It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans Reincarnation Without Government Permission

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

In one of history's more absurd acts of totalitarianism, China has banned Buddhist monks in Tibet from reincarnating without government permission. According to a statement issued by the State Administration for Religious Affairs, the law, which goes into effect next month and strictly stipulates the procedures by which one is to reincarnate, is "an important move to institutionalize management of reincarnation." But beyond the irony lies China's true motive: to cut off the influence of the Dalai Lama, Tibet's exiled spiritual and political leader, and to quell the region's Buddhist religious establishment more than 50 years after China invaded the small Himalayan country. By barring any Buddhist monk living outside China from seeking reincarnation, the law effectively gives Chinese authorities the power to choose the next Dalai Lama, whose soul, by tradition, is reborn as a new human to continue the work of relieving suffering.

source

China is looking more western by the day.

A friend sent me that link though I would share it here since now days we all need a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Now that they have the law on the books, I'd like to know how they intend to enforce it.

Great find! Its nice to see that there's a government out there that's crazier than ours (though maybe not by much).

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Tell me about it ....

'The government has now mandated that you must bow to the cow 3 times a day facing ENE.'

Gotta love Tyrants!

Invest in rope

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wat I don't get it. How can they enforce it I mean anyone can reincarnate whatever they want

[edit on 17-6-2010 by starwarsisreal]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Sheesh, I swear that the BIG brothers of the world will make a law for anything, shows us that soon enough breathing will be illegal in some countries!

A law against reincarnation?

The world is losing its mind!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

It looks like it's just their very strange attempt at controlling who the next Dalai Lama will be. Hopefully, everyone will just ignore it...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i think this was the point:

the law effectively gives Chinese authorities the power to choose the next Dalai Lama

basically another method of trying to control Tibet

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Wat I don't get it. How can they enforce it I mean anyone can reincarnate whatever they want

Exactly. They're just plain dumb and I hope they get whats coming to them.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

Why would they want to control who the next Dali Lama is? I mean this is completely absurd.

Laws against afterlife?

That is like the law in the USA if you have contact with aliens you can go to jail, but aliens don't exist?

Humans need to take a step back, but they won't.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It won't do any good. Buddhist monks will only follow the true Dalai Lama.

Free Tibet!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Are you serious? There is really a law against contact with aliens?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

That's what I am screaming!

What if the person re-incarnates somewhere else besides Tibet. How will they enforce that?

So here is another question If a illegal immigrant dies; Will he reincarnate in the country of his birth and have to re-immigrate?

A bit excessive I know but I made silver today!

So I am in a good mood

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

from what I gather, Yes the US has a law that states:

On 16 July 1969, a United States law was passed called the "Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law" that made it illegal for the public to come in contact with extra-terrestrials or their vehicles. (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations). Anyone found guilty of such contact could face up to one year imprisonment as well as a fine of $5000. Also, any individual who had been "exposed" could be quarantined under armed guard by the NASA administrator without a hearing.

Here

Crazy huh?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I really thought it would be something to do with illegal immigrants.

I have no idea what to say

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Bwahahaha.. now that is serious population control.

F
R
E
E

T
I
B
E
T

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

huh....

i've heard before that if you dream about aliens/ufos (which I have many many times before) it might mean you have been abducted. should I turn myself in to the closest police station?

I bet if you tried to do it, they would probably call a nice white padded van with 2 guys carrying a belted jacket....

Perhaps the chinese government is concerned you might decide to come back as a rock? (could be thrown at a political figure) or a bottle? (could be filled with gas and a rag then thrown)

what if you decided to reincarnate as a nuclear bomb? "why sure! let us know when you.... drop in!"

Since it obviously can't be controlled, how do you control it as a government? What if you are atheist and believe that when you die, you are pretty much like a piece of garbage thrown in a dump? A soda bottle thrown in a giant hole doesn't spend it's time in the ground thinking "hmmm, to come back as a orange juice jug? milk container?"

This gets crazy more and more each day with religion/government....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

So, China bans reincarnation.

Does China think they have rule over souls? Over God? Over their own Highest?

Our Green Peace head, here in NZ, is making a complaint because Chinese bodyguards assaulted him, while China is here in our country.

He was making a peaceful protest about Tibet - but apparently China does not accept peaceful protests, or any protests.

I am sickened - why do we even have China here talking to NZ?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
why don't they j ust pass a law, you can't die without a liscense....
same effect, and well, with modern technology, they could enforce that one at least somewhat???

if reincarnation exists, well, I think that the power that controls is is a little bigger than the chinese, or their army for that matter....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It can take decades for the Communist brain to realize that there are jurisdictions outside of his totalitarian control - but when realization strikes he is quick to try to act.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

I think what will really happen, in practice, is that they will punish anyone who publicly announces, without their permission, that a reincarnation has taken place.

Controlling the announcement of reincarnation is all they need, for the political purposes that other posters have mentioned.

If you reincarnate, and keep it to yourself- they cant stop you, but they won't really care either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join