It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow Attempts to Debunk "It's Raining Oil"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Could be sap as well. Are there any trees near where she parks? You can park a car under a willow tree for example and it will take an act of congress to get that crap off your glass.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The American Zombie here says it's not raining oil...

I now completely agree with Kevin Allman that Arriana Huffington is satan's handmaiden.

Raining Oil In Louisiana?

I am in River Ridge right now....it is not...in any way shape or form...raining oil. Jim Bob may have a busted oil pan in his pick-up truck,
but I can assure you it is not raining oil.

I tried to comment on this story three times to allay people's knee-jerk, chicken little, freak outs and the HuffPo editors censored all three of my comments....no profanity in any of them. I guess they think it's funny to get people all freaked out and spread stupid rumors around the country that it's raining oil and toxic dispersant in New Orleans. Thanks Huffington Post...you guys rock! That does wonders for our tourism business.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
oil can get airborn(mist) and when you breath oil you die.

hurricanes and gulf oil = big trouble!!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Vrils r cool]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sap seems more logical. Pollen, too.

Rachael Maddow has her head on straight and a healthy sense of humor. She gave you the science based facts on oil "evaporation" and where her documentation came from. She didn't fall off a turnip truck, and I am sure she would not make a fool of herself with information that could not be substantiated.

I have seen quite a few of her newscasts and she shoots from the hip. I think she tells it like it is.

As for the other questions from people...why didn't she go into detail on gasses, etc. This was simply addressing one silly rumor. It was not intended to be a detailed science class.

Good job, Rachael!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by robbinsj

Interesting. It seems to form in little globs whatever it is. And the fact that it was so hard to clean off is very strange. Thanks for the pictures!

Exactly what I was thinking, NP friend just glad I got that uploading site so now I can post up on ats!

Be safe fellow ATSers!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
No there are no trees around but either way pollen in this part of FL has been yellow for as long as I can rem. My car is black and it becomes very evedent when pollen is out on the top of my car. When this happened I was only able to notice it on the wind shield.

Once again I am not claiming it to be anything other than an odd substance that I have not seen on my window before. Furthermore my window had an odd oil rainbow residue when looking at an angle with the sun just right. could it be anything??? Absolutly! Was the timing for an odd substance on my window and the leaks hitting FL a coincidence ??? Sorry friend but I think nothing is a coincidence, but off corse that could just be the reason why I am a member here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Sap seems more logical. Pollen, too.

I agree it would seem more logical, but I live in the high desert and my dogs ALWAYS lie in sap and come in with big globs of sap stuck to their fur. Before I knew what I was doing, I tried Dawn dish soap to get it out. It did NOTHING, The best way to get sap out is an oily substance. I use peanut butter or mayonnaise.

robbinsj used dish soap to clean his/her windsheild, which is a great way to clean up oil. NOT sap.

It could have been pollen, but pollen wouldn't have smeared hopelessly like it did. It would have washed off with just water.

I'm keeping an open mind on this one. robbinsj, if it happens again, get a pic of the rainbow effect. Keep your window clean in the meantime. And put out some shallow dishes to catch rain.
I'm not saying it was oil, but I'm not saying it wasn't.

Rachael Maddow has her head on straight and a healthy sense of humor. She gave you the science based facts on oil "evaporation" and where her documentation came from.

I absolutely LOVE Rachel. She is one of the most factual reporters on TV, although she obviously leans left. She's not a sensationalist most of the time, but she's not perfect. She has been wrong.

This was simply addressing one silly rumor. It was not intended to be a detailed science class.

Exactly. She was addressing the one person who was obviously taping one small section of road, claiming, "It's raining oil"! What was on robbinsj's windshield is a bit of a mystery.

<< 1   >>

join