It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it with the rise of Antisemitism Today?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't think Antisemitism has been this popular in the Media since 1933-1945 Nazi Germany. I'm ashamed and think it's dispicable! I side with Israel against all Her Arab enemies who want Israel and the Jewish people living there dead.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Criticism of Israel isnt anti-semitism.

It has nothing to do with them being jews, its about the dishonest and criminal actions of the Israeli government.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Please define for us what you mean by anti-Semitism so that the discussion can proceed in a logical and orderly fashion

And why do you feel that it is "on the rise." Are there any facts or figures?

And which dead Jewish people are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm talking about the Middle East Arab nations wanting the death of Israel and the Israelis.(Look at the Palestinian childrens shows on Youtube and you see the beliefs that the Palestinians are teaching their Children.) All the Arab Nations pretty much back Hamas and Hamas backs what I'm saying.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by BigDaveJr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'd suggest you do a search on ATS about this topic and read some of the discussion threads to get some background on this issue, from both perspectives.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ok what you are talking about is not anti-semitism and has nothing to do with the media or a rise in antisemitism in the media. it's just tribe warfare, and one tribe (israel) were granted rights to a home base by some englishmen.

also, bigstarofdave, i think you should properly respond to brainwrek and answer all of ~lucidity's questions before you stake any more claims or opinions on the subject.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm just alarmed that today just about everything you read online and otherwise is anti-Israel(Openly siding with the Palestinians and denying Israel's right to exist) and seemingly antisemitic. I'm not for it but People have a right to say it,freedom of speech and all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

I'm just alarmed that today just about everything you read online and otherwise is anti-Israel(Openly siding with the Palestinians and denying Israel's right to exist) and seemingly antisemitic. I'm not for it but People have a right to say it,freedom of speech and all.

even in criticisms where palestine is not involved, people are stronly against the actions of the politics and government and governing behaviors of israel because they run their country like they are the mafia. they think they can pay everyone off, or kill the people who don't submit. this should make any clear headed person anti-the-actions-of-the-politics-and-government-and-governing-behaviors-of-israel as well, palestine not withstanding, NOT anti-semetic, NOR anti-israel.

you need to make a very clear headed and stoic distinction between the religion based anti-semitism, the difference between anti-israel and what is actually anti-zionist/gangsters/psychopaths with money and ultimate race cards.

sorry for all the edits.
[edit on 28-6-2010 by shagreen heart]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

Well, how many times do you expect people to take up for Israel? They've been at odds with someone for 2000 years. If there are 100 conflicts around the world, and 90 of them involve the same faction, then somewhere along the way you have to seriously consider that there is a good reason why.

Israel likes to play the victim card, and our history lessons in the western world tell us about all the crimes against humanity imposed on the Israeli people. The more you dig into the hard facts, the more you realize that they are the aggressors in most instances.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's not only Arab nations that have a problem with the creation of Israel , some Orthodox Jews believe that the state of Israel is an affront to their God , who decreed that they remain in Exile .

“All Jews do not support Israel,” said Rabbi Yisroel Weiss the Neturei Karta spokesman. “Some of us view it as terribly immoral. We see Zionism as a violation of the Creator’s decree that we remain in Exile.” Moreover, he continued, “Zionism has for over a century sought to strip the Palestinian people of their rights as a people and as individuals. There is no lasting solution to the terrible sufferings in the Middle East short of a peaceful dismantling of the state. “How many wars? How much killing? How many dead on both sides will it take until we have learnt the lesson that Zionism was a great tragedy for all men. “We ask those Jews, confused by Zionism, to examine the bloody record of the Israeli state. Has it helped or harmed Jewish - Gentile relations?”

As for the Arab nations then just read up on what successive Israeli governments have done in the name of Israel over the decades , not to mention the U.N resolutions they are in breach of .

www.nkusa.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My question would be, WHICH rise of anti-Semitism? There have been waves of anti-Jewish hatred for the past 2,000 years. Entire Jewish communities were slaughtered by the Crusaders en route to the "Holy Land."

If you study the history, there has never really be a fall of anti-Semitism.

Not only that, but most Arabs are of Semitic origin, so for many centuries, anti-Semitism was against Jew or Arab. Think all the way back to the Philistines. They were repeatedly noted as "uncircumcised." That meant they were "intruders," since both the children of Israel and the children of Ishmael were both circumcised, and had similar physical characteristics.

The Jewish-Arab conflict wasn't that extreme until the development of Christianity and Islam. After all, they were closer to "cousins" compared to the Babylonians, Greeks, or Romans. It was only when religion entered the picture that the killings increased on all sides because of hatred and "service to God," rather than just empirial expansion.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Did you by chance mean "...by the Israeli people," Pay? Just checking.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
anti-ashkeNAZI isn't antisemitism. If anything is antisemitism it is against the arabic people.

As you can see in the following map to the right regarding Semitic en.wikipedia.org... you see the word Arabic as the dominant (color of orange) not jewish, not israeli, not ashkenazi, not Gods people.

Oh I know I know... the proverbial Wiki is not a good source argument.

Semitic languages. This family includes the ancient and modern forms of Akkadian, Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Ge'ez, Hebrew, Maltese, Phoenician, Tigre and Tigrinya among others. It says Hebrew...not jewish, not israeli.

If you will notice some interesting things occurred after Nazi Germany
Project Paper Clip
National Security Act
Israel becoming a state

I'll even throw in Roswell for kicks and added punch even though it will probably clamp your mind shut to any kind of truth.

Most folks will eventually awake from the lie..I just hope they don't panic.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Many of us don't see governments and their citizens as being synonymous. I don't know of any government in fact that gives one hoot about its citizenry, Israel and Palestine included.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Not sure where you're trying to go with this .

Please be specific about the 'rise' or increase to which you are referring .

I personally haven't noticed any 'rise' , myself .

Are you aware of who owns , controls , manipulates and dispenses the 'media' ? If so , then this would tell you who it is , in fact , that is propagating any anti-semitism that you are witnessing .

And , are you referring to the arabs , or the 'jews' , when you use the word semite ? After all , they are both semite .

If indeed you are referring to the arabs , then yes , I'm seeing a vast increase in anti-semitism .

Everything that you think you know about what is going on in the Middle East is being spoon-fed to you by this very same media that you speak of . How do you know what is true or false ?

Not aware of what you are referring to as 'Palestinian childrens shows' , as I tend to loathe YouTube . Maybe you could imbed one of those ?

I personally feel like you are misguided and only repeating what others have conditioned you to believe and think .

I also don't believe you have did any real research into Middle East history and foreign policy that dictates the events of that region .

Until you have studied all of the players , history , policies , etc ., then you will naturally remain biased and prejudiced .

Again , I haven't noticed a 'rise' in antisemitism . To the contrary , I have noticed an increase in Zionist aggression .

And no , I'm far from being anti- 'semitic' .

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I just knew someone was going to bring up the Z-word. As with anti-Semitism, we'd better define Zionist and Zionism, quick!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

There's a series of Childrens Shows on Palestinian TV that has Disney like cartoon characters(A version of Mickey Mouse,A bee,A Bear etc) telling Kids in the occupied territories to fight Israel and martyr themselves like the homicide bombers You hear about today.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

.... and you are blaming the citizens and their children for the content of government run television?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
He's right!

Look at all of these jew hating, anti-Semitic assholes!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The Jewish people need to go back to Germany and Poland, where they came from 10,000 years ago. And the group from The USA needs to go back to the USA or other countries they came from.

For some reason these people in the middle east, who have claim jumped using God as an aliby are merely trying to kill other God fearing people who do what their God wants them to do.

Is this God crazy? Who is this God who makes war on himself? Perhaps neither God is a God, but merely the construct of Men.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join