It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans Reincarnation Without Government Permission

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I find it odd that no one discusses reincarnation, and what this law means when it states reincarnation, instead make it political.

I'm afraid China has figured out something I have been trying to figure out for the last 3 years.

I think China came to this realization due to the age of the civilization. Maaaan I want to go China now, I'm so close to figuring it out, and they already made laws for it.

zzzzz.

Hopefully they allow me to research with them this phenomena..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What I want to say is this, which I said before, but I will restate.

There is a Chinese delegation here in NZ.

Our Green party leader was doing a peaceful protest about Tibet.

AND THE CHINESE PEOPLE WHO ARE MINDERS ASSAULTED HIM!!!

AND OUR SO-CALLED LEADER IS HAVING TALKS WITH THE CHINESE LEADER, STILL!

OK, this stinks - it is about money and power, of course.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

I find it odd that no one discusses reincarnation, and what this law means when it states reincarnation, instead make it political.

I'm afraid China has figured out something ... and they already made laws for it.

I'm not convinced that the Chinese government believes in the reality of reincarnation.
They just want to control what people say about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I intended to mention this, as a parallel, but I'll do it now;

"De par le roi, defense a Dieu
De faire miracle in ce lieu".
(By royal authority, God is forbidden to work miracles in this location).

This was a sarcastic verse called out by a law-and-order decree in the middle of the Jansenist controversy in eigtheenth-century France.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

And how do you know, what is your knowledge on reincarnation, what is your understanding?

I have been thinking about this topic for a long time, I know alot, but I don't want to post it on ATS, why should I?

I'll give you a hint, Israel was reincarnated

Your ignorance amuses me

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Has no-one noticed? China is wooing NZ. Even tho we hate China, our leader is talking to them.

America, please stand by New Zealand - we don't want China.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

And how do you know, what is your knowledge on reincarnation, what is your understanding?

Your ignorance amuses me

My post said absolutely nothing about the truth or otherwise of reincarnation.
I was speculating on the attitude of the Chinese government.
I repeat; I'm not convinced that the Chinese government believes in it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Actually, it is just a bit of foresight on the part of the Chinese government. When the Dali Lama dies, his soul will be reincarnated in an infant in Tibet. When this is announced, the Chinese government will already have a law on the books that will allow them to arrest and hold this child for the crime of unlawful reincarnation.

All the new Dali Lama has to do to be set free is to deny that he has been reincarnated and China kills a religion through the words of a child.

Simple

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Have you noticed that a top NZ citizen was assaulted by a visiting Chinese bodyguard?

I know you don't care about NZ, but you should care about assault.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Have you noticed that a top NZ citizen was assaulted by a visiting Chinese bodyguard?

I know you don't care about NZ, but you should care about assault.

Are you sure that the chinese bodyguards wasn't holding the olympic torch?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Lamaism has as much to do with the teachings of Buddha as the Papacy has with the teachings of Jesus. Absolutely nothing. How can you in one and the same sentence speak of freedom for tibet and defend the power of the lamaist clergy? That's ridiculous. No Tibetan was free before the Chinese overthrew the theocracy. The lamas kept them like animals and exploited them to the blood. Guess how these pompous palace like temples were built in such a dirt-poor region!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by chase the sun]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is just really an attack on the Dalai Lama. Nobody can enforce a no reincarnation rule, this is only meant to stop His Holiness. This is not the first time china has trieid to take over the Dalai Lama's position. Thing is China is a pretty much a communist/atheist country so the government as much as it would love to stamp out religion will settle now for taking over a religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And I will repeat, how do you know the Chinese government don't believe in it?

Agree to disagree here or we won't go no where.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just an idea, but if I were a Tibetan monk I would arrange with as many other monks as possible to reincarnate in China and go into politics.

What a difference a bunch of reincarnated Tibetans could make to the way things are run in China.

There always hope...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I thought the source of the article was going to be from The Onion.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What is the Chinese government going to do? Arrest a man because they think he is the reincarnation of the Dalai Llama and didn't tell them...?
China: "Nope, didn't tell us first, jail for you."

What if you die and reincarnate into a panda? Are they going to arrest the panda?
China: "We said no reincatnation without paperwork! Zoo for You!"

Not that I believe in either, but eventually you're going to have to file paper work and pay a tax to the Chinese government to get into heaven or hell. They will probably decide if you go up or down as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I do agree with the New Zealander that its amazing how the Chinese can assault a person for having a legitimate protest on foreign soil. A British Police Woman was shot here years ago and it has left a nasty taste. Political discourtesy covers a wide range of actions.

I have giggled at the idea of no reincarnation when you die. But how do you prove a new born baby is a reincarnation?
"Mr Baby, are you a reincarnation?" Goo!

I think Christianity might have pipped China to the post on this one. Reincarnation was removed from Christianity by the Council of Nicea (? can't remember the spelling) It was known in Judiasm where someone asked Christ if he was the reincarnation of Elijah, so reincarnation is possibly a gray area.

I suspect reincarnation is a threat to law and rulers all over the world. Simply, we have been threatened with hell if we don't eg pay our taxes - "Give unto Caesar". and rewarded with heaven if we obey the law' My father's house has many rooms'. However, if one reincarnates, one does not go to either heaven or hell, so the reward and punishment system is dead and the velvet glove of authority is gonel.

I don't know anything about the history of the Tibetans and how they built their temples, but your comments are food for thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Banning stuff works great as history shows.

Not many people know this but crime is actually banned. We should see an end to it any time now, since the ban has been in effect for quite a while. The entire weight of law enforcement has actually been brought to bear on crime, . . .in addition to banning it.

That shows how serious we are about crime. We should see the end of crime in the not too distant future.

The Chinese government really knows how to get things done. Their history shows it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think I peed a little when I read that, government permission required for reincarnation, wow what will they think of next.

Am I allowed to die without permission? How will they stop me? How will I be punished after I'm dead? Perhaps, they send my body to a forced labor camp, but I fear I'll just be dead weight to those around me.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chase the sun
Lamaism has as much to do with the teachings of Buddha as the Papacy has with the teachings of Jesus.

They are certainly comparable institutions.

Absolutely nothing.

I don't agree with this in either case. There must be some connections with the founders of those two faiths. The institutions would not have persisted for so long backed by BS and bullets alone.

How can you in one and the same sentence speak of freedom for tibet and defend the power of the lamaist clergy? That's ridiculous. No Tibetan was free before the Chinese overthrew the theocracy.

Undoubtedly there were degrees of freedom, with the bandits being the most free, the nomads next, the children of the wealthy next, the aristocracy next, farmers, laborers and those with useful trades next, ordinary monks next, high ranking monks next, ruling aristocratic cabinet ministers and their staffs next, the heads of the four major lineages next and the least free, in any sense whatsoever, the Dalai Lama, last.

The lamas kept them like animals and exploited them to the blood.

The technology to do that simply didn't exist in Tibet. That's more like what happened in the Nazi concentration camps and places where slaves have been regimented into a labor force. I'm not saying that such exploitation didn't occur in Tibet. Tibet up to the Chinese invasion was very medieval in social organization, but there was neither the will nor the means to grind the entire population down in the way that you say.

Guess how these pompous palace like temples were built in such a dirt-poor region!

You can't build places like that with slave labor. These places were built much like the cathedrals of medieval Europe were built, with a mixed class of workers, including many experts in various trades and arts, many of whom were undoubtedly monks, working for food and lodging.

Tibet was a medieval society and not too different from any other medieval society in the world, including that of China and that of Europe.

There is a grain of truth in what you say about lamaism. However to say that it had no connection to the teachings of Buddha would be inaccurate. The real story of lamaism has yet to be told and it will probably never be told by those who know it. They are discrete.

edit on 3-3-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join