It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill has made it's way to Texas coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It was bound to be only a matter of time before the oil spread to the Texas shoreline. Today tar balls from the BP oil spill have reached the shores of Galveston Island. So, there you have it folks. This thing has now stretched from Texas to Florida.

news source

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, that sucks.
We were hoping that we may squeak by untouched.....guess not.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i just read that on yahoo news and you beat me posting it... man, this really sux, i was hoping for some miracle and that it wouldn't come here to Texas.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

That's been part of my problem (anger) all along. I knew it would get here (not just tarballs), it was just a matter of time. Like the FL keys, Mexican Riviera, N. Cuba, Virgin Islands.....

Just give it time. The Corexit just sunk the oil far below the surface so it has time to reappear wherever it will.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If these folks don't get serious about clean up efforts, they are going to be having claims from Mexico, Belize, and Central America, too.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I wonder how long it will be before it hits the west coast?
2nd..............

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At least the oil giants based in Houston dont have to look for oil anymore,the oil has come to them!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

With as magically as things are happening they could be on the west coast as soon as next week.
These tar balls swam against the current and got to Texas already!
And the Texas Coast Guard has magical ninja powaars and has already cleaned up all traces of said tar, oh and the tarballs were also taken to the magical texas super secret nciscsifbideacia crime lab and test identically for the deepwater horizon crude.
Good timing on getting those test results back.
Does anyone ask about the sunken ships in that area?
Ya know the ones that are chock full of gold?
But will magically never exist now.

(Edit)
Oh yeah, I smell a rat.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well that truly sucks. I knew it was only a matter of time, but it sucks. I remember going to the beach as a kid and finding tar balls in the sand, but I'm sure this is going to be much more worse and widespread. This sucks..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
...tar has been washing up on galveston, high island, san luis pass, surfside, quintana etc for as long as i can remember (over five decades)... i'd like to know what criteria was used to determine that these particular tar balls are from the horizon disaster...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Officials have not confirmed if what appeared to be large oil sheets or oil covered vegetation that washed up on Galveston’s west end last week were connected to the BP spill. The Coast Guard said it was likely that the west end findings were seaweed.

www.galvnews.com...

Really, seaweed? What a joke.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Tar Balls found in Texas shoreline

[edit on 5-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Video posted above states testing was done on the tar balls, and they are found to be from Deepwater Horizon.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And just think..even if they fixed the leak today, you've still got two months of gloop to look forward to.

Yay.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
At least the oil giants based in Houston dont have to look for oil anymore,the oil has come to them!

Yah, along with all the INNOCENT folks in between.

Is your name Dick by any chance?

Peace - not

[edit on 5-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There is a XBOX game where you can fight the oil spill.

www.cnn.com...#/video/tech/2010/07/05/nr.gulf.crisis.game.cnn

looks pretty silly

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm not certain if BP should feel relieved that the oil has hit an oil state,

OR . . .

nervous that the oil has finally reached the land of the free and home of the Smith & Wesson?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised in the least if they sent over a small crew armed with plastic Wal-Mart bags and shovels to scoop this crud up and dump it in a local landfill.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

And there I stood looking out at the world, upon it a black ocean and in the center an island supporting a pointless one world government for a dying world.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
JUSt the thought of all this oil leaking as we speak.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ge0089]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join