It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiricom 4.1 (2010): An Experiment in Progress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I talked about this on the EVP thread, but I fear that any further discussion would be hijacking the thread because EVP is traditionally not quite the same as Spiricom. I am embarking on an attempt to re-create Spiricom IV using modern equipment. Since I am not 100% sure of myself in terms of the technicalities involved, I could probably use some help and guidance as I proceed. I've chosen ATS to talk about this because of the large amount of traffic.

BACKGROUND

I have been interested in Spiricom since it was developed. In the early eighties I wrote to George Meek intending to buy the Spiricom Manual. He wrote back saying it was out of print. I wrote again and begged him to let me borrow a copy. He did. I copied it and sent it back. I also bought a cassette copy of the conversations which I still have.

Now a lot of that stuff, including the manual, is available on the Net. But at the time I looked through the manual and determined the technical sophistication to build a Spiricom was a) expensive and b) beyond my capabilities. So I put the manual away for 30 years.

TODAY

A lot happened in 30 years. The technology advanced and, I say with modesty, so did I. I became an Extra Class HAM Radio operator, KZ7B, and my profession just happened to involve computers. I am now retired and have plenty of time to experiment with what interests me.

In re-acquainting myself with Spiricom I have found quite a bit of material on the Net, of course, including a fair amount of negative stuff. We can address that during this discussion, but right now I'm just laying out my plans.

When I looked at the basic diagrams on how the Spiricom worked it suddenly struck me that I had most of the equipment necessary to make one already! The one area where Meek and O’Neill had significant problems was in creating oscillators of various frequencies. These were used to form a ‘carrier’ wave that “Dead Guys” used to modulate their voices and make them understood at our level of reality.

Well, today you can do that in software! A multi-tone generator can be had for free or a modest price that can blend any number of oscillators at whatever frequencies you desire. That was the original sticking point which has now become the easiest point. The rest of building a Spiricom 4.1 is not trivial or without expense, but it isn’t difficult either.

INTENT & FOCUS

The essence of science is replicability. The claim is that Spiricom IV actually worked. The task, then, is to mirror the original experiment as closely as possible and try again to see if it works. Now one claim is that Spiricom WAS replicated and that it did NOT work, but I have to tell you, getting good information on exactly who did so when is extremely difficult. There is precious little information available. I also realize that an exact replication is impossible for many reasons, including even the personalities of the people involved in the original experiment. It’s impossible, period. However, I think we can get pretty close, and that’s what we’re going to try to do here.

BASIC DESIGN

The idea here is to create your software oscillators at specific frequencies, meld them together into a single signal and pipe this out of your computer using its own sound card into a transmitter which will broadcast this signal on a specific frequency, namely 29.550 MHz or thereabouts. This broadcast signal is then picked up by a receiver which emits the tone into the room. You record the result as best you can.

This all happens in the same room. The room acts as an echo chamber. Your own voice is recorded along with the carrier signal. Ideally, this would take place inside a Faraday Cage to isolate the signals from the outside and the outside from the Cage. THAT part IS expensive and won’t be part of Spiricom 4.1.

DESIGN ELEMENTS

Software Oscillator from www.esseraudio.com... running on a Toshiba Satellite laptop itself running Windows 7. ($20.00)

Computer Interface to transmitter using a Rigblaster Pro from West Mountain Radio: westmountainradio.com... ($329)

Transmitter is a Kenwood TS-2000 multi-band transceiver which sends and receives all HAM radio bands, plus receives many more: www.kenwoodusa.com... ($2500)

Antenna is a “Little Wilson” 10 meter antenna which covers the specific frequency we want to deal with: www.bellscb.com... ($35)

Receiver is a Yaesu VX-7RB (jmbennett.org...) which is a handheld portable that can receive (but not transmit) on the 10 meter band. (About $300)

Recorder is a Digital H4N Handy from Zoom Corporation (www.zoom.co.jp...) This records in stereo in as many as 4 channels onto an SD memory card. Files can be saved in MP3 format then simply uploaded onto the Toshiba and then the Internet, thus completing the circle. It has a multi-directional microphone built into it. ($281)

The total price for this combination is about $3500 though the net added for this project to existing equipment is less than $1000.

As far as I can tell, the set-up described above duplicates all the essentials of Spiricom IV using more modern and precise equipment. For example, O’Neill used a cheapie cassette recorder for that part of the design element. This uses a much more sophisticated and expensive digital recorder often used in the music industry. Also, the tolerances of modern electronics are much tighter and more precise than could be accomplished in the era of vacuum tube radios.

In future posts I intend to discuss the background of Spiricom a little more thoroughly. I intend to provide a reference guide to information that is available. And I intend to discuss the debunking attempts against Spiricom. I’ve looked over this material, and frankly, they leave a lot to be desired. There’s a lot of innuendo, but there’s no real smoking gun. Connecting the dots to prove fraud is a lot harder than it looks. In any case, we’ll devote some quality time to that aspect.

NEXT STEPS
I’ve got all the pieces, but getting them put together correctly is going to be a challenge. There are a whole lot of cables and jumpers that have to be precisely connected in just the right way before this has a prayer of working.

For anyone who wants some background, John G. Fuller wrote a book called “The Ghost of 29 Megacycles” where the entire Spiricom project is detailed. Though out of print, you can still snag a copy off of Amazon for a reasonable price.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
wouldnt it be possible just to install a software to your pc, that uses the fluctuations in currency, voltage or frequencies of the pc itsself, to sort out any anomalies.
maybe its a bit naive, but i would like to see something like a "ghost radio" software for my home computer.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It might be possible, but it wouldn't come close to duplicating the original Spiricom IV. If I'm understanding it correctly, the essence of Spiricom was to get the carrier wave transmitted and received through the air, which was where the interactions took place. Since we're trying to replicate the original, that's the route I've taken.

I have thought about a self-contained system within a PC. Perhaps that's also worth pursuing. If a "Dead Guy" were sufficently savvy, he might be able to manipulate the bits and bytes inherent in how a computer works. This idea has been used in some movies, I think. But if you use frequencies in the atmosphere, that technical sophistication is not necessary.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Interesting
Stephen Rorke has done a lot of research into the SPIRICOM story and I must say he presents an strong case against it.

Steven Rorke interview

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Most PC soundcards use duplex mode though so couldn't as suggested use frequencies broadcast out of a speaker and recieved via an external microphone, or are you saying that it is radio only signals used rather than sound signals?

BTW, there was a piece of software called evp recorder which tried to record spirit voices. I think the idea was that a 'carrier' wav file was randomly chopped up and reassembled whilst simutaneously recording a question/answer session.

BTW BTW I think all spirit voices are demonic in nature - so beware

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've looked through Rorke's stuff. Indeed, he has uncovered some interesting facts, such as that O'Neill was a ventriliquist. Rorke has probably done more research on Spiricom than anyone else. You can find stuff all over the web, including his many appearances on the standard shows. He's all over YouTube.

Here's his web site: www.audiomedium.com...

Pay particular attention to Rorke's overall conclusions: www.audiomedium.com... He is basically saying Spiricom was a CIA psyops project. He gets so far into this that he winds up with the typical New World Order Illuminati conspiracy stuff. he doesn'y say it is, period. he plays a 'connect the dots' kind of game where the dots are all over the map.

I'm not a particular fan of the Illuminati NWO CIA vast conspiracy. For those who are, they will find Rorke fits right into the gameplan. If that's what floats your boat, knock yourself out. Have fun. There is no doubt in my mind that if you read Rorke's stuff you will find your suspicions confirmed and your worldview affirmed as well.

My goal here is not to be compelled to defend Spiricom. In fact, I will pass on all the negative information I come across, and I've started above. Perhaps Rorke deserves an investigation into his own behavior, but at this stage I'm not going to do that. Rorke's work has a lot of loose ends and a lot of innuendo. His work is of insufficient quality, IMO, to stop this project.

My goal is to replicate the machine. If it works, we'll have some interesting times. If it doesn't, then there may be a host of reasons why it doesn't, but nevertheless I will be compelled to put my experiment solidly in the "It didn't work" category for the rest of you to cite next time someone says, "Hey, what's this about Spiricom?"

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

Sinthia, thanks for the information. I've got the EVP Maker program on my PC, as a matter of fact. As I understand it, the problem with using signals directly from the PC's speakers is that you haven't isolated them well enough, so you will have an interference problem with the receiver, which is located in the same room. In other words, you'll have a double set of signals going, one slightly delayed. Further, the first set of sounds won't be broadcast at the 29MHz frequency.

Fortunately, that's a pretty standard problem when using computers to control radios. The "Rigblaster" interface allows for this to happen.

So, you need to pipe the frequencies directly into the transmitter, transmit them at 29MHz, and pick them up with a separate receiver.

Thank you for your warning. John Fuller goes into that possibility in detail in his book.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good OP! I always like to read posts from people who look at things in rational ways. You seem very prepared and motivated to test your version of the "device".

I would suggest that besides the audio recordings of the device in operation, that you also capture video of your experiments. This way, if you start hearing replies, debunkers wont be able to say that there were environmental contaminants that are to blame.

Good luck, and keep posting your progress / results.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Very good point. Thanks. One of the key criticisms about O'Neill was that he worked alone without any observers. He was technically astute and had the financial incentive to make it all up. That doesn't prove he did, of course, but it's way too large a hole for most people.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by axiomuser

Very good point. Thanks. One of the key criticisms about O'Neill was that he worked alone without any observers. He was technically astute and had the financial incentive to make it all up. That doesn't prove he did, of course, but it's way too large a hole for most people.

And O'Neill was, according to Rorke, in possession of a larynx device.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.worlditc.org...

Don't forget the electrolarynx that he used to fake the recordings!

Did a lot of research on it, everything I discovered led me to the conclusion that it was a hoax.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes, it could have been a hoax. However, Rorke's conclusions are also dubious. His conclusions involve NWO/CIA fantasies that are more outrageous than Spiricom itself. The 'Council of Nine'? C'mon, get real. He is also not very forthright in telling us who he is, exactly, which I find troubling. The only real source we have for debunking Spiricom is Rorke himself. We have to take Rorke's word for it all. If you are going to be skeptical about this, you ought to use the same skeptical spectacles on Rorke as you do on O'Neill. If you want to find a conspiracy, look a little closer at Rorke.

As I understand it, there are three schools of thought. Either O'Neill faked the entire thing. He had motive and opportunity. Or it actually worked. Or he was fooled. I don't claim to know which, but I've studied the issue as deeply as anyone else and I DO conclude that he wasn't "fooled."

You have to address this as a possibility because it is technically possible for a HAM operator to have lurked somewhere near O'Neill's house and simply responded to his transmissions. A gullible O'Neill could have fallen for the whole thing. However, the remoteness of O'Neill's location and the precision with which this would have had to be done force me to conclude that if that happend, it was one hell of a well-run conspiracy. I see no motive or opportunity to fool him. Why?

In my case this would be much more likely. First of all, people could find me. Secondly, there are plenty of people around here. It would be fairly easy for someone to set up shop and do that within range of my equipment. So in the final analysis I will have to address it. A Faraday Cage would address this, but as I said earlier, that's expensive. I found a used one for $7,000. I'm not willing to spring for something like that. Besides, I don't have enough room.

I quite understand that some of you, perhaps most of you, are convinced that Spiricom was faked. I've not set out to convince you otherwise. There is certainly enough circumstantial evidence to indicate it was fake--and this evidence is independent of Rorke. I personally believe Rorke's work is sub-standard. He obviously has an agenda here. If you believe otherwise, by all means keep thinking so. I'm just telling you where I'm coming from. I have noticed, as I'm sure you have, that in these sorts of cases, of which there are thousands, there is ALWAYS an "out," a way to explain exotic circumstances by prosaic means. It's as if they were designed that way. And, of course, it makes you more comfortable. If there were no outs, you'd have to deal with the issue.

In any case, whether you belive Spiricom was real or faked is not the point here. The point is to replicate it and do so in a way that addresses some of the holes in Spiricom. For example, O'Neill had a financial incentive to fake it. Meek was his Sugar Daddy. That's not the case with me. I'm funding this myself and, not to put too fine a point on it, I'm financially secure. I don't need any more money. I suppose if this works I will need to disclose my finances more fully, but I trust that's enough for now. That's puttting the cart before the horse anyway. I don't know how all this is going to turn out. I'm also doing this publicly with your input on procedures. You can follow along if you want--or not. It doesn't matter.

The last essential piece, the 10 meter antenna, arrives via UPS today. Next week I can start putting this thing together.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I never said what you're doing is pointless and I AM skeptical of Rorke's psyops hypothesis. I find the electro-larynx hypothesis compelling though. Maybe your research can help shed some light on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All parts have arrived. I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on a "Faraday Cage." I'm having mixed feelings. As I said above, the expense of one pretty well precludes its use for this experiment, but it's still worth discussing.

The idea is that a Faraday Cage can serve to isolate electrical equipment form the outside world by blocking and transmissions into or out of the cage. This addresses the criticism that you could be picking up "stray" signals that are spurious to the issue. It also addresses the possibility that someone could be intentionally transmitting to the equipment either to "fool" the operator or possibly as an accomplice to an intentional hoax.

This is one of those open doors critics like to lunge through. The possibility that something COULD take place translates to certainity that it DID take place, therefore the whole thing can be dismissed. This sounds like desperation logic to me, but it is all too common.

But the Faraday Cage could cause a problem, too. The theory here is that "Dead Guys" or "Dead Gals" (DGs) modulate the carrier tones on the designated frequency to "talk." If the Faraday Cage were turned on and actively isolating the Spiricom equipment across the veery range of signals it uses, could it not also isolate the DGs from even getting to the signal?

In other words, using a Faraday Cage could result in a guaranteed failure of the project.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
But the Faraday Cage could cause a problem, too. The theory here is that "Dead Guys" or "Dead Gals" (DGs) modulate the carrier tones on the designated frequency to "talk." If the Faraday Cage were turned on and actively isolating the Spiricom equipment across the veery range of signals it uses, could it not also isolate the DGs from even getting to the signal?

In other words, using a Faraday Cage could result in a guaranteed failure of the project.

This is why the SPIRICOM (and also EVP) is considered pseudo-science, testing the device in a controlled environment breaks the premise of how it's supposed to work.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I quite realize that for some people an experiment such as this is quite simply impossible. Their word view does not recognize the possibility. They KNOW such a thing is impossible, therefore any indication of positive results must a priori be a matter of fraud or misinterpretation. No other explanation is tenable. It’s not a matter of belief though, of course, it is.

I have had many conversations over the years with Christians who profess the same sort of attitude. They KNOW Jesus arose from the dead. They KNOW Jesus ascended to heaven, and if that isn’t good enough for you, all the world’s Muslims KNOW Mohammed did the same thing from the Temple Mount, i.e.: nearly the same place, a few hundred years later, except that included his horse as well. It doesn’t really matter what your objections are because what you have to say is irrelevant to this sure knowledge about reality.

I have found over the years that these kinds of conversations are pointless. There are only so many hours in the day and to waste them in attempted “dialog” is not worthy of your time. So when the Seventh Day Adventists show up at the door: One drop dead gorgeous twenty something, the most beautiful woman you have ever seen in your life, one small child afraid of cocker spaniels, and one middle aged matron in sensible shoes, I simply grab the growling cocker’s collar (Yeah, that's him to the left, obviously a dangerous beast.), politely say, “No, thank you.” Smile and gently close the door. There’s no reason to waste energy on anger, no reason to be obnoxious. Simply spend your time more fruitfully.

If a Faraday Cage serves to cut off the very thing you are attempting to measure, it seems to me using one simply to address wild conjectures of possibility thrown up like feces on a wall to see what sticks results in an untenable experiment. I think reasonable precautions should be taken, but I don’t think it necessary to ruin an experiment because of it. You will NEVER, by definition, satisfy a critic who KNOWS it to be impossible. See above.

In pulling together the pieces it seems to me that the receiving radio is a weak link. It’s a Yaesu VX-7RB, which is a “handi” with an extremely tiny speaker, about an inch in diameter. There are no controls for treble or bass. It sounds kind of tinny to me. It’s only saving grace is that it receives on the rather obscure frequencies we’re interested in, plus I have it already. But given that sound is the essence of the experiment, I think it needs replacement.

Therefore I have decided to rectify this by moving to a better receiver, an Eton Satellit 750: www.etoncorp.com... which is must more robust, can be hooked to an outside speaker, plus can use alternative antennas. For the antenna I am going to get another “Lil Will” so that both send and receive will be twins. This is more in line with the original Spiricom design which used two equivalent antennas, though O’Neill simply made those out of pieces of wire.

As I have come across accounts of other Spiricom experiments, their explanation shows them to be really pretty poor attempts—when I can find them. The literature is full of statements such as, “No one, ever, has made a Spiricom work.” But when you try to find just who has tried it, it’s difficult to find anyone. Few of these subsequent experiments are documented. I did find one done by a friend of Meek who had some of the original Spiricom equipment, but not all. It sounds like a portable version. The tones were originally made by homemade oscillators invented by O’Neill himself to specifications, he says, dictated by Mueller based on music harmonics. But in this portable experiment the woman used a continuous loop tape and ran it on a cassette recorder.

If this is a true account, no wonder it didn’t work! There is no indication this was a direct connect to the transmitter. In other words, she played the tape into the transmitter microphone which would have resulted in a double carrier wave, one from the cassette playing in the room and one from the transmitter to receiver interchange. It must have been pretty loud in the room, but it certainly wasn’t a duplicate experiment. That may not have been the case, but the real point is we have no way of knowing because these secondary experiments were so poorly documented, if at all.

I have also made one other change in the system. I found a better tone generator from NCH: www.nch.com.au... It has more options than the previous software and was not crippleware when I tried it out. The 13 tones are already programmed into the software and it appears to be working just fine.

If I can get the rigblaster working, I think we are about ready to go.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Got it! It's functional. If I've not made any design mistakes here we now have a fully functional equivalent to Spiricom IV. The PC to Rig interface was a real bitch. I essentially have to manually override the rig itself because the tone generator software does not know how to control the radio. There's going to have to be some serious fine tuning to get rid of noise, but I will start with the 'harmonic tones' in the original Spiricom Manual: 131-141-151-241-272-282-292-302-415-443-515-653-701. These, if you've been following along, are the tones suggested by DG Mueller himself as appropriate to form a carrier wave. Once we get these tones isolated a little better we'll be ready to start with the experiment.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow... this is super interesting!

Is this rig of yours mobile? I dont know, but in my speculations
of what is real, 4d or 5d spirits "rotating" over the 3D need a reason to
comunicate.. because they loose some of their vitality in doing so.

Perhaps you should go into a haunted house to hear anything?
Any photos?

[]´s
RP

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
cant wait to see how this experiment turns out. I've been using a radio shack radio to communicate and hear spirits, and i can tell you all it really does work. I've gotten a response or my name spoken more than i can count.
SCHUYLER - Do you have an idea when you will post recordings of this? thanks for taking the time to do this!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Interesting.. Good luck with it. Will be interesting to see what the results of your expirement are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join