It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't the BP banner read America is destroying the oceans to get the oil we need?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
THIS THREAD IS ASININE.

Chew on that. This is a STUPID THREAD.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Shine71]

Before doing that, try to educate your people. Apart from %1 clever people who most of them work in universities, 99% of US citizens do know NOTHING about the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I’ve started a thread with that question. I really do not understand it either...
Killing the oceans makes it easier to get the oil?

I hope to get an answer.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

The OP's question was addressed to AMERICANS. You are just adding useless ramblings to the purpose of the thread.

What about purple dinosaurs too?!!

What about green martians?!!

Usless to the topic, SEE?

*ROLLS EYES*

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

A good point, I agree.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

LOL. It was sarcasm. I'm agreeing with you. This whole thread is ridiculous. Its made even more ridiculous by the fact that Americans don't even USE about a third of the oil produced in the Gulf on average.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

99% of US citizens do know NOTHING about the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91c473f09a60.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

LOL, ok it flew way over my head. Guess I am getting slow.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"Shouldn't the BP banner read America is destroying the oceans to get the oil we need?"

don't know but Shouldn't the USA banners on war ships read America is going to bombs millions of people in Iran to get the oil we need?

Not being directly effected by the oil leak i think i know which is worse and a few more americans are starting to realize that we have the same enermy.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

The arrogance is amazing but I can take the stoning in the village square, if i can reach just one person with wisdom and public transportation I feel that i win?! NO?

There is arrogance in this thread, but it would be wise to take a step back to ascertain just where it might be coming from.

well time for a WALK I do this for an exercise of mind and spirit, also my landlord has a no smoking ban in the building..... it really is horrible not smoking and watching soccer you know.

Ok. great for you. What does this have to do with a tragic oil spill and the destruction of said oil spill?

Laying the responsibility on America is ridiculous. The responsibility (as many others have pointed out) lies with nearly everyone who consumes, on this planet. Including you. Stop blame shifting and pointing fingers. It is not going to help you get your point across. No one is without some sort of dependence on oil and no one, therefor, is without some sort of responsibility.

I'm curious - do you have any notion as to where the oil in the Gulf is sold and the percentages?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by FreshAir]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Look. I don't know where you're from, JBL and dec, but unless it's China or India or another third-world nation, chances are there are more Americans in our metro areas alone who DO walk and take mass transit than there are in your entire country. Our geographic land mass is large. In some places there simply isn't mass transit and it's not feasible.

So, yes. you have the total advantage when you compare our consumption numbers to yours because we're BIGGER that a lot of other countries and we've had the technology longer and more affordably than most. Lots of people came here. We took them in. We grew. We can't help that. We've tried to keep up. We failed. For a lot of reasons.

And speaking of the technology, pardon us if we invented or adapted most of it and made it affordable and used it, testing it out on ourselves. Sorry that we used the things we made possible and ignited the world economy to levels you no doubt enjoyed. And sorry we didn't keep up with the changes in the world quick enough to meet up to your haughty standards. We do apologize.

You know, I'm sure you'd freaking hate it if someone waved a magic wand and POOF everything you have and use that is a derivative something developed here or was all of a sudden gone.

And as for your high horses, chances are you're from a tiny country, landmasswise, were running train tracks across the entire country is relatively easy or where there's no room for a garage or the cost of garaging one would be prohibitive anyway or you might not make enough to afford a car or two or there's not point in having one because you do have transit available. But chances are too that if this was not the case you'd damn well have one too. I'm almost sure that people in most countries have cars these days.

And now it's very easy for you to sit there and be a hypocrite and judge us when it comes to something that wasn't possible for you anyway, for whatever reason. As if it was a lifestyle that you as a nation consciously and purposely made. That may be the case in some places, like Brazil, where they've gotten off the oil tit, but I'm almost sure it's not for most of you bashers. Yes, it's really easy to look down your snooty nose now and say, see told you so.

My point is that there's a lot more to this than you even seem to be willing to acknowledge. Are we perfect? Nope. But we'll pretty much have to change soon or die. It'll work out. No need to worry about us, ok?

Oh and realize too that we were to a great degree held as captive as most of the rest of the developed world when patents for renewable energy or smarter more efficient engines were sold to big oil and their pals and kept from us, when small entrepreneurs were prevented by the same people from succeeding.

So save it. Save your bashing. We're not the only ones to "blame" here. We're trying to change. Again, maybe not fast enough for you high and mighty who were already there or never had to face the issues. Your bashing does nothing more than annoy, But if you're so badly in need of someone to blame or to somehow feel better about yourself, well have at it. Condemn all Americans with your sweeping blanketing statements. That's your prerogative.

Oh and by the way? You didn't have to start a new thread. There are already a few others doing this same thing. You could have just joined the fray there

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Deepwater Horizon was built by Hyundai Heavy Industries which is headquartered in Ulsan, South Korea. Port of registry was listed as Majuro, Marshall Islands which means they operate according to Marshall Islands laws. Operator of the rig was Transocean which is Headquartered in Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland. BP is Headquartered in the City of Westminster, London, United Kingdom. So where do people come to the conclusion about the US companies own operate and built this rig?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Holdings By Principle Area

Institutions Individuals
United Kingdom 33% 7% 40%
United States 25% 14% 39%
Rest of Europe 10% 0% 10%
Rest of World 7% 0% 7%

Source

[edit on 24-6-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First video

and PLEASE stop trying to stone!

1 I attend University in America and ride subway every day and see oceans of oil burned on expressway BECAUSE it's easier versus public transportation.

2 STOP PLEASE with the excuses I know all about where the oil in the gulf is sold REMEMBER I WAS THE ONE who informed you (ATS people) about the well casing and many other things= just another excuse somewhat like a child trying to extract another cookie from the jar! America makes billions on the leasing rights so therefore America is a partner with BP. Most of you had no idea about TOD until i linked the site.

3 America never built up a railway system like Europe who's fault is that? JBL????? WRONG....You can still do it if you want.

stop making petty excuses and accept responsibility or at the very least change things for the better.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

" START WALKING OR RIDE A BIKE "

While you are walking and riding your bike , be sure to keep in mind that OIL was a central figure in the production of both your shoes and your bike .

Stop riding the damn bike for crying out loud !

And get rid of those shoes while you are protesting the production of oil !

Matter of fact , stop wearing those clothes that were manufactured with the assistance of oil !

And for god's sake , get off of the damn computer which is only possible because of the production of oil !

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Our food is grown with the use of petrolium. We could go back to horse drawn plows but we would loose our competitive edge with the rest of the world. Interesting enough, the Amish, who don't use oil have become the most prosporus farmers in America. I think this has more to do with their work ethic.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

SORRY TO BURST your bubble.

But!

You were not the only source of information so please STOP ALREADY you are embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Go see the guy in the other new American-bashing topic that says the oil spill in Nigeria is bigger. Betcha China has some doozy stuff going on too. Shhh we Americans are a little busy right now. Trying to start and stop wars and stop oil gushers and invent stuff to really get us out of our dependency on oil, you know. We really should look at what Brazil has done. Haven't any of you other countries got anything we can use
Or are you waiting for something and just lying back and adapting? Ahem.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No... the sign should say "BP and the US government under the control of their handlers are intentionally destroying the oceans in order to get legislation passed to force us into a post-industrial society" where we'll be walking or crawling around looking for food... the lucky ones like you will have the pedal bikes and the cattle prods.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Listen, I am offended.

Look, I ride a bicycle to and from work every day, 26 miles round trip. I carry groceries for my wife and two children on my bike, every day. In the last 5 years, I have been hit by reckless motorists three times, once even at a red light. That said, if I could afford one, I'd drive a car. Biking the roadways is not exactly the safest activity, and it's no fun when it's 5 below and snowing sideways.

Oh my! I forgot to mention, I'm an American.

Look, the BP spill is not America's fault. It's not the UK's fault. It's not the fault of any country's populace. It's the fault of a select few individuals, who felt that safety, both human and environmental, was an unjustified monetary expense. I hold the corporate entity known as British Petroleum directly responsible for this catastrophe. The nationality of those who are running the company is entirely irrelevant. Secondarily, I hold all major governments indirectly responsible for not defining, specifying and enforcing regulations intended to prevent disasters like this. I dont hold the people of any nation responsible.

And for those who continually lambaste Americans, shoving responsibility for this spill on our shoulders because of our use of oil, I'd like to point out that the US ranks all the way down at number 23 for per capita oil use. Per 1000 people, we use less oil than Greenland. So if you want to blame entire populations based on their use of oil, there are 22 other countries in line before us.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by Unit541]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Again with all the stuff oil is used for I KNOW

Yet you are the only nation driving road tanks around in proliferation NO? So you need a SUV for picking up what? Look at Fords last quarterly sales report. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

PLEASE STOP you're all embarrassing yourselves now!

Allah, God or whatever religious deity you hold close had nothing to do with this. Instead what you have is another 3 letter corrupt american agency involved and STILL for some UNKNOWN reason this is not acceptable???pfffttt blah!

anyway I have better things versus talking to people reciting the same old oil is used for this lines!

That well casing is probably going to fail so what will you do then? Nevermind America has all the answers except for the block 252 disaster RIGHT..........

Listen go bomb Iran with the Israeli's or something perhaps it will take your mind off the more serious problem NO?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join