It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking USDA Report! Food Shortages: Wall Street 'Caught Off Guard' by Severity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambient moon
I have noticed that the price of groceries are on the rise. It's time for me to start preparing for a food shortage, and I try to keep my house stock up full of food. I live out in the country on a few acres, and am starting to plant a vegetable garden, and a small vineyard. I can purchase organic beef from my neighbors if I needed to. I am also learning how to can my own produce.

Good idea
. I've got a good stock of dry goods and canned food already. Plus a garden, and a natural spring on my property. No animals though, but I see rabbits, deer, and squirrel in my yard all the time. I'm in the country so free range goods is no biggie. Also stock up on GOOD seeds. Don't wanna cut corners on them so you can eat next year too (and beyond). I have wild raspberry and blackberry bushes all over the place and have planted blueberries and strawberries as well.
I tend to keep a stock anyhow as the winters are getting a bit worse these days in the NE.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Given the amount of corn that is actually completely unfit for human consumption, and is grown specifically for several reasons other than directly as food, this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Real reasons for growing corn:

1) Massive Farm Subsidies
2) Because I'm in debt to Monsanto Corporation
3) Ethanol Production for "Green" Fuel
4) Feed for high density fowl sheds and cattle lots
5) High Fructose Corn Syrup (The BIG One!)

It's true that if EVERY American were to eat their FDA recommended servings of fruit and vegetables, there would not be enough to go around, so they HAVE to promote junk and fast food to make sure that there is enough healthy stuff for the people that want to eat it.

High Fructose Corn Syrup adds a high calorie, low nutrition substitute for real food into the food chain, and is contained in nearly EVERY food product that's not in the fresh produce aisle of your grocery store.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Just know what you are doing, the market is rigged as you full well must know, and I urge you to research this thread if you doubt that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

December corn, which prices this year's crop, closed at $3.73 per bushel Wednesday after dipping below $3.35 per bushel earlier this week. The cash value of the anticipated Iowa corn crop this year rose by about $725 million in a day.
Source

One must wonder what MSM Paul Krugman is signaling when he states this: The Third Depression

And who will pay the price for this triumph of orthodoxy? The answer is, tens of millions of unemployed workers, many of whom will go jobless for years, and some of whom will never work again.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.”

www.infowars.com...
(You can be sure this benefits Monsanto.)

More here:
www.opencongress.org...

So,just because you think you can get away with growing your own food,don't count on it!

There are also anti-hoarding laws. They may vary by state,but in the event of a "national emergency",the authorities can round up all of your hard-earned surplus.

(I can't help but see how this all fits in with the time of Tribulation.)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

let me introduce you to one of my threads:

GM Crops and the Coming Famine

take anecdotes such as

Scientists call for GM review after surge in pests around cotton farms in China

and you'll understand what is going on. scarcity means higher profit margins along with fewer management issues. Biofuel programs must be shut down immediately and the seed supply returned to the farmers , on a local level for ruggedness and reliability. seed banks that exclusively sold GM varieties to create dependence must be prosecuted and don't get me started on monsanto...

today there might still be enough crops to go around, but once they have been turned into alcohol it will be over.

edit: these varieties aren't cleared for human consumption but i guess with antidotes and other countermeasures eating them would beat starving by a long shot.

[edit on 2010.7.4 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

More on what they are attempting to do with S.510

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You think thats bad wait another 15years.

15?
Try 3 years! Without food for three days the USA alone would collapse.

If this thread has even 10% proof to it (not that I'm doubting it, just saying) then this is truly the beginning of the end, and it's going to come a LOT faster than anyone thinks...

Or, its an elaborate hoax to get people to buy freeze dried food stuffs and gardening seeds from the Genesis Communications Network and such.

But I doubt that too... Almost.

peace

EDIT: html

[edit on 4-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They say were 9 missed meals away from anarchy, 3 days. Your local grocery store has around a 3 day supply of food under normal shopping conditions.

6 billion plus mouths to feed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Monsanto agenda is to control the world food supply, just like the Rothschild agenda is to control the world money supply. We let ourselves get into a sticky mess eh?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Clearly, we're going to have to resort to eating people. But not just any people. If this truly does play out I propose that we make it morally legal to eat Monsanto executives, lawyers, politicians and bankers. All in favor?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by jtma508]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Aye !!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Much of the wheat and barley crops are down across the prairies of Canada. Prices are expected to rise next year because of this.

There is this article that states:

"As a major food producer, Canada will doubtless play a key role in any crisis involving the global food supply.

www.cbc.ca...

and then there is this story:

"In total, between 8.25 million and 12.5 million acres of farmland will go unseeded across the Prairies. The CWB is projecting the western Canadian seeded area for all wheat at 19.15 million acres, the smallest area since 1971 and an 18 per cent reduction from 2009-10. The area seeded to durum is expected to be 3.4 million acres, the smallest area since 1980 and down 39 per cent from 2009-10. The barley crop is looking at its lowest acreage since 1965. About 6.6 million acres of barley will be seeded, down 20 per cent from last year.

www.cwb.ca...

It has barely stopped raining here, fields are flooded all over the place. Even many home gardens, everyone here seems to have one, they are being grown in pots and containers this year. It is unbelievably wet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
word is australias crops will suffer a plague of locusts.
heres one of my amazing predictions-more oil in the gulf
more hurricanes-toxic rains across the eastern usa.
oil will follow the currents and continue up the east coast.
affecting our food supply. but rest assured-
wall street will figure a way to cash in on human misery.
better start thinking about water shortages too.
make the world a better place-plant a monsanto agent.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for that, but there's something strange about that data.

According to that, the price of wheat is now more or less the same it was back in 2006/2007, and the price has been dropping since November 2009. That makes me think that this may be (at least partially) exaggerated, and that the scarcity is not as bad as they say, but by saying it they can raise prices.

Another thing I noticed was that, although I remember that 2008 crisis, Portugal was not affected by the rice crisis because we produce almost all the rice we consume, but we import wheat, and the price of wheat-made products was not affected, so, for Portugal, it looks like it was a short and not very high price rise.

I also noticed that that site does not show any values (at least in the products I searched) from EU countries, and I find that strange, considering that the EU is a large producer and consumer of agricultural products.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

You think thats bad wait another 15years.

15?
Try 3 years! Without food for three days the USA alone would collapse.

If this thread has even 10% proof to it (not that I'm doubting it, just saying) then this is truly the beginning of the end, and it's going to come a LOT faster than anyone thinks...

Or, its an elaborate hoax to get people to buy freeze dried food stuffs and gardening seeds from the Genesis Communications Network and such.

But I doubt that too... Almost.

peace

EDIT: html

[edit on 4-7-2010 by silo13]

It's quite possible. I had read articles a good while back about how Monsanto was buying up the small independent heirloom seed companies and depleting their stock. Remember the giant seed vault they just completed in Svalbard Norway? They were quickly trying to fill it up. Perhaps they knew something?
About that same time I read a few articles about how the govt was actually stockpiling can foods and dry goods. I found a link to a good article (linked to the WND site) that discusses the govt buying up supplies. It's a tad outdated (July 2008) but it's still going on.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Clearly, we're going to have to resort to eating people. But not just any people. If this truly does play out I propose that we make it morally legal to eat Monsanto executives, lawyers, politicians and bankers. All in favor?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by jtma508]

Possibly. them office fairies are soft meat and they are GMO without a backbone

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

He He I'm for that! Save your supplies and eat those guys first. Get the grill out, and dont forget to make some jerky so we can give some to those who missed out on the feast.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Not that they are nutritious, they will just give us something to chew until the next guy is caught.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by OuttaTime

Not that they are nutritious, they will just give us something to chew until the next guy is caught.

Quite right. They'll keep us going until we can find the fat cats with too much meat on their financial infrastructure, but then again I could use one of them anemic banker types to cut my grass and paint my house

He can sleep in the shed and I'll pay him $5 a week. I promise!!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Thanks for posting your thread here, everyone should read it!

Stockpiles Fall faster than Expected

The USDA report showed U.S. corn stocks as of June 1 were 4.31 billion bushels – well below analysts’ estimates of 4.613 billion bushels. In addition, the government reduced it’s 2010 estimate for U.S. planted acreage to 87.872 million acres. Average analysts estimates were for 89.302 million acres.

To those not familiar with the corn market, these numbers are significant and they caught the trade off guard. Corn prices rallied sharply because less beginning stocks and less acres means less corn in the bins when harvest is over in the fall.
www.futuresmag.com...

As the world’s leading corn producer, changes to the US outlook have repercussions for global food prices. The US grows more than half the world’s exports of corn, used in products from animal feed to motor fuel.

The agriculture department also said in the quarter ended in May that corn stockpiled in silos and elevators shrank at a rate 26 per cent faster than the same period last year. This left stores surprisingly low and reflected growing consumption, a trend partly fuelled by rising US ethanol output.
www.ft.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by burntheships]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join