It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me This- What if?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i tell u what ive been ready... u come to michigan and i gotta crew already were all around 24 yrs old and very nimble lol are prepared! guns,vehicles,locations,stop offs, and the necessary survival skills. i have always wanted this type of scenario to go down ( i dunno why ) but i feel like i have always been prepared for it even as a youngin and i can offer all the help u need message me if u want to hook up when the SHTF lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The S can HTF at any time for any number of reasons. Why wait? Get your act together, get some stuff put away, get a plan. Where are you gonna go? Do you live in an area that is prone to hurricanes? Happens from June till November. Do you know the routes? Do you bug in and ride it out? If you ride it out are you prepared to be without power/running water for weeks?
What about winter storms? Do you have alternative means of heat? Power? Extra food?
How about flooding? Are you ready to have to boil water to drink? What about the clean up?
Solar flare? The right one hits we could be without power for years. What kind of plan can you make for that?
Personal SHTF, loss of job, personal hardship... can you make it with what you have in your house? How long?
I won't go into terror attacks or more out there stuff (meteors, 2012, etc.) But you get the picture.
I see ads for survival gardens all the time but do you know how long it takes prep grow beds and to germinate and actually grow veg to eating size? 45-90 days, can you live until then? Do you know how to garden? Do you have the proper tools? Alternative irrigation techniques? Water may not always be running. If this is your plan... start growing NOW. Get the bugs worked out, figure out what works, what you like to eat. Enjoy it and when the S does HTF you're ready, the garden has been growing for awhile.

Yeah, being able to rely on someone is all well and good, but unless you yourself are prepared, you are setting yourself up to fail... or be the third wheel that didn't bring any beans to the survival party. There is defiantly safety in numbers, especially if you are all equally vested in the task and trials at hand. There are several sites out there to help ID like-minded folks -we are preppers, survialists, it's not crazy to want to live.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think that the shirt/hat idea could be dangerous. It would identify you to the government mercenaries.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
How about this covert message to show your a atser. Pat your head with one hand rub your stomach with the other and, jump on one leg in a circle while singing "I'm a little teacup short and stout this is my handle this is my spout".
If you could do that your physically in alright shape. Also no one but a tin foiller will know what it means.

Ok enough with the funniness if the # hits the fan I'f you aren't a little organised then most likely it wont be easy to be organised while things are falling apart stick with the people that you know and try to live of the land because city's wouldn't be a good place to be when millions of people go hungry. But there are different levels of shtf's if it happens to be a big one were everything is destroyed and hunger setts in on everybody then get out of city's. If stuff just shuts down for some time it could be endured and eventually rebuild. If its an event for nwo and power struggle by tptb if some despots get in power, if it can't be prevented, then off with there heads. The last thing anyone would want is this continent turning into the middle east or like Africa despots fighting over who's crappy kingdom is the best or the tptb living far away and using local warlords for profit. Though the nwo scenario would be better to deal with then a meteor or ice age type of thing that destroyed everything I got to admit I kind of miss the wolf/tribe age were things were more primal, sounds more fun then it would actually be, like in that song by motorhead "In the year of the wolf". Plus no tv and no bear make homer go crazy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I wouldn't be looking for ATSers. I'd be banding together with my neighbors. I have one who has lots of food canned. Another who claims he can heal people just with faith in God and placing his hands upon inflicted persons. And me, I have guns and ammunition. And I can use them, and have in the past. So we are a triad of people who have food, prayer and healing and a crazy guy who doesn't mind killing people for a just cause and survival of the group. lol

Now all we need is a diviner who will find us safe water to drink.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Turn the PEACE sign (2 fingers) upside down
and cross the A with a finger from your other
hand to form an "A".

To make the T ::::: give them the finger and
place a finger from your other hand over top
of it to make a "T".

To make the S ::::::
(I prefer drawing an S with your pinkee)
[edit on 24-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

Ok so you could use these hand signals in communcation. First person does "A" second person responds "T" the first person respons "S"

Wow so this is kind of embarrassing. But it might actually be necessary. Along with meet up places. The net will probably go down at some point. I would recommend sectioning off the United States into the ten zones that are theoretically going to be used by the people in charge and then setting three meeting places in each zone.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by detroitredwings
i tell u what ive been ready... u come to michigan and i gotta crew already were all around 24 yrs old and very nimble lol are prepared! guns,vehicles,locations,stop offs, and the necessary survival skills. i have always wanted this type of scenario to go down ( i dunno why ) but i feel like i have always been prepared for it even as a youngin and i can offer all the help u need message me if u want to hook up when the SHTF lol

That's pretty sweet you have a crew ready. I am finding it kind of hard to talk to people and work together with anyone lately, it seems to be getting harder and harder to keep groups of people together for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Seriously? Are you serious?!?!

Have you read some of the things posted on here???

If..... or maybe I should say WHEN the SHTF, the last people I would want to meet up with are on here. If you are looking for support or learning skills for after something like this happens then there are far better sites.

To answer the question of what I would do?

I would fire up the generator and fire up the shortwave and see if I could get some news.

I have 2 years of food stored and PLENTY of seeds to grow my own so I am not worried. I also have other items stored to assure that with high probability that those food item would stay in my possession.

As long as the sun still shines and the air is breathable we will survive.

As far as no electricity or cell phones........ I could care less. It would make life more enjoyable as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Good question.

Maybe section off parts of the country, and have a common meeting place for each section.

For identifying each other, I will have to think about it, maybe have it do with something only ATS users would know?

Maybe wear a hat that says SIHTF or SI/HTF, (Shh Is Hitting The Fan).

[edit on 24-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

Sounds good, but if this was organized, broadcasting is not the way to get it done. Look where you reside, probe and go from there.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Hey, hey! City folks stay away! I was willing to live out in the netherlands, forsaking the promises of city life and the riches that can be had therein. The conveniences, etc. Get back in there and enjoy the martial law and the food lines.
I hope your rooftop garden with the two tomatoe plants and the chili peppers serve you well. lol

Just kidding, all are welcome here at Heathen Crest Acres, if you work and earn your way.Got a skill, well prove it. But if you come to suck off my teat, well, my teats are dry. I'm a guy. lol. My wife? Nice tatas. But hers are dry, too. And you won't live long trying that stuff.

We are the crazies your TV told you about.
Inbred, no teef and our mom's are also our sisters. You don't want to meet our daddies. lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Has anyone mentioned honing our respective telepathic skills?

Nonverbal mind to mind communication would be a choice manner of covert communique.

Example:

Remote Telepath #1: (prompting) "Deny...."

Remote Telepath #2: (upon recieving the initial prompt, responds) "...Ignorance."

Eyes lock and we instantly know who is who and confirm with a subtle nod.

Boom!

Instant non-traceable verification.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In the event of a systemic collapse, everyone (including sheeple) would shed all the veneers of civility and the main agenda would be survival. Competition for all commodities(including the basic ones like food and shelter) would be cut throat(pun intended). In such a scenario, surviving as an individual could be quite difficult. In other words, the rule of law would be forgotten and the law of jungle would prevail. Just like mankind identified himself with communities/tribes/clans in the primitive times, similarly, belonging to a community and collectively sharing resources while defending each other would be essential in a SHTF scenario.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
How about a coin? a circle with the letter A in the center, the a T coming off the A, then have the S going through the T. Maybe a necklaces or a ring like that!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
As far as an ATS based community in a post apocalyptic environment is concerned, one aspect that we must consider is that in a SHTF scenario, there will be no electricity and internet connection. Hence, information gathering would become very difficult. We must track the current events from the independent and unbiased media(namely internet) regularly and must not be induced into a hypnotic trance by the MSM propaganda. The only thing that can give us a head start over others(namely sheeple) is the tracking of real, and not spin doctored, information .

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
hats and t-shirts are WAYYYY to obvious. as are bandannas, tats and matching shoes.....think quietly people!

i've hit BACHRK with a scenario that should be FOOL PROOF. she may fill you guys in later, and discreetly i hope.....lol! it's a grand one too!

U2U only people.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I suggest in this event, we create a flag with the ats logo on it. Regardless of how professionally or crudely drawn, it would be nice to see a sign.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Seriously tho... I think the best way to identify other ATS members is by something ALL ATS members know.

A simple challenge word that requires a single word response.

I can think of no better Challenge/Answer for ATS members...

CHALLENGE WORD:
Blossom

ANSWER WORD:
Goodchild

DONE and DUSTED!
If someone replies correctly, there should be no shadow of doubt that he or her is or was, an ATS member!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
A legitimate concern like this, will always lead to a cyclical discussion. I'll attempt to prevent this.

ATS members are bonded more so by an ideology that is based entirely off of a scientific principal. Or rather, the scientific method.

Therefore, there are quite a number of people in the world that are unknowingly ATS members. In the event of a terrible catastrophe, it will be THESE people that can band together and create peace and unity where chaos and anarchy are the norm. From the ashes, it will be those that adhere to the cardinal scientific rule that will be able to re-create and sustain a degree of civilization. And a natural banding together of these like minded individuals will be unavoidable.

ATS will find ATS.

If there are no members (or perceivable ones) within your immediate area, it's my strong feeling that each of you will be determined to create the social network that you know and love. As you struggle to hold onto the remains of the mankind that you love - AND in the face of it's parallel horrors, you will strive relentlessly to create the comfortable society that this network has become. Others will do the same, only with their acceptable social constructs.

The challenge will be organizing diplomacy among nomads. A challenge that ATS has so far coped with respectfully.

Edit: Typo.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by patmac]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh, you are all gonna either hate me for this or get a hearty laugh...but I gotta shake this one up.

So, you are suggesting that in a supreme crisis, we should all band together and be able to ID one another. We are united under a common flag, so to speak. There should be some sort of marking that we would recognize each other with. ATS is our commonality and unites us against the rest. Skeptic Overlord is our defacto leader.

So, what does that have in common with a bunch of theories on this forum? Sounds to me like a self fullfilling prophecy of the return of Anti-Him. So, Skeptic is now the AC and we all have our beastly brand.

See what I did there...

Cool, huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I am concerned right now about the Joe Lieberman "kill the internet" bill that has been approved by Homeland Security committee and will be sent to the Senate for approval. This is a very serious issue in that if such a thing does happen, it is possible that ats would surely be affected by it so that your question about members linking together through the internet would be null and void...What do you think of the Joe Lieberman effort for the president to have the power to shut down the internet in case of emergency?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join