It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bizarre' UFO lights caught on camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Right this I find interesting since there have been a few sightings over past couple of weeks regarding sightings in the Scottish Highlands.And more and more witnesses are coming forward.I have e-mailed a friend who works down the road at RAF Lossiemouth to see if he has any updated news regarding the strange sightings going on.
As soon as I get a reply I will post it.

Most recent report below.

THINGS that glow bright in the night are still causing a stir around Fort William. In recent weeks there have been numerous reports of mysterious unidentified flying objects in the sky at various locations across the Highlands, and one of the latest, near Fort William, is backed by these amazing photos.

captured by Chris Bird

On the back of Mr MacLeod's report, other witnesses have now come forward having seen unexplained objects travelling across the night sky. One of them, retired paramedic Chris Bird, captured the UFOs on his tripod-mounted camera with incredible results. Mr Bird (71) and his partner Anne, of Burnside, Bunree, Onich, witnessed four UFOs from their home shortly after 11pm on Friday, June 4. "We were looking across to the Corran Ferry and over on the other side there's a crevasse, and they just seemed to come out of there," said Mr Bird. "There were four of them and they all came up at separate times. One came up, followed by another and then two came up following a completely different course. "They were reddish glowing lights and they seemed to gently rise and kept going, and going, until they disappeared into the high cloud." He added: "My camera was on a stand with a timed exposure, and I took some photos of them. When I blew them up they were quite bizarre - with squiggles and so on. "One of them looks like a flower pot with other trailing parts coming off it. One of the people around here thought it could have been Chinese lanterns, but I have never seen one, so I would not know." And Anne said: "It was really strange. It was not fireworks because of the direction they went in and then disappeared into the cloud. They were definitely odd. "It was my first encounter with anything like that." Another witness of strange aerial goings-on was Alastair MacPhee, of Bruce Place, Fort William, whose son is an Apache helicopter pilot in the RAF. He spotted an unexplained light that same weekend. "When I first saw it, it was about 10.50pm and was coming from the north," he said. "It came straight over from the north and stopped round about above Caol. Then it went on in all different directions, north, east, south, west, spinning about.

"One light was shining and disappeared a couple of times and then came back on. At first it was just like a pinhole of light and when it came back on it was like a big headlight going on." And, he asked: "How could it fly in different directions if it was a Chinese lantern? They do not have a headlight. And who switched it on? It is a mystery to me and I am very, very curious." A couple of days earlier, Rev Donald MacQuarrie, of Duncansburgh MacIntosh Church, Fort William, also reported a strange light in the sky and took a photo which, unfortunately, was not clear enough for publication.

A closer look at the lights

The latest UFO mystery is one of many reported recently. But, despite checks with Inverness Airport and the RAF Moray bases, there have been no reports of any untoward activity being picked up on radar. A spokeswoman for RAF Kinloss said the MoD no longer comment on UFO enquiries. In March, Culloden man Rob Jackson reported large UFO lights over the Moray Firth, Inverness and Nairn on four occasions. His story was backed up by his mother, who was a witness to one of the sightings. Then, on May 1, 25 orange lights were spotted by a group of students who were holidaying in Foyers. At one point during their half-hour experience, two of the lights almost collided, but then quickly changed direction to avoid contact. The next day Karl King, who works at RAF Lossiemouth, and his wife, Heather, reported a UFO sighting in the direction of Inverness. Planespotter and part-time pilot Bill Renny, of Anderson Street in Inverness, saw another inexplicable object over the Kessock Bridge on the evening of Thursday, May 20, and Cathy Gunn from Wick saw a "glowing, tumbling light" three weeks ago over Tain.

Source below.
www.lochaber-news.co.uk

Another report

[edit on 23-6-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ugh nice post but not enough detail here...

Videos are what UFOologist look for more than still frames nowadays.

Probably because pictures are easier to fake.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Sorry I am trying to see if there is a report in the same area but with video footage all I can say is that there are a lot of sightings with Orange lights.If anyone can find any video footage please post thank you as well as any more information I will keep looking.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My first thought is Military signal flares ... on a long exposure, almost any light can look odd ... if the zoom is extreme, even a slight wind blowing the camera could cause these kind of odd squiggles.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

K3rm1t.....

Thank you for your well expressed & well laid out post!

It will be interesting to see if any further material about this report becomes available.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

But the RAF said nothing was active in the air on radar or any training going on so this is why I dismiss the flares even though on most sightings near an air base flares can be accounted for.

The latest UFO mystery is one of many reported recently. But, despite checks with Inverness Airport and the RAF Moray bases, there have been no reports of any untoward activity being picked up on radar. A spokeswoman for RAF Kinloss said the MoD no longer comment on UFO enquiries.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
These look just like something I have seen before... Maybe on a documentary or a thread here... I wish I could remember... ... ...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

After I was in the army, I had a nice collection of signal flares -
. We also have signal flares in our boat as per safety regulations. You can buy them at any appropriate store.

I am not denying the possibility of UFO's - I have seen UFO's myself, just that these pics are not convincing enough for me.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
they are making sure all the nuclear weapons, all over the world, are disarmed.
we're getting froggy again and our friends know it!

they've been keeping us from killing ourselves for 65 years already!!

just TCB.
thank god someone is.

IMAGINE PEACE

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I am not saying they are not flares[personal opinion]or saying they are UFOs.All I think is there are so many sightings of orange orbs around the Highlands most are probably flares,lanterns,hoax images etc.. but thought this could do with a look at least if they are found to be flares then the pictures are a good example to compare with other unsolved sightings in the area etc..

Still Thanks deltaalphanovember

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There are only two explanations for the shape of the light source seen in the photographs. First, the camera was not perfectly still at the time of taking, or the shutter speed was set for longer exposure than usual and what we are seeing here was a slow moving object, on an erratic but easily explainable course. Second, the camera was still as a rock, but the object was moving erraticaly and at some pace, enough to perform all the odd manouvres indicated by the path of the light source, all within the eye blink speed of the shutter exposure.
It would be interesting to know what the weather was like windage wise in the area at the time, and also to know more about the cameras used, and the settings in effect on each one.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I seen the same thing on a ufo program last night, I cant remember which one, but it was about the sightings photos and videos from this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If the photos were taken with a tripod mounted camera, why is the tree blurry?

Seems like the camera was moved around with a slow shutter speed, which is why the point light sources appear as squiggles. Either it was a deliberate effort to produce the squiggle effect, or the work of a poor photographer.

Take out the camera shake and you have two light sources that appear to be moving in the same direction. I'd guess planes on a standard flight path.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Hi k3rm1t,

Great post mate! .. and good info!

I find the first image very interesting. I'd love to see a full resolution version of that. Any chance you could follow that up for us? The second (squiggly) photo is the product of a long exposure and shaky hand though.

S&F!

IRM

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

S&F

Good post, you did a pretty good job of getting all the info and linking to sources. However this looks to me like someone wigglin' the camera and snapping purctures of what couldbe anything plane light, flares or spirit orb scout ship.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry but this looks like fake, a really bad fake.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is what happens when you take a picture of a light and you have a shaky hand. Unfortunately, I take tooo many pictures like this. Even if a tripod is used - if its too windy and the tripod is too light - you will still get this affect.

More than likely, someone took pictures of lanterns (right color for this) and they couldnt keep their hand still.

Example of someone purposely getting this affect.

Another example.

Lots more examples of shaky hands.

This is a very close match to the image in the OP

Another close match.

Light Writing - kind of cool. lol

[edit on June 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ah so it’s not a fake, just a really bad picture.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
With zero Gs presented by the ether, the UFOs can move,
actually an erratic vibrate is what you see, quite quickly and
all the camera can do is catch the trail.

Thats what mystifies you isn't it.
Your Welcome.
ED: I'm thinking this might apply to some of those:

Example of someone purposely getting this affect.
Another example.
Lots more examples of shaky hands.
This is a very close match to the image in the OP
Another close match.
Light Writing - kind of cool. lol

There was a TV show of a woman making movies of
these light squiggles in the sky. Its just Foo ships jumping
around. No one is trying to contact you.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ok I have received an e-mail from the reporter and he assures me that there was no video footage taken only what is in the report.

<<   2 >>

join