It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Armada of U.S. and Israeli Warships Head for Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Just as a side note: Iran cancelled the Israel confrontational 'aide" ship.

I suppose the show of force was enough to make Achmadinnerjacket change his mind, and realize perhaps it wasn't such a good idea.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Dammit !
(second line.)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by jedi_hamster

they won't attack iran without some sort of a false flag

Really?

*bangs head on desk*

How about refusing to let the two IAEA inspectors in a week or two ago?

How about a real flag? How about they are building nukes, and just enriched another lot of 20% uranium? "about 37 pounds"...

news.yahoo.com...

Iran produced 17 kgs of further enriched uranium
AP

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press Writer – Wed Jun 23, 7:53 am ET
TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's nuclear chief said Wednesday his country has produced 17 kilograms of uranium enriched to 20 percent, defying U.N. demands to halt the controversial program.

The 20 percent level, needed to produce fuel for a medical research reactor, is far below the more than 90 percent required to build a nuclear weapon, but U.S. officials have expressed concern Iran may be moving closer to the ability to reach weapons-grade level.

The United States and its allies accuse Iran of seeking to acquire atomic weapons. Tehran denies the charge, saying its nuclear program is geared toward generating electricity.

Iran has been producing the 20 percent enriched material since February. The new figure of 17 kilograms — about 37 pounds — was announced by Vice President Ali Akbar Salehi, who heads Iran's nuclear program.

The term "false flag" has become now, as useless as the term racist. It is overused when people cannot grasp a concept that events may take place they never have, nor may never hear about. Things happen all the time we never hear or know about.

Not everything is false, sometimes it is very, very real.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Libertygal]

Why should any nuclear inspectors be allowed to go into Iran? Why not send them to israel. Iran is not a threat to the US, they are so far away, dont have any delivery system, seriously. I honestly dont care if they have nukes because if war starts there it will remain there, and I dont give a rats ass about iranians, I just care about my fellow americans in the region in the iraq and afghan war.

I say russia just needs to resolve everything and give iran an undisclosed number of nukes and then give israel the finger. Seriously

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
[edit on 6/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by The Professional

I honestly dont care if they have nukes because if war starts there it will remain there

What's a little (global) fallout, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why should any nuclear inspectors be allowed to go into Iran? Why not send them to Israel. Iran is not a threat to the US, they are so far away, don't have any delivery system, seriously. I honestly dont care if they have nukes because if war starts there it will remain there, and I dont give a rats ass about iranians, I just care about my fellow americans in the region in the iraq and afghan war.

I say russia just needs to resolve everything and give iran an undisclosed number of nukes and then give israel the finger. Seriously

Iran might not be a direct threat to the United States today, but they are also working on a delivery system. They will certainly be a threat to us soon.

And don't you think that if Russia gives Iran nukes, they will turn around and threaten Iraq and Afghanistan, further putting our troops in harms way?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I honestly dont care if they have nukes because if war starts there it will remain there

That fallout will remain in the middleast and we are exposed to more radiation from the sun, cellphones, radar guns, television than any nukes iran might throw around at that region half way around the world...

its like worrying about a cow farting in montana when you live in florida....

we threw nukes on hiroshima....did it affect us...nope...sure didnt...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Maybe, just maybe, it is a real flag. Maybe just maybe something real is about to happen.

Right, and maybe, just maybe Iran is capable enough, suicidal and radical enough to make good on it's threats to annihilate its enemies.

Assuming they are not, or will not will likely prove to be the most monumental underestimation in the future history of human civilisation.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

Why should any nuclear inspectors be allowed to go into Iran? Why not send them to Israel. Iran is not a threat to the US, they are so far away, don't have any delivery system, seriously. I honestly dont care if they have nukes because if war starts there it will remain there, and I dont give a rats ass about iranians, I just care about my fellow americans in the region in the iraq and afghan war.

Iran might not be a direct threat to the United States today, but they are also working on a delivery system. They will certainly be a threat to us soon.

And don't you think that if Russia gives Iran nukes, they will turn around and threaten Iraq and Afghanistan, further putting our troops in harms way?

Iran is not a threat and will never be a threat unless we keep bullying them...keep sanctioning them, keep telling them this and that..someone bullies someone enough and then they get hit back...thats what the powers want...bullying so they hit back and then we have a reason to attack...simple..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

That fallout will remain in the middleast and we are exposed to more radiation from the sun, cellphones, radar guns, television than any nukes iran might throw around at that region half way around the world...

its like worrying about a cow farting in montana when you live in florida....

we threw nukes on hiroshima....did it affect us...nope...sure didnt...

Say... you have a point there.
And that cow farting in Montana thing HAHA. That's funny stuff. But anyway...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Why should any nuclear inspectors be allowed to go into Iran?

Because, they agreed to it.

They were for it before they were against it.

news.yahoo.com...

Who do you fear allowing nuclear materials to fall into the hand of terrorists? Israel?

Really?

Because if you agree to that, and have no fear of Iran selling it to less that scrupulous folks, then you are either behaving in a decidedly biased manner or simply in denial.

Achmad is a lunatic, pure and simple. You don't allow lunatics to have nuclear mats. Really. It's just a good idea all around.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why should any nuclear inspectors be allowed to go into Iran?

Because, they agreed to it.

They were for it before they were against it.

news.yahoo.com...

Who do you fear allowing nuclear materials to fall into the hand of terrorists? Israel?

Really?

Because if you agree to that, and have no fear of Iran selling it to less that scrupulous folks, then you are either behaving in a decidedly biased manner or simply in denial.

Achmad is a lunatic, pure and simple. You don't allow lunatics to have nuclear mats. Really. It's just a good idea all around.

If you agreed to have a surgery and then changed your mind no one can force you to have surgery..they can change their mind whenever they like..its their damn country....

How are they terrorists..? The only terrorists are the hamas and the israelis, the and the saudi 9-11 bombers...that is the only evidence we have of terrorists around the area...did they do any terrorist acts to us? Can you show me evidence where 100% of iranians did a terrorist act? Show me which Iranians are terrorists

Ahmenadajad might be crazy, thats why you dont start a war with insane people...just as bush was insane and crazy...he attacked the wrong country when the hijackers were from saudi arabia he accidentally slipped on the pentagon planning map and pressed the button for iraq

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Iran is not a threat

I strongly disagree with you, and I will explain why in one word.

Saddam.

I will expound upon that for you. He kept them very busy, and very pre-occupied for the longest time.

Saddam lied so well about having WMD's because it was vital to him to stave off attacks from Iran, who were constantly at them.

Saddam lied so well, in fact, he even has=d the US believing he had WMD's.

The US created something of a vaccuum in that political arena when Saddam fell.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Iran is not a threat

I strongly disagree with you, and I will explain why in one word.

Saddam.

I will expound upon that for you. He kept them very busy, and very pre-occupied for the longest time.

Saddam lied so well about having WMD's because it was vital to him to stave off attacks from Iran, who were constantly at them.

Saddam lied so well, in fact, he even has=d the US believing he had WMD's.

The US created something of a vaccuum in that political arena when Saddam fell.

so where are the WMDs? Did you find them? Or did you find oil instead?
So why do we care if iraq or iran blow each others up? that takes care of our problem in the first place and we didnt need to go anywhere?

Hasnt anyone ever told you dont get in the middle of a fight....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If you agreed to have a surgery and then changed your mind no one can force you to have surgery..they can change their mind whenever they like..its their damn country....

How are they terrorists..? The only terrorists are the hamas and the israelis, the and the saudi 9-11 bombers...that is the only evidence we have of terrorists around the area...did they do any terrorist acts to us? Can you show me evidence where 100% of iranians did a terrorist act? Show me which Iranians are terrorists

Ahmenadajad might be crazy, thats why you dont start a war with insane people...just as bush was insane and crazy...he attacked the wrong country when the hijackers were from saudi arabia he accidentally slipped on the pentagon planning map and pressed the button for iraq

Wow you are either sneaky or intentionally misleading people with what I wrote in my post. Good thing my post is there to refer back to, huh?

First of all, this isn't surgery. This is a country. This is a country that is being closely watched by a lot of watchdog agencies, the IAEA being one of them. The only thing keeping Iraq from being a roque nation is their apparent willingness to "play along". This is what nice countries do, to keep themselves from being bombed to smithereens. This is how we roll. Like it or not, that's the cold hard facts. Play along, or else. This is not the US's will, this is the worlds will, perhaps you shoudl check into that, and see this is a lot of nations involved, not just the US.

The surgery thing was a bit.. far fetched.. don't you think?

How are they terrorists..?

Ok, where did I say they were terrorists? Please, do show me?

When I spoke of them selling nuclear material to terrorists, I was clearly speaking of Iran selling it to terrorists. Not calling Iran terrorists.

Nice way to slip in the Israel attack, though, got to give you credit, you guys get better at obfuscating every day.

But anywas, no, I was meaning Iran would be willing and probably try - to sell nuclear mats to terrorists. It doesn't take a lof of refining waste to make a few thousand dirty bombs.

Should be worth some dirty millions.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Iran is not a threat and will never be a threat unless we keep bullying them...keep sanctioning them, keep telling them this and that..someone bullies someone enough and then they get hit back...thats what the powers want...bullying so they hit back and then we have a reason to attack...simple..

Iran is a nation of radical Islamic Extremists. We don't have to bully them. If they nuke Israel into oblivion, they will still hate our guts and come after us next; just like Hitler would have done if he would have taken Great Britain.

They have declared jihad against us. They are whacked out and they will always hate us.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

Iran is a nation of radical Islamic Extremists. We don't have to bully them. If they nuke Israel into oblivion, they will still hate our guts and come after us next; just like Hitler would have done if he would have taken Great Britain.

They have declared jihad against us. They are whacked out and they will always hate us.

Thats like calling the USA a nation of radical christian waco, unabomber extremists. If they nuke israel they wont care about us. the only reason they do not like us is that daddy (USA) does not punish israel and lets them do anything they want over their. If the US does not support israel, the hatred will go away.

Speaking of hate, who told you that they hate the USA? do you have any iranian friends, or just what you saw on TV...some crazy leader of iran saying this and that...have you interviewd all the people of iran and gotten a poll of how they hate americans?

I bet more americans hate the USA than Iranians hate the USA...want to take a poll on that?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Wow you are either sneaky or intentionally misleading people with what I wrote in my post. Good thing my post is there to refer back to, huh?

First of all, this isn't surgery. This is a country. This is a country that is being closely watched by a lot of watchdog agencies, the IAEA being one of them. The only thing keeping Iraq from being a roque nation is their apparent willingness to "play along". This is what nice countries do, to keep themselves from being bombed to smithereens. This is how we roll. Like it or not, that's the cold hard facts. Play along, or else. This is not the US's will, this is the worlds will, perhaps you shoudl check into that, and see this is a lot of nations involved, not just the US.

The surgery thing was a bit.. far fetched.. don't you think?

How are they terrorists..?

Ok, where did I say they were terrorists? Please, do show me?

When I spoke of them selling nuclear material to terrorists, I was clearly speaking of Iran selling it to terrorists. Not calling Iran terrorists.

Nice way to slip in the Israel attack, though, got to give you credit, you guys get better at obfuscating every day.

But anywas, no, I was meaning Iran would be willing and probably try - to sell nuclear mats to terrorists. It doesn't take a lof of refining waste to make a few thousand dirty bombs.

Should be worth some dirty millions.

Israel is just as bad as Hamas, they are both terrorist organisations. Both kill indiscrimintaly, both create terror. Hamas creates terror for israel, israel creates terror for palestinains. Therefore logically they are both terrorist organizations

"you guys" what kind of guy am I?

Iran is probably willing to try a lot of things, every nation is probably willing to try a lot of things. You have to show me evidence that they they have a target, objective, mission, people involved in such a plan. And if there is such, not saying there isn't what is the motive? Yes the motive...it is the US support for Israel..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thats like calling the USA a nation of radical christian waco, unabomber extremists. If they nuke israel they wont care about us. the only reason they do not like us is that daddy (USA) does not punish israel and lets them do anything they want over their. If the US does not support israel, the hatred will go away.

Speaking of hate, who told you that they hate the USA? do you have any iranian friends, or just what you saw on TV...some crazy leader of iran saying this and that...have you interviewd all the people of iran and gotten a poll of how they hate americans?

I bet more americans hate the USA than Iranians hate the USA...want to take a poll on that?

The Iranian Americans that I have met, all love this country. I was impressed. The majority of Iranians are being held hostage by The Mullah's, Ackmadinnerjock, and the revolutionary guard.

My beef is with the radical Islamic wackos who are ruining the country.

If Iranians love America, maybe you should too. Get with the program.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This has been scheduled deployment there changing out carriers in the fifth fleet. Every 6 months carriers return to port this is a change out if you google youll find a US carrier went through the suez 6 months ago. The aircraft in question is the Truman ill post its itinerary :

21May2010,
departed Norfolk for a six-month deployment,
to the 5th and 6th fleet areas of operations,
in support of maritime security operations.
21May-02Jun2010, Lant
02Jun2010, transited the Strait of Gibraltar
03Jun-08Jun2010, Med
09Jun-12Jun2010, Marseille, France
13Jun2010,
anchored off the coast of Hyers
to observe the air show celebrating
the 100th anniversary of French Naval Aviation
14Jun-17Jun2010, Med
18Jun2010,
transited the Suez Canal,
and entered the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Operations
18Jun-19Jun2010, Red Sea

PS If there was an attack trust me the navy would not post it on there website. And just so you know CVN-69 Dwight D. Eisenhower will be traveling through the suez to return to Norfolk maybe this will prevent a new thread.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join