It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer drug was infected with HIV and knowingly sold

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Bayer and some governments were held accountable, sort of.

Bayer Says It Settled Decades-Old HIV-Tainted Blood Cases

Bayer says it has entered into a settlement with “the vast majority” of plaintiffs in a decades-old piece of litigation brought by hemophiliacs who were infected with HIV-tainted blood transfusions in the 1980s.

I guess they admitted it and have paid a lot of money for no apparent reason since our resident HIV expert says it is all bunk.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I believe this happened in 2006.
Actually, it happened about 20 years before that... ~1984-85. Where are you seeing that this was a more recent event?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

The MSNBC segment that the OP got the story from aired in 2003 I believe. That's probably where the misconception about dates came from.

edit to add for interest's sake:

Here's a link to the May 22, 2003 New York Times article that exposed Cutter (a subsidiary of Bayer) for selling the untreated Factor VIII overseas in the mid-80s, with a lot of detail about the situation in Hong Kong. This was the article that inspired MSNBC to do the segment on Bayer as "featured rat" in the video in the OP. It has a lot more information than the video, and a lot less overwrought righteous indignation.

2 Paths of Bayer Drug in 80s: Riskier One Steered Overseas

[edit on 7/5/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Indeed, excellent article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This has been well known for years. Even Bayer (supposedly) settled with everyone over the tainted drug.

How any can ignorantly deny this happened goes beyond belief. That is like denying the sun rises and sets. It is like denying gravity. Some people seriously need to get a grip on life. Not everything is a “conspiracy” it is a proven fact.

I can only guess that those who say this is a hoax are willfully remaining ignorant or are lying.

Raist

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

I haven't heard of that one and I am a new member here so I don't know how to
use this site very well. However, I want to ask you if you've ever heard about when Clinton was Governor of Arkansas, he took (not personally of course) but had others collect blood from guys in prison and sold it to Canada. If eventually was found out to contain HIV/AIDS. This was hushed up by the media of course.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Was this article in the New York Times BS?

A division of the pharmaceutical company Bayer sold millions of dollars of blood-clotting medicine for hemophiliacs -- medicine that carried a high risk of transmitting AIDS -- to Asia and Latin America in the mid-1980's while selling a new, safer product in the West, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.

The Bayer unit, Cutter Biological, introduced its safer medicine in late February 1984 as evidence mounted that the earlier version was infecting hemophiliacs with H.I.V. Yet for over a year, the company continued to sell the old medicine overseas, prompting a United States regulator to accuse Cutter of breaking its promise to stop selling the product.

By continuing to sell the old version of the life-saving medicine, the records show, Cutter officials were trying to avoid being stuck with large stores of a product that was proving increasingly unmarketable in the United States and Europe.

Yet even after it began selling the new product, the company kept making the old medicine for several months more. A telex from Cutter to a distributor suggests one reason behind that decision, too: the company had several fixed-price contracts and believed that the old product would be cheaper to produce.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I would really be interested if you have any more on how Clinton was involved in that type of deal because it is pretty much the same thing that happened here. The blood was mostly collected from less desirable donors such as prison inmates. Anything you have could be interesting.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes, I realize that now but it won't let me edit the first post. The interview was done in 2003 or 2006 which is why I thought that is when it happened.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
reply to post by pjslug

I haven't heard of that one and I am a new member here so I don't know how to
use this site very well. However, I want to ask you if you've ever heard about when Clinton was Governor of Arkansas, he took (not personally of course) but had others collect blood from guys in prison and sold it to Canada. If eventually was found out to contain HIV/AIDS. This was hushed up by the media of course.

Can't say I have, but any information you can find on it would certainly be welcome in this thread!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

www.prorev.com...

www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net...

findarticles.com...

I recall the bill Clinton blood sold to Canada thing. Above are a few links regarding the topic.

Raist

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So please tell me if this is real or a hoax? I click on these threads to find out information that is supposed to be real and so now it's not or what?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gems1
So please tell me if this is real or a hoax? I click on these threads to find out information that is supposed to be real and so now it's not or what?

Please read through the thread. Every link to every legitimate story on this you could want has been provided. This has been confirmed, admitted, and is very much true. Bayer has settled to pay restitution so anyone claiming this is a hoax needs to explain why they did that. I promise, if you just read through there is more than enough proof.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gems1

As K J Gunderson says, absolutely real.

With one caveat. When the thread was first posted, the OP didn't realize that the MSNBC clip was describing events that had happened 20 years earlier, so estimated that this happened around 2006. This part is not true (see further up this page for more info and the OP's recognition of the error).

This really happened, there is real documentation, there have been real court cases and out-of-court settlements. But it happened in 1984-85, not in 2003 or 2006.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thought you all might like to know Brilab is now threatening me via PM because of this thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Contact a mod about it if it is a problem. They are helpful in that sort of thing, not that they are not helpful in other areas.

Edit to add: keep the pms so you can forward them to the mods as well.

Raist

[edit on 7/6/10 by Raist]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It wasn't any kind of physical threat. It did come out of nowhere though, since I didn't U2U him. Apparently he doesn't know about the ignore feature.

"As well, you are perfectly ingnorant and a pompous ass. Look forward to hearing from me in the futurer to tear you down. The game is on. I will analyze all your threads and become your worst nighmare.

Sleep well."

[edit on 7/6/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
It wasn't any kind of physical threat. It did come out of nowhere though, since I didn't U2U him. Apparently he doesn't know about the ignore feature.

"As well, you are perfectly ingnorant and a pompous ass. Look forward to hearing from me in the futurer to tear you down. The game is on. I will analyze all your threads and become your worst nighmare.

Sleep well."

[edit on 7/6/2010 by pjslug]

Mod report is effective for getting rid of these undesirables.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Not making excuses in any way shape or form but he has shared with me some of the circumstances that kind of make me understand. I am NOT trying to say anything is ok or excusable, just that I kind of see what is going on there. He says he is going to go calm down and relax and then, when he feels better, start a thread trying to express what he really wants to say about HIV and conspiracies. There is a clear disconnect between the FACT that this was the same tainted blood mechanism that killed Ryan White so maybe in his new thread, he will be in a better state to discuss with. Maybe he will come back and send nasty U2Us to people. I dunno.

I just thought I would share that I have had conversations and for some reason the fact that this medication was made from donated blood is just not clicking. Unfortunately, this thread shows that he is not the only one missing a click.

I feel for the person that said that they wanted to share this thread and the first hoax claim turned them away. I have tried to tell this story to people of my parents generation and friends and the response is always kind of a "Whatever, no one would let that happen for real." kind of thing.

Apparently many of us are conditioned to just dismiss certain types of horrors and maybe bri is a good example if when illness, medication, and that conditioning collide. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I do wish people would do some research before jumping in and crying hoax and criticising others based on no research of the facts.

Part of the reason why the cabal is getting away with so much of what it does is this belief that knee-jerk, strident opinions, without any real information on what informs both sides of an argument, are somehow valid because they are expressed loudly and accusingly.

The logic applied seems to be 'I don't believe it therefore it isn't true.'

Or worse - 'The media said it wasn't true therefore it isn't'.

I read recently that waking up to the truth of what's going on is like 'waking up in a terrible nightmare'.

The nightmare is like a Hollywood movie, only it's real life. They have used this 'art form' for their own sinister purposes very well. It creates a 'disconnect' in people. They've presented the truth in so many movies, to condition people to think that the truth is fiction.

As I see it we are in a situation where life is mirroring the 'dark art' ployed by the evil ones. The actors - ie. the cabal (have you noticed how that word 'actors' has crept into international vocabulary? Actors/stakeholders) play their roles in front of their mass media movie cameras, with their carefully written, fictitious scripts, and in that way present a fictitious reality worthy of any Hollywood film. The true situation goes on behind the media 'movie cameras' desperately hidden from the public eye.

The confused, stressed public, when faced with the truth, have only movie images in their mind as a point of reference. This works, because movies are fiction, right? And so, their mind control technique causes the desired 'disconnect' and they roll forward with their agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join