It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs Britian will not be 1-1 this time!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivine
Rather than sort out this mess and show outrage towards their government for doing sweet f all so far, they sit on internet forums trying to blame Britain and our Reptilian Queen

I see...
What would you have the average Joe American citizen do about the situation, hm?

Does the average Joe have the ability to go miles out into the Gulf where the mess is coming from? Does the average Joe own a ship that can skim or hold any quantity of oil even if they manage to collect it? What would you expect the average Joe to do with the oil once he has it? Maybe take it down to the local jiffy lube and have them dispose of it?

Lets not even mention that the source of the problem is nearly a mile below the surface of the ocean where only very expensive, highly specialized equipment can reach…

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

And slowly the sheeple awaken, just in time to see their own demise; while at the same time, the five pointed crown commences act III.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
40% of the shares in BP are owned by UK entities or individuals 39% by US entities or individuals the rest split evenly between Europe and Asia so to call it a British company is slightly misleading like all big comps or corps it's a world owned concern.

I firmly believe the shareholders and insurers of BP should bare the costs even unto bankruptcy, BP and their employees have been callous and cavalier in their actions and decisions throughout, to the worlds great cost.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

OR the conspiracy voice in me says that, as Haliburton obviously has protected status by the US Elite gov types, that, that story was put out as the official line, plausible denial. that BP "the foreign invader", just ignored the recommendations of the Homeland company. as it turn out, much to their detriment. . . . result "we told ya so buddy"

Whereas, it is quite possible that Haliburton actually informed on completion of the cementing that all was good and fine and no need to check or run tests, we are professionals, how dare you suggest etc. Just get on with drilling you're losing us money!!

Anyone who works in engineering and says that they have never come under commercial pressure to get the job done is blessed!

[edit on 19/6/2010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I recommend that you go back and watch the Coast Guard hearings, it was thoroughly brought up in several peoples testimony. For one the head tool-push repeatedly mentions that his friend who was on the well at the time was having difficulties with the pressure tests. The argument that ensued has been reported multiple times in multiple testimonies, and it has been clearly stated that the visiting manager from BP overrode the concerns of the drilling personnel and demanded the removal of the drilling mud that was keeping pressure on both the cement plugs and the gas pressure.

Here is the name of that manager:

Don Vidrine
It wasn't clear what Mr. Harrell objected to specifically about BP's instructions, but the rig's primary driller, Dewey Revette, and tool pusher, Miles Randall Ezell, both of Transocean, also disagreed with BP, Mr. Brown said. However, BP was in charge of the operation and the BP representative prevailed, Mr. Brown said.

"The company man was basically saying, 'This is how it's gonna be,' " said Mr. Brown, who didn't recall the name of the BP representative in question.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivine
Rather than sort out this mess and show outrage towards their government for doing sweet f all so far, they sit on internet forums trying to blame Britain and our Reptilian Queen

I see...
What would you have the average Joe American citizen do about the situation, hm?

Does the average Joe have the ability to go miles out into the Gulf where the mess is coming from? Does the average Joe own a ship that can skim or hold any quantity of oil even if they manage to collect it? What would you expect the average Joe to do with the oil once he has it? Maybe take it down to the local jiffy lube and have them dispose of it?

Lets not even mention that the source of the problem is nearly a mile below the surface of the ocean where only very expensive, highly specialized equipment can reach…

Put pressure on the government to do something. Could well be a foreign concept to you, quite common outside of America. No pun intended

The bottom line is the American government has done NOTHING. Yet their is no outraged population. This to people outside of America is absolutely confusing. Such complacency in the face of this epic level of *SNIP* doesn't exist here.

Please read: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors.

[edit on June 19th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

Your new to ATS, so maybe you are not aware of the fact that about 1/3 of the posts here are about how the government doesn't listen to folks in this country anymore about anything, and react in a less then favorable way when people get up in arms about something. They tend to either do the exact opposite, or after all their corporate interests get involved, what they do is so messed up that its absolutely worthless. Just look at the Socialized Medicine debacle, the immigration issue, or how they are turning this into an excuse for “cap and trade” legislation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I don't know thats as maybe. But usually, psychologically speaking if the BP guy came down hard, demanding this or that could be 1 of two things.

1, He is just an arse in general with bad interpersonal skills.

2, He has just been chewed out and is looking for someone to take it out on.

We will never know the in and out of the back room politics. Who rang who fro behind a nice shiny desk. miles away from the event.

To those people in their ivory towers the situation is just an email from a contractor advising on a situation. and just another thing to get through before they can go to lunch (welcome to my world)

I think it is far too easy to say that every part in this is a victim to the supposed negligent activity of "BP" and in that, we are not talking about Hayward or his boss looking down on the small people. We are looking at the guys out there on the rig doing the job. When in all probability most parties will most likely be complicit in the project activities, and had full knowledge on what was going on. whilst at the same time all there are having their strings pulled by the bean counters, and critical flow analysts in the shiny offices.

It is the joy of heavy engineering projects. Welcome to my world.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I honestly cannot believe the anti-british feelings over there in america right now. When the recession kicked in, emerging from lets face it, the collapse of the wall street banks, we didn't go out burning down McDonalds / Subway / Starbucks or the other s**tty little bits of US capitalism on our streets.

WE ARE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HOW *DARE* ANY OF U TURN AGAINST MY PEOPLE

I *DON'T* WORK FOR BP AND HAVE *NO* AFFILIATION WITH THIS INDUSTRY LET ALONE THE COMPANY

MY *ONLY* "SIN" IS THAT IS WAS BORN IN MANCHESTER WHICH *HAPPENS* TO BE IN ENGLAND

HOW *DARE* YOU, YOU YANKEE TW*TS!

edit to add:
I'm very sorry for the US members on ATS because this is not aimed at you, you are just citizens of a similar country to mine, this is not aimed atr you, this is aimed at the george cross burning hicks we see on Sky News/BBC News 24 and the general anti-british media led hysteria. Living in a low income northern town where a lot of locals have gone to fought US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and lost their lives in the process I find it heartbreaking and my anger shows here. No offence meant to anyone with the strength to deny ignirance

[edit on 19-6-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

They were way behind on this well because it had given them tremendous problems up to that point. BP's management wanted to hurry up and get it capped so they could move the rig to its next drill sight. It was costing BP over a million dollars a day while that rig sat there trying to cap the well, and management wanted to put the spurs to Transocean to get it finished. This stuff has all pretty much come out from the hearings and interviews with the crew members.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah OK, you're not going to find any argument there about the official line.

My point is that you will never know what went on behind it all.

My point is that it was said that the BP guys OVERRULED the recommendation of the haliburton person responsible for proper cementing.

I am sorry.... recommendation????

H'ton rep: Oh excuse me sir, I humbly recommend that we test that we did our jobs correctly because there are doubts that we did.

BP Rep: HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST WE DO THAT. NO WAY WILL I FOLLOW PROPER PROCEDURE. THERE IS NO NEED. JUST TELL THOSE TRANSOCEAN GUYS TO GET ON WITH IT.

Look having worked in heavy industry projects where time delays means millions in lost revenue, I can understand the pressures these guys were on.

But really if at any point on of the other responsible contractors had any doubts about any phase, they really should have been more vocal about their concerns, which should have put a stopper on things.i.e. through their own management to BP management. To say that the BP guys were out there doing there thing like a ringmaster with a whip, to me just does not hold water. Regardless of what the official line from the questioning has turned up.

Besides there is no way the operators will know what was discussed by the project leaders. so its just Chinese whispers.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I really hope, by your caps and language you're not refering to me as the BP rep!

I'll tell you something, I now live in a small lancashire town, despite having a good education I work at a well known British pharmacy retailler for pennies above minimum wage. I started for xmas 2009 having come out of uni in 2008 and found it so hard to find a job because of the economy. I worked my arse off and was kept on but given so few hours because they cant afford it.

My anger is at this case of a lawsuit against 70 MILLION people who had nothing to do with this disaster! The last thing we need is more strain on our economy.

BRITISH PETROLEUM IS A COMPANY

BRITISH PETROLEUM IS NOT "BRITISH PEOPLE"

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe the "British Crown!" and the rest of the world should sue "The Government of the United States of America" for the financial collapse that started with the U.S Housing market. I'm sorry but it is all totally ridiculous! "The Government of the United States" has killed thousands of people in the random pot head wars such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Destroyed the entire financial system and burdened the world with debt. I like Americans and the United States is one of my favourite countries, but ive got to say, it's all getting out of hand. Maybe Britain should kick out every American company, starting with Kraft!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I like how the general response from the UK is "Stop yelling at us, the animals in the Gulf of Mexico deserved it because America is evil."

No, I think you will find the response in the UK is split between one of sheer horror or one on general ignorance, same as it is the US.

Yes, it IS a little detached from us being so many miles away but you have obviously been deluded by your media if you believe that. By point a few postings ago was exactly against this. Don't be so ignorant. This is a country of 70M people OMG HOW can you blame it on a society of 70M people.

THIS is why I tihnk we SHOULD form a country from the EU (albeit one where the UK controls local interst reats, thats another argument). 1 billion people wouldn't take this crap!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englands_Glory
Maybe the "British Crown!" and the rest of the world should sue "The Government of the United States of America" for the financial collapse that started with the U.S Housing market. I'm sorry but it is all totally ridiculous! "The Government of the United States" has killed thousands of people in the random pot head wars such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Destroyed the entire financial system and burdened the world with debt. I like Americans and the United States is one of my favourite countries, but ive got to say, it's all getting out of hand. Maybe Britain should kick out every American company, starting with Kraft!

LOL yes starting with Kraft!

Cadburys make FAR better chocolate...

...one of the few truly good things in this mad, mad world!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The people bringing this case may not have all their facts right but I don't believe it is a hoax.

If you google the peoples names on the last page of the report it takes you to this site -

dockets.justia.com...

It appears that the same group of people attempted to take the federal reserve to court in January 2010 in Washington but the Judge found for the defendents.

So going by past performance yes they are trying to take BP and the Crown to the Hague will they get any where - I don't think so.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by keldas]

[edit on 19-6-2010 by keldas]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hello, according to Mr Jon Christian Ryter, in his piece in /news with views. com, dated June 19, 2010, three days after the blow-out of the oil rig, the Dutch government offered the president of the USA to loan to BP ships outfitted with oil skimming booms, and a plan to build sand barriers to protect the marshlands.
I have had to 'cherry pick' from three pages of the report I printed off, just in case it 'disapired'. So 13 nations offered help, all were turned down.
I think it would be best to read the whole report, entitled 'Obama's oil spill' at News with views.com
One last thing, why is this leak called a 'spill'

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

Not sure what you on about there mate. Im from Manchester myself.

No, the BP rep was a dialog line, the caps was meant to suggest that the BP Rep, was shouting to the Habiburton rep

No worries

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A TV AD with the slogan “This isn’t the first time New Orleans has survived the British,” set against a statue of General Andrew Jackson, who repelled a British assault on New Orleans back in 1814 made me feel like America was blaming Britain for Hurricane Katrina

blogs.wsj.com...

The AD was actually trying to persuade people that the Gulf of Mexico was a big place geographically and that the oil(British
) was nowhere near New Orleans.

The irony, is the AD was funded by BP’s $5 million donation to the New Orleans tourism industry

Thankfully the AD was pulled....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
BP is a transnational corporation mainly owned by other transnational corporations, which tend to be American. Doh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join