It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants really were really giants.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Okay so you edited in a source talking about Caligula after the second time I asked for a source. It however, mentions nothing about him being a "giant". (The topic of your thread btw)
It only says what I already basically knew about him. Insanity, corruption, etc. No mention of him being 10 feet tall at death. Nor that he would have somehow continued growing throughout his life to the height of 15 feet --as you said.

So....

[edit on 5/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Could you provide a source about the emperors of Rome being "giants"??
Although I realize Caligula didn't look like Malcolm McDowell
, I don't think he was over 8 feet tall...

It might surprise you just how big men are sometimes. His real aristocratic name was "Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus" but "Caligula" means "little boots" and is a joke name which he recieved as a child. Obviously as a child he was a kid like any other and accompanied his father into battles in Germany wearing his miniture uniform. However, as he grew to his full manly size, the gigantic size of his army boots became his main feature. Because of their exceptionally large size they had to be made to measure. He grew to hate the nickname "Caligula" for that reason, but it was not possible for him to shake it off. I said he was no less than eight foot tall. In fact he was nearer to ten feet tall actually. If he had lived to a normal old age he would have grown to be about fifteen foot tall. However, he and his chlidren fell victim to vilification and murder due to the horrific paranoid and psychopathic political back stabing culture [alcoholism] in the City of Rome. He only occupied the Throne of the Emperor for a mere four years. He died a young man. Think how much he would have grown in stature if he had been allowed to live a normal life span ? Even still historian write negatively about "Caligula" perhaps not fully comprehending that he and his family were victim of a hate campaign that eventually resulted in the genocide of his liniage. Hollywood actors are just not in the same category and fail to play the part. Although I was impressed by the actoress Elizabeth Taylor when she played the part of Queen Cleopatra in the move of that name. A classic. Richard Burton will be remembered for his especially good acting as General Mark Antony. Do these historical facts surprise you ? What we are showing you is that through out history there have been some really huge men. For the in depth information about Caligula you are advised to look it up on Wikipedia Encyclopedia. For your comfort and ease I insert a hyperlink.

> Little Boots <

[edit on 5/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

Just figured I would copy this since you keep editing and changing your "facts"--making responses to it sound from left field. I didn't catch the first two or three versions of it, but at least I copied this one.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Regardless, there is NO evidence that Roman emperors were giants. That bit of unusual information would have made it into written history I am sure.
Also how does your monologue on movies like "Cleopatra" or "Caligula" have anything to do with your topic of giants??
The nudity of Elizabeth Taylor, or lack of, has nothing to do with proving anything about giants.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

As a archaeologist at the time if my visit, I did very much go off the tourist trail, again there is no evidence of a Giant dwelling, the place was not levelled, but abandoned....and then lost.

Many Structures are still very much in place.

The "term" Giant doesn't not translate to a 'tall Gigantic person'.....it can also translate to "powerful" "Beautiful" "Wise" etc.

The image of the giant is photoshopped, please discount it totally from your research, as it is unequivocally not a find.

So what are the satellite pictures provided by GOOGLE EARTH showing us then ? Go to the page one of my thread and the pictures are there for you. Do not try to tell me that the pictures are showing nothing of significance. I am not such an uneducated fool as you might try to suggest ? I can see that the establishment is covering up to hide something. Why are certain persons trying to pretend that the giant skeletons and skulls are of "Mammoths" and "Masterdons". I think we are going to have to resist such lies. Obviously despite their gigantic size nevertheless the skulls are human. As an archeologist [part of the establishment] are you worried that you might loose your pay packet if you start to publish the facts as they really are ? Are you free to express your real mind or are you a slave trapped in the system. I do not mean to offend, but my interest is that we want to know the truth. The image that you refuse to accept as real was from the GOVERNMENT OF INDIA which is an authority I respect even if you do not. Your interpretation of the greek word "Gigantes" which was used to translate from the Hebrew [aramaic] "Nephilim" when writing the King James Bible "Giant" is meaning persons of gigantic physical size. Such giants existed and still exist. It is just interesting that you seem to be unaware of the existance of such things. Which is why I am making it my job today, to create this thread, so as to be an education on the subject. Obviously if you're convinced that giants never existed then why do you bother to read my thread ? Archeologically speaking the Bible has proven time and time again as being a very accurate history book. Thus if the Bible writes about the longevity and gigantic size of the "men of renown" then I think we should take that as a record of real men who really did exist. My suspicion is that the real reason why the "establishment" are pretending that the giant skeletons and huge skulls are not real is because...

*MOD EDIT: AGAIN - KNOCK OFF THE JEWISH RANT
[edit on 6/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by alien]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I am no longer in the field.

This "establishment" theory is silly and childish and just presented by those who have had their charlatan theories (that make the authors millions of dollars) exposed by scholars.
Now The Google images I saw, and still have no idea what you are talking about.
Where is the evidence for GIANTS?
You have given no scale measurements. And the last photo is dried river beds....? WHat exactly do you think you are seeing in each photo? What kinds of dwellings?

The site itself would have remains of Giants, and or at least some of the pottery etc.....Which it doesn't. Basing a assumption of Google earth is not research.

Certainly there are individuals and family groups displaying Gigantism, but not a whole race, and simply, unless you have evidence other than satellite photos and a genesis propaganda video, this thread is officially boring me. Had there been a actual find, I would be genuinely interested and excited.
Edit typos

[edit on 6-7-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

he Rose City. PETRA were a City of Giants. The houses must have been massive constructions towering into the sky.

I will look at posting you my photos of Petra, the Rose city, where this statement is totally and completely debunked.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I guess my posting the proof the original photos came from Cornell got me put on ignore.

Way to make your case!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Are you science ?

What does that even mean? Are you math? Or are you astronomy?

Are you serious? That is my question.

You started a thread about giants being real. Part of your "proof" is a known hoax. Another part of your "proof" is a few Google Earth shots.
The rest? Unproven statements without sources that nobody is supposed to question, apparently. And just plain off topic tangents. Or threats.

Come on. Really, I mean it...Are you serious??

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I guess my posting the proof the original photos came from Cornell got me put on ignore.

Way to make your case!

Some people are just downright rude. From the outset she's been nothing but agressive and rude. No other way to describe her attitude.

Why? Because evidence was posted that her video included photoshopped images.

We've been accused of internet terrorism, put on ignore, and threatened with police action. The reason for this? We dared to question her doctored photos and lack of evidence.

I wasn't going to post in here again but that last post took the biscuit. Police action for questioning her beliefs?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

This "establishment" theory is silly and childish and just presented by those who have had their charlatan theories (that make the authors millions of dollars) exposed by scholars.
You have given no scale measurements. And the last photo is dried river beds....? WHat exactly do you think you are seeing in each photo? What kinds of dwellings?

The site itself would have remains of Giants, and or at least some of the pottery etc.....Which it doesn't. Basing a assumption of Google earth is not research.

Certainly there are individuals and family groups displaying Gigantism, but not a whole race, and simply, unless you have evidence other than satellite photos and a genesis propaganda video, this thread is officially boring me. Had there been a actual find, I would be genuinely interested and excited.
Edit typos

Thankyou for insulting my intelligence. You trying to make out that I am "silly and childish" is not you approaching the subject very scientifically is it. If you have nothing serious of real scientific nature to say on the subject then why bother to read my thread ? Obviously I am convinced on the subject which is why I am writing this thread. You will be free to think that I am "silly and childish" but I differ in opinion. I am pretty certain that you will change your attitude as soon as they put it in your contract that "giants were real" then thats when your attitude might change complextion ? As a final note to you in particular is this. If you're so convinced that the image is a "photoshop job" [and we all know about such possibilities] then surely you should be able to scientifically foresically prove that fact ? Lets see your detailed photo analysis. However, no one absolutely not even one of you sceptics ever come forward with such detailed forensic exposure. The images are real. That is my scientific opinion as a qualified professional artist with a Batchelors Degree in Fine Art. Why would the GOVERNMENT OF INDIA [source of the original image] embarrass themselves by publishing images made using photoshop ? Get real.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Edit typos

Thankyou for insulting my intelligence. You trying to make out that I am "silly and childish" is not you approaching the subject very scientifically is it. If you have nothing serious of real scientific nature to say on the subject then why bother to read my thread ? Obviously I am convinced on the subject which is why I am writing this thread. You will be free to think that I am "silly and childish" but I differ in opinion. I am pretty certain that you will change your attitude as soon as they put it in your contract that "giants were real". Money is everything to the Jewish. As a final note to you in particular is this. If you're so convinced that the image is a "photoshop job" [and we all know about such possibilities] then surely you should be able to scientifically foresically prove that fact ? Lets see your detailed photo analysis. However, no one absolutely not even one of you sceptics ever come forward with such detailed forensic exposure. The images are real. That is my scientific opinion as a qualified professional artist with a Batchelors Degree in Fine Art.

Forensic evidence isn't needed. We've OBJECTIVELY PROVEN the image was created for a Photoshop forum competition. One member even went as far as to find the original undoctored photograph to show this.

Science is not needed. Only a functional brain and a bit of logic.

And I severely doubt you're a qualified professional artist. Your avatar is amateur at best. Looks like an MS Paint job if I'm honest.

If you want to also took about police action, racist comments such as "Money is everything to the Jewish" are punishable by law. I'm pretty sure the Forum TOS prohibits any sort of racism too.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The images are real. That is my scientific opinion as a qualified professional artist with a Batchelors Degree in Fine Art. Why would the GOVERNMENT OF INDIA [source of the original image] embarrass themselves by publishing images made using photoshop ? Get real.

Have you not been looking at the links that have been given in this thread?? Those pictures are proven hoaxes.
This has been given before, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in, so here you go again:

Giant Skeleton Hoax -- Hoax Slayer

Perhaps you should actually read the link this time.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

Thankyou HEAVENLYDIVINE for understanding how difficult it is for me today. Usually I try to avoid these controversial subjects, because I suffer nerves, and I am shaking now, but I intend to soldier on, because if the Bible LORD is just a big man, and now no more than a dead skeleton, even a big skeleton, then what does that say about the LORD the God of Abraham ? I am not anti semitic. I know a lot of nice semitic persons. It is not a matter of race. This is about discovering the TRUE GOD the HOLY SPIRIT that establishment [theologically Jewish] religions are ignoring. I also emphasis that I am not trying to deny that the WW2 holocaust took place in Germany.

*MOD EDIT: UNCALLED FOR JEWISH RANT REMOVED - STICK TO YOUR TOPIC*[edit on 6-7-2010 by alien]

Well I must stop now. But later I will come back to see if there have been any worthy contributions to the thread. Bye Bye.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by alien]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD SPEECH

Hi People,

Just a polite request to:

- Keep it on-topic please
- Leave out the snarky side-jabs please
- Lets just also cease on the generalised broad-brush-stroke comments regarding entire cultures/peoples as well please.

Cheers,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think there were giants.
a lot of the images of them around the internet are photoshopped

worth 1000 photoshop contest
effects.worth1000.com...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Jeez...what stupid thread based on an obviously photo shopped pic...

The photograph is NOT from the Govt of India and I am an Indian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join