It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

108 Year Old Rabbi Predicts Arrival of Messiah

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo

I know at least five Jesus's in my bario alone. One of them is an accomplished car thief.

There is also Jesus the Bush Trimmer. He might be The One®.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

dOn't they say deceased rabbi schneerson definitely IS the messiah?

it is so liberating to be rid of organized traditional religion...even one less thing to worry about is such a huge relief.

disclaimer: religion is NOT equal to ethics and/or morality

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How long after his death? An hour, two hours, a day, a week, 50 years?

No, I think this is just another prophecy made in the hopes that it will be true. Funnily enough if there is a Messiah, it probably will arrive after this guys death.

Even if it is 100 years later.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

All prophesy was fulfilled as scriptures teach. You need to all ask yourselves a question, when did Jesus tell you he was returning. HE DIDN'T

He spoke to a past generation and taught them what they needed to know. THEY understood what he was talking about.

Jesus said he came not to destroy this world but to save those that are lost. This is a world with out end. WE were given salvation something they didn't have. YOU ARE A BLIND FOOL.

A new Heaven and Earth was made in a spiritual sense it wasn't something visual to see. His sheep hear his voice but you and so many like you have put your faith in others, FOR THIS YOU AND THE REST OF THE RETURN OF JESUS SAGA PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BLINDED FROM THE TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Why are you directing your post to me? I didn't make the prediction. It's a prediction made by a dead Rabbi posted in the Predicitions and Prophecies forum. It's here to inform, entertain or irritate depending on your beliefs. Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Your the one who posted it that shows where your head is also stuck in the sand.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Originally posted by Katie
reply to post by darkelf

Your the one who posted it that shows where your head is also stuck in the sand.

FYI: I don't believe or support every link I post on this site. I am simply disseminating information. So no, my head is not stuck in the sand, it's stuck in the internet in search of information. Get off your high horse and attack the information, not the poster.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

You do realise that the word "ELVIS" can be rearranged to spell "LIVES" FREAKEY!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Originally posted by discolo
reply to post by Baloney

You do realise that the word "ELVIS" can be rearranged to spell "LIVES" FREAKEY!!

Good one!

It can also be rearranged to spell EVILS!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

All prophesy was fulfilled as scriptures teach.

Jesus clearly fulfilled the Old Testament prophecy. We can see a fantastic example of this in his own words. He plainly states that he was fulfilling prophecy.

The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."
Luke 4:17-30

Now however you must go back and read the scripture he was quoting.

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
Isaiah 61:1-2

If you notice, Jesus didn't finish the scripture. He left out the part "and the day of vengeance of our God". Not because that wasn't going to happen, but because that part of the scripture wasn't being fulfilled that day. This was going to be fulfilled in the future. If Jesus fulfilled the first part of the scripture, why would we assume that he wouldn't finish the rest at some point in the future when he returned?

At any rate none of this (your opinion) is an argument against what the Rabbi predicted. Simply stating your opinion doesn't make it fact. He clearly seemed to indicate that Yeshua (Joshua, Jesus, or literally "The Salvation of God") was the name of the Messiah. As far as the prophesied second coming you can read about that from many of the Old Testament prophets such as Isaiah, Joel, Daniel, David, etc. There is not shortage of scripture to indicate that the second coming is not supported. All Jewish scholars see this plainly. What they missed was the first coming. That is what was hidden to them. The second coming however is as obvious as the sun rise to the rabbis.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ah

rabbi kaduri

a famous kabbalist

i think its laughable that the religious jews (charedim) quitely whisked this one under the table and arent realy talking about it

but at the same time

maybe it isnt the right code

also the name jesus in hebrew
yeshua or something

it could have differnet meanings you know

it doesnt have to be jesus christ the christian guy

but do not discount this rabbi he is well know, has more experience than youll get in a thousand life times and is well respected in christian, jewish AND other religious worlds.. if ANY rabbi knows his stuff, its him

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by darkelf

All prophesy was fulfilled as scriptures teach. You need to all ask yourselves a question, when did Jesus tell you he was returning. HE DIDN'T

He spoke to a past generation and taught them what they needed to know. THEY understood what he was talking about.

Jesus said he came not to destroy this world but to save those that are lost. This is a world with out end. WE were given salvation something they didn't have. YOU ARE A BLIND FOOL.

A new Heaven and Earth was made in a spiritual sense it wasn't something visual to see. His sheep hear his voice but you and so many like you have put your faith in others, FOR THIS YOU AND THE REST OF THE RETURN OF JESUS SAGA PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BLINDED FROM THE TRUTH.

A world without end?

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

2Pe3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as the were from the beginning of creation.

What is his voice saying right now?

He came not destroy the world? He came to save that which was lost?

Luke 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth: and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Luke 12:50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you Nay, but rather division:

"In the day you eat of it, you shall not die, but your eyes will be opened and you will be as Elohim, knowing of Good and evil."

"As the serpent was lifted in the wilderness, so to must the "son" of man be exalted"

Same serpent pay attention...."Behold I am the first and last, the beginning and the end"...

Why does Jesus say to the thief, "Today you shall be with me in paradise" while being nailed to the center cross of Cairo?

"Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are....."

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey folks, there is no need to subscribe to fatalism.

Prophecies no doubt are events witnessed by the blessed, but are only events that will played out if certain situations UNCHANGED will eventually leads to it being fulfilled. Thus prophecies CAN be averted.

For those familiar with the old testament historical record of Sodom and Gomorrah, it had been written not to frightened mankind, but is one of hope on how much our Almighty loves us - his creations, and was even willing to spare those 2 barbaric nations if even 1 good man could be found.

Many a times throughout our recorded civilisation, mankind had continually sinned, hurt and harmed fellow humans and had disappointed our Creator throughly, with the victims' cries wailing through His ears constantly.

He could have wiped us all out with one stroke, with no remorse and guilt, for we had been given free will to get on with our lives and had only abused it, YET for centuries, He did not, for throughout our civilisation, there had been some good men who stood up for humanity and turned the tide from assured amargeddon.

Ancient prophecies had thus been delayed time and time again, because our Creator, the One we all of different faiths had been praying to, loves us and hopes fervantly we will not disappoint Him.

Today, we had seen the effects of a few evil men who had doomed mankind by their greed, and many who had suffered are only wishing for the end of it all. But this is selfish, for there are many more innocents amongst us who deserves love and life, espacially our young.

The rich and powerful know their time had run out and will brash it out by killing and culling on a hope they may survive or a gottermederung for all. They will not escape divine wrath and vengence belongs to the Almighty, but they too are humans deserving of chance if they would change.

I am heartened by this site alone that had many good men and women, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindu, Free thinkers, etc, who were willing to stand by humanity as ONE human race and help change the world for better, in proclamination and in writing. And it will be once again be these good people who may avert prophecies of doom still.

There are critical issues that doom mankind presently. They are:-

1. Greed. Redistribution of wealth MUST come or eventually mankind will come to blows, one way or another, against the rich and powerful or against brothers in duped wars.

Working adults need no charity or loose pocket change from the rich, but proper social developement so that employer and employee may prosper together. We work to live and must never live to work.

Even though we are biological robots, we were not intended to purely work with our special gift of life and love from our Creator.

2. War in Iran must not be allowed to happen at ALL cost. For the conflict will lead to a global theatre of terrorized unstoppable war till no humans will be left. It will be far far worse than the simple adventure of dealing with normadic herdsman in Afghanistan and pliant poor Iraqis whom even their Muslim brothers hated.

3. Technology. While mankind is intelligent enough to create tech wonders, we still lack the maturity, responsibility and espacially wisdom to control and handle them. Machines are meant to serve humans, not humans serve or destroyed by machines. Thus we must ensure reviews and roll back safety features in the event devices fail humanity.

4. Charity. There willl be some unfortunates left behind as we a society progresses, and must never igore or despise them, but give them a lift up as a brother would do to another.

The Samaritan principle must always apply, regardless if they are from our own country or not but within our borders. Laws are but guidelines, and not cast in stone. We are humans, not mechanical beings ruled by lines of fixed computer codes.

The Messiah will come in the end as prophecised. But it need not be now, as we still have good persons living amongst us whom can still avert tragedy if we but try.

Many presume they will be chosen to live, but nobody knows for there is no ledger that can proves that. Even if we are willing to just end it all, think of the many innocents espacially the young, will have to die as well. They dont deserve such fate.

I am a nobody and insignificant, but I hope you the reader may give me a chance to consider the merits of my post or the lack of it, and act accordingly, with your family, relatives, friends and elected representative.

Thanks.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As a believer, this prediction does not suprise me at all. When I read this post, I immediately thought of this...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This image says a lot imo.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by Korg Trinity

I'm at work and can't stop lauhing...LOL..."wait...my people...you must not _eat the potatoes_... they are alive!" *croak* haha

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eli2012
ah

rabbi kaduri

a famous kabbalist

i think its laughable that the religious jews (charedim) quitely whisked this one under the table and arent realy talking about it

but at the same time

maybe it isnt the right code

also the name jesus in hebrew
yeshua or something

it could have differnet meanings you know

it doesnt have to be jesus christ the christian guy

but do not discount this rabbi he is well know, has more experience than youll get in a thousand life times and is well respected in christian, jewish AND other religious worlds.. if ANY rabbi knows his stuff, its him

I guess what continues to amaze me about stories such as this is the one fundamental thread that flows through all of them: an obsession with the personal identity of the person.

There are Prophecies that Elijah will return; there are Prophecies that Jesus will return; and there are predictions that the 'Mahdi' will return. But it appears that there is never any serious discussion whatsoever of the 'mechanism' of the 'return' or any Doctrine in the Revelations which makes a return even possible.

Unless and until there is any serious discussion of a Doctrine in the Revelations which makes any 'return' possible--as long as the focus is entirely on the purported identity of the person--I have very little interest.

Other than that, merely to say that the name of the 'M'essiah is the Hebrew word for Jesus really does not give that much information.

Muslims say that Jesus was the messiah; but they certainly do not mean by that what the Christians mean when they say that Jesus was the 'M'essiah.

So, it is not necessarily the case that the rabbi was accepting anything of the Christian theologians. He may very well have meant what he said in the same way that the Muslims believe and as is stated in the Koran.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Erad3

what are you talking about? of course the bible had WRITERS; that's not the problem, it is a question of authenticity and whether they were divinely inspired.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
You know before I die I'm going to say something really out there just to make people think like..

"just one thing you need to know... Don't eat the potatoes errr...." Died...

Just my sense of humour... just think people will be thinking about that one for years to come... What ever did it mean??

ha ha - reminds me of the scene in Ocean's Eleven, when Brad Pitt's character is prepping Matt Damon's for his performance as an inspector from the gaming commission:

Don't use three words when one will do, don't shift your eyes, look always at your mark but don't stare, be specific but not memorable, funny but don't make him laugh, he's gotta like you then forget you the moment you've left his sight, and for God's sakes whatever you do, don't under any circumstances...

[Pitt gets interrupted and called into the other room, unexpectedly, leaving a bewildered Matt Damon, wondering what the Ef that important nugget was... ]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You have to have had a vision in order to transend the experience into words.
Experiences like this are sometimes indifferent in using words. Jesus will always be true to being Jesus. You could be Jesus and not even realize your Jesus. Something has to take place within the gifted one, an awakening an anointing.

But the second coming of Jesus will be patient waiting. and spill the seeds that will find the convergance for the covenant, religion is not entitlement only the bearer's of the fruit will know the faith

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join