It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not so clear sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

Bin a while, think my last thread was on astral but that just died down, my threads do fail

Anyways back to the topic, so i smoke so i normally go around the back garden and have a smoke, i always look up into the sky and for about i would say 2 months now the sky is getting full up with these tic tac toe lines or w/e.

I have seen odd ones around my area but it seems like everyday or so the skys are filling up with these trails.

I don't know what they are , but from what i've seen on ATS they do look like them Chem trails, they could be contrails or even clouds i don't know, so i took some pictures with my Nokia n95 the other day, so i thought hey why not make a thread about it.

Image 1

Image 2

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Image 3

files.abovetopsecret.com...

So there you go, if i see more which i most likely will i will take more pictures, unless this blackjack thing cracks off.

If your wondering where i live, i'm from the UK not far from Derby

P.S if you have any chem trail pictures please post them could use them as a comparison.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Those look like contrails from angel wings to me.
But they could be regular clouds, even some chemtrailers would have a hard time backing you up here.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Looks like the contrails have progressed into cirrus clouds. The contrails have expanded, and now became cirrus clouds.

pretty cool pics!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
triple post? WTF? Deleted!

[edit on 6/21/2010 by GenRadek]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Triple post deleted! Sorry all!

[edit on 6/21/2010 by GenRadek]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
chemtrail clouds my bud, contrails only stay in seconds in the air, chemtrail on the other hand can create clouds which can produce fake rain.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
chemtrail clouds my bud, contrails only stay in seconds in the air, chemtrail on the other hand can create clouds which can produce fake rain.

No contrails can stay in the sky as long as the weather permits them to.
Here is some info for you

Q: Where do contrails form?
A: Contrails are human-induced clouds that usually form at very high altitudes (usually above 8 km - about 26,000 ft) where the air is extremely cold (less than -40ºC). Because of this, contrails form not when an airplane is taking off or landing, but while it is at cruise altitude. (Exceptions occur in places like Alaska and Canada, where very cold air is sometimes found near the ground.) Thus, people who live under major air traffic routes, not people who live near major airports, are those who will see the most contrails. (However, some major airports are also under major air traffic routes, which can lead to confusion.) You can use an Appleman chart to predict contrail formation for your area. Of course, a contrail cannot form if no airplane passes through.

asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

Are there different types of contrails?
Contrails are all made of the same materials and are formed in the same way, but exist for different lengths of time. Because of the differences in contrail "life-spans", contrails can be divided into three groups: short-lived, persistent (non-spreading), and persistent spreading. See the Contrail Formation Guide for more information on how contrails form.

Short-lived contrails look like short white lines following along behind the plane, disappearing almost as fast as the airplane goes across the sky, perhaps lasting only a few minutes or less. The air that the airplane is passing through is somewhat moist, and there is only a small amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. The ice particles that do form quickly return again to a vapor state.

Persistent (non-spreading) contrails look like long white lines that remain visible after the airplane has disappeared. This shows that the air where the airplane is flying is quite humid, and there is a large amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. Persistent contrails can be further divided into two classes: those that spread and those that don't. Persistent contrails look like long, narrow white pencil-lines across the sky.

Persistent spreading contrails look like long, broad, fuzzy white lines. This is the type most likely to affect climate because they cover a larger area and last longer than short-lived or persistent contrails.

Contrail cousins are things that look like contrails but actually arise from a different physical process. For example, under the right conditions you will see vapor trails form from the wingtips of a jet on takeoff or landing. This phenomenon results from a decrease in pressure and temperature in the wingtip vortex. If conditions are right, liquid water drops form inside the vortex and make it visible. These evaporate very quickly after they form.
Can contrails move, or do they stay in the location where they were formed?
Because contrails are formed at high altitudes where the winds are usually very strong, they will move away from the area where they originated. Often, when we look up into the sky, we will see old persistent contrails that formed far away but moved overhead because of the wind.
How are contrails different from other clouds?
Contrails are "human-induced" clouds since they are formed by water vapor condensing and freezing on particles from airplane exhaust. Contrails are always made of ice particles, due to the very cold temperatures at high altitude. Other types of clouds can be formed by water vapor that condenses on particles which are present in the atmosphere due to many sources, such as from volcanoes or dust storms, not specifically from aircraft exhaust. Those clouds are sometimes made of water droplets, and sometimes ice crystals, depending on the temperature where they form.

Contrails only form at very high altitudes (usually above 8 km) where the air is extremely cold (less than -40 degrees C). Other clouds can form at a range of altitudes, from very close to the ground, such as fog, to very high off the ground, such as cirrus clouds.
When were contrails first observed?
Contrails were first noticed during high-altitude flights in the 1920's. However, interest in contrails really blossomed during WWII when bombers could be sighted from miles away. In fact, numerous WWII veteran accounts tell of problems to aviation due to massive contrail formations. Planes could not find their targets, and sometimes collided with each other. In 1953, a scientist named H. Appleman published a chart that can be used to determine when a jet airplane would or would not produce a contrail.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This was west yorkshire during the england game, I'm starting to see them alot now. People say contrails, i say chemtrails.

i122.photobucket.com...

Edit to add more pics from this year.

i122.photobucket.com...

i122.photobucket.com...

i122.photobucket.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by slylee]

CX

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

I took my kids kiting yesterday (i'm down south) and the sky was a mass of whispy clouds like these.

I just put it down to cool clouds. It was along a flight path to a nearby airport though.

CX.

[edit on 21/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Cant really tell by the pics if they are contrails or chemtrails, you cant identify chemtrails just from pics of the trails, you would have to get some good pics of the plane as it went over to see if it was spaying something or just a contrail. Either way a would be blue sky is ruined.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi,

They are just an everyday contrail and some cirrus. Im glad you didnt start shouting chemtrail like a lot of the paranoid people on here. If you have doubts about contrails, speak to Weedwhacker on ATS, hes a pilot and knows the skies inside out.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i still say chemtrails u non believers of it always try to find a to counters someones opnion, why dont you wake up to the chemtrails?

www.youtube.com...

I got post more videos, oh btw forget to mention when an area of chemtrails has been spread, some people report of illines or ful.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

@Pryde87

They are just an everyday contrail and some cirrus. Im glad you didnt start shouting chemtrail like a lot of the paranoid people on here. If you have doubts about contrails, speak to Weedwhacker on ATS, hes a pilot and knows the skies inside out.

Right so we should trust his words like those here who trust the words of NASA? seems like your new around the chemtrail issue has been researched alot if you want, search for the threads about the chemtrails.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey,

Cheers for all the possible explanations,

to be honest i can't tell the difference between chem and contrails.

Appreciate it but if i see any tomorrow i will be sure to take more pictures.

Slylee - I seen some like that about a week ago nice pictures mate

Anyways i think i'm going to look into them later.

Peace

[edit on 21-6-2010 by mtaftm]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
i still say chemtrails u non believers of it always try to find a to counters someones opnion, why dont you wake up to the chemtrails?

Umm thats your opinion...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Mtaftm.....

Fortunately, a "chemtrail" is a paranoid delusion.

Unfortunately, irrational people keep ignoring scientific evidence & logical thinking, thereby unnecessarily scaring people who are susceptible to such ideas.

There is no such thing as a "chemtrail".

Please refer to the following threads:

Chemtrails? Need help?

Contrail Chemtrail Research Thread

The Chemtrail Hoax

Are these proof of Chemtrails or Contrails?

Chemtrail believers - I challenge you to debunk contrail science

Contrails: Understanding why they aren’t chemtrails

The Chemtrail Myth

This is not a chemtrail! Atmospheric Phenomenon explained

Why the Chemtrail Conspiracy is Implausible & Meteorologically Inaccurate

The Astounding Effect Of Contrails On Climate

How To Forecast Using Clouds Part 1

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Dont tear down every shred of hope he has. You should direct him to chemtrailers are people too.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
chem=trails deniers are here i see===If you are a beginner on chem-trails i sugest you google it or your area.
con-trails dissapear behind the plane in a short minute. cehm trails go from horizon and usually spread out and usually merge with others to dimm or haze the sky . Its mainly the governments global dimming project that we here in n-wisconsin have seen for over ten years now--
Dont believe it but time will tell thats for sure-[our weather here has been over the normal temps for years even with them spraying]
Here they are even spraying their haze in winter after we almost had a snowless, warm one 4 years ago
Dont listen to me or anybody, go study the matter if ya really want to know the four main reasons for this spraying-[none good]-and LOOK UP PEOPLE AND JUST WATCH--you will figure it out.. global warming IS real and if ya cant see this ya are blind or young

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Mtaftm.....

Zaiger is right!

Here is a thread wherein we are ensconced in discussions pertaining to the plight of the Chemtrailers.

Chemtrailers are people, too…..

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
whats that round thing in your first picture ,have you zoomed it up,might be a orb, like a ufo

[edit on 6/21/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

I started reading through this thread because i'd noticed something similar today, but when you said it was like that a week ago i got thinking even more because i'd noticed this last week also. Last weeks as i remember was a lot more noticeable. I was up early and the skys were clear then within a few hours there were streaks all over the sky, you would of definately called them chemtrails.

My house faces south and the majority of them were in a SE/NW direction but there was a few unusual ones that seemed to have circled, never got pics but wish i had now. Im in the north east btw.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join