe oil is a residue from the cooling of a fiery gas into a solid form that makes the Earth, and while under ground with no Oxygen it is non-flammable.

Its one to ponder so a star and flag for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I re-read your OP and it is actually a very cool theory.

Definite star and flag for the awesome "off the beaten path" theory.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

LOL just noticed your avatar:

Does it have anything to do with this theory?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i often had this idea that the sun pops out planets. every so often theres a large reaction that causes a planet to pop out and push the existing planets further, equally.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That's definitely a funny viewpoint--the Earth is a star. HAHAHA! Put your thinking cap on. Oh wait, I see that you lost it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Okay, water is abundant here. Water is Hydrogen and Oxygen as you know. They are both highly flammable gases. So why couldn't it one day ignite from some reaction or electrolysis and create a burning star? I've always been baffled how two flammable gases come together and create liquid water which smothers flames. I haven't even mentioned the other flammable oils and gases that are abundant here.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You can find something similar in Gurdjieff's writings or teachings...sorry I don't remember where...(and also I don't know if it was meant symbolically, like a parable, or not)...that the earth will become like the sun, the sun used to be like the earth, and the moon will become like the earth...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm not going to read this forum.. I have no need for less informed people to cloud my opinions and energy.. No offense.. Here we go Nem

I dunno about oil, but take a look at the oceans themselves! We are sitting on a planet largely composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen; these are two of the most flammable gases not only in our world, but in the universe! Take a deep breath and let that sink in..

The Earth is and has been in a process of major expansion.. Check out the EXPANDING EARTH theory there are good videos on youtube and the evidence is undeniable. Skeptics say what you want, have fun deluding yourselves.

OK so, the Earth is not a Sun yet, but is in the process of becoming one and is just about ripe. In fact, the timeline ends on 2012 my friends! Yes.. the end of the world as we know it.. We've all heard talk about ascension and the 5th dimension right? Maybe some have.. The Earth is in the process of evolving and is about to make a huge jump in frequency along with those willing..

IN THE COMING YEARS YOU WILL EITHER HAVE TO SHIFT OF GET OFF THE PLANET!

Don't let that intimidate you, love is actually the key to ascension and this is a rather joyous process. We all know love is the most powerful emotion and emits a high vibration.. maybe some do..

While your on Youtube type in "Our Journey and the Greatest Secret on Earth" the author has a few other videos and they are a good basis for understanding our current situation.. WHICH IS NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!! or maybe it is.. Haha.. is that a pun of some sort?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Saying that the earth could be a sun because it has a lot of flammable elements is like saying that an iron mine could be a car because it has all of the iron. I mean. technically, it could be. But there's a lot more to it than that.

Where does all of the energy come from to split all of the water on earth into hydrogen to get this nuclear reaction happenin? What starts off this nuclear reaction?

Have you heard the one about the first nuclear bomb?? Scientists thought they were going to set the atmosphere on fire or create an uncontrollable, worldwide nuclear reaction
We're still here

[edit on 7/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There is no doubt about it that the earth has an inferno at its core. I bet all the major planets have some sort of fire brewing at their center. If any planet produces a magnetic field then it must have a spinning molten core.

Did you know that Peter prophecied about a time when the earth's interior would heat up and cause the surface to burn and turn molten?

I wouldn't say the whole planet would turn molten. I would make a guess that this means the fault lines would be glowing hot. Peter didn't say the planet was no more after the burning. He just said he saw a new earth after the melting, buring and disolving. The surface of the earth could have looked different after the global volcanic event, in which the earth must have looked new to Peter in his vision.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

We are sitting on a planet largely composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen; these are two of the most flammable gases not only in our world, but in the universe! Take a deep breath and let that sink in..

I think you will find Oxygen is not a flammable gas on its own, more a requirement for other things to burn. Also Hydrogen, whilst highly flammable is rarely found on its own, but normally bound together with Oxygen in the form of water.

And for others that think the Earth has yet to turn into a star, I would say why didn't Mars ?
It once had a molten core and volcanoes just like the Earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join