It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There are what look like oil blobs coming from the seafloor on Development Driller ROV 1 where the well stem goes into the seafloor (I think that's what the feed is showing). Hard to tell though as a full screen is too pixelated.

EDIT: Definitely leaking bubbles thee. Loos like oil but the lighting is just too bad.

edit on 10-9-2010 by DragonFire1024 because: Definite leak

edit on 10-9-2010 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not looking good on the feeds front:

I'm looking at 3 black screens, 1 green and a grey 'waiting for network'

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thad Allens head might actually spin off his body if he had to deal with more then one step at a time. I just looked at a post here on this forum saying something to the effect that it's over. It won't be over in my life time. Those living & working in the area will be the first to show signs of health concerns followed by infants, children & the elderly. And, given that this all happened right on top of the hurricane season, the winds have taken this toxic waste site all over the country, more specifically, north & east of the Gulf. I expect all related stats regarding those concerns will be going up soon.

Should people who live some distance from the Gulf develop medical problems they will have a hard time proving their issues are related to this disaster. Some where along the line it will be decided there has to be a cut off point for claims. In the mean time there will be less & less info coming out of that part of our world. BP may have gotten their wish to get this out of sight.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The removed BOP was leaning seriously before its removal. I'm guessing that is part of why it was removed & why the feeds will go down soon. There was no way explain that and make it happy news.

Kat, I'm still trying to figure out the source of the explosions you've heard throught out this siege. Have you discovered a cause yet? ( If you did I may have missed it. ) To me it seems unlikely that explosions are a regular part of life in your area.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

This is just a thought that I have concerning the final relief wells completion date that keeps being put off. We are now in the peak of the hurricane season and we all have been very lucky that a category 3+ storm has not hit the gulf region of this spill.

I am sure there are government clauses that provide “waivers” of responsibility due to natural disasters for these drilling platforms as well as well heads.

We all know here from the fine work presented by the 24/7 crew here that the well head is still leaking as well as oil seeping up from the ground.

Could BP be waiting for that “perfect storm”?

I monitor our tropical storm map everyday for the Test The Rain Project………waiting and watching for that storm to brew up that would pull up all the toxins that have been sunk to the bottom of the sea floor.

Let’s say category 3+ hurricane hits directly on the well head site area. All ROV’s feeds are gone and the BOP collapses due to turbulent seas.

More oil gushes into the gulf and BP is off the hook due to the “natural disaster” clause in their drilling permits.

There are two storms out there that could threaten the gulf region next week.....It will be interesting to see how this plays out………….

edit on 10-9-2010 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kno22
reply to post by StealthyKat

The removed BOP was leaning seriously before its removal. I'm guessing that is part of why it was removed & why the feeds will go down soon. There was no way explain that and make it happy news.

Kat, I'm still trying to figure out the source of the explosions you've heard throught out this siege. Have you discovered a cause yet? ( If you did I may have missed it. ) To me it seems unlikely that explosions are a regular part of life in your area.

I have never found out....the explosions I mentioned were underwater on the cams.....myself and a few others have seen them.....and were speculating that it looks volcanic....there was quite a blow last night right before the crevice by the new BOP happened.....now all cams are off.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

Yes I agree with part of that, but what about the people who are ill that show any or all the toxins from the spill in their blood? That is not natural & I'm not sure how they could skate around that...although it's BP LOL!!
However NOT funny...

Ektar

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

Thad Allen gave an update last week (I posted here pretty recently) re BOP, when it initially went down in the explosion it did not pop up straight but bent at ~ 2% angle. He said they were going to try to straighten it back during the procedure that started last weekend....changing the cap & etc.

Ektar

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Captured these shots tonight along w/ video, however haven't had a chance to fig
video out yet. Leaks in multiple places & the points shown in photo #2 are leaking
on average of a group consisting of 3 to 4 drops ~ every 1/2 sec....sorry trying to make that non medical
so everyone can understand....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/212eba3ea4ac.jpg[/atsimg]
Picture does not do it justice...however look how beaten & worn this photo looks compared to yesterday...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc7c8ed32371.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow. All the cams are off. Well, I did see one on but it was just showing green. What the heck is that all about?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Wow. All the cams are off. Well, I did see one on but it was just showing green. What the heck is that all about?

try refreshing your browser.

there are a few still on, although not showing much.

what are you looking for, anyway?

www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
No oil is leaking/gushing into the Gulf...really? Then why are they just now "recovering dispersant hose"?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
No oil is leaking/gushing into the Gulf...really? Then why are they just now "recovering dispersant hose"?

]

not necessarily disagreeing with you, but i hardly think they are concerned with removing that in a timely manner, whether its need or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Oh really look at DD2 right now oil and gas are blowing like crazy!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Oh really look at DD2 right now oil and gas are blowing like crazy!!!!

where did i state otherwise?

edited to add: also, dd2 isnt working on my screen. i only have dd1 and it appears calm at the moment.

edit on 12-9-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hopefully someone captured it on video. DD2 was looking at a " beehive" formation under the BOP connector.
Soon a big plume of oil and lots of gas bubbles. Now DD2 has switched to the other side of the BOP. They (BP) probably figure the "sheep" are watching football and didn't notice.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That seems to be the issue. Oh, and I stand corrected it is DD1. Those of us who constantly watch the feeds and those who peek in once in a while. As boring as it may seem try watching the feeds for a couple hours you are guaranteed to view the same thing the rest of us are watching.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looks like BP decided to try and clean the new BOP. Here we go again!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

That seems to be the issue. Oh, and I stand corrected it is DD1. Those of us who constantly watch the feeds and those who peek in once in a while. As boring as it may seem try watching the feeds for a couple hours you are guaranteed to view the same thing the rest of us are watching.

Pardon? Are you really trying to play some sort of flame card on me?

I care not to play.

how are you helping this thread?

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join