It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asks U.S. billionaires give away at least half of the wealth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That is great news for corrupt charities!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It isn't my money, so my opinion on what they do with it means jack squat. As I have no abject hatred of money or those who hold large sums of it, I do not embrace this "they owe the world" concept. Their money, their choice, their business.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE

Originally posted by eriathwen
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, but every change starts whith attitude....

Whose attitude are they trying to change . . . should we feel sorry for these
obscenely wealthy individuals . . . so they can feel better about themselves ?

Didn't someone just pay $2.6 million dollars to have lunch with WB ?
TO HAVE FREAKING LUNCH WITH HIM ? Just one damn lunch ! I wonder
how many starving people could've been helped with that very same
$2.6 million dollars ?

It's a joke. A big, rich person's joke . . . on us.

You do realize that 2.6million dollars is an amount that people do actually earn in less than an hour ?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Do as me, I grow potatos, carrets etc.etc in buckets (live in a small apartment), I pick berrys in the autum, I make my owne herbal-tea, I make my owne armoatic oils and creams, I now make more than we are using our selfs and I give away to others who dont have much. I once damned my one situasjon and all my energy ran out, just by bannishing everyone and everything, I just got got fed up with it, and the only thing that truly stops you is your imagination.. I know first hand that Its expencive with diabetes, and my daughter has dia type 1 as well, and she now enjoys helping around.
If i could chuse between 1mill dollars And pretty much the same income five years ago I definitly would pick 1 mill, If someone gave it to me today, I would say no. I would not change the quality of my life today with any amount of money.

I truly wish you good luck, but you have the power to change your one situasjon if you open yourself to the possibillitys surrounding you..

Lots of love and light.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Charities, especially the big ones, go a lot deeper than just the apparent "good will towards man". If one were so inclined, one could see them as part money laundering / part tax write-off operations, especially for the super rich. These guys know exactly what they're doing.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Way to launder, it all trickles back up in the end

Charity has lost all of it's meaning. I have yet to see a large well funded charitable operation work with any ethics. Most of the money they receive goes into marketing and wages... what? not building wells? not feeding the starving? Nope, marketing and wages... big charitable wages, especially if you're a preferred contractor.

Pharmaceuticals can't licence everything so don't expect to see cancer cures that actually work in animal testing already, such as DCA discovered in Canada, or Brushwood in Queensland, to get help with any sum of the funding the top cancer charities receive, and spend annually.

How long have we been saving the world with comic relief, live aid, save the children, children in need, cancer research, asking us for just a little more, when we give and give and they barely fix a village with a school for 20 million plus. Whatever, I refuse to give unless it's local and I can see the benefit directly. I won't pay for someones silly pink t shirt, or a pen sent in the post or whatever silly way to spend that money you choose next, instead of funding research or actually helping anyone?. We do not see the benefit. Have they irrigated Africa yet? Oh, a few wells. I thought we pledged literally hundreds of millions to these causes every year... now we hear arms dealers are taking the money. Sure. Arms dealers must be the new term for Government.

www.charitiesdirect.com shows the income / expenditure sheets of most UK registered charities. The amount of money, in return for what is delivered by any is obscene.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Well again, this is not about the mony in the deepest sence, its about change of attitude.. And when some of those who owe it all are realizing that they have WAY more that they actually need they send signals to the rest of us..
Thats why this is importent! We damnd them if they do, and we damne them if they dont... Wake up and embrace the positive things that happens

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
only dumb serfs would believe billionaires

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Way to launder, it all trickles back up in the end

Charity has lost all of it's meaning. I have yet to see a large well funded charitable operation work with any ethics. Most of the money they receive goes into marketing and wages... what? not building wells? not feeding the starving? Nope, marketing and wages... big charitable wages, especially if you're a preferred contractor.[//quote]

Welcome to capitalism.

Pharmaceuticals can't licence everything so don't expect to see cancer cures that actually work in animal testing already, such as DCA discovered in Canada, or Brushwood in Queensland, to get help with any sum of the funding the top cancer charities receive, and spend annually.

How long have we been saving the world with comic relief, live aid, save the children, children in need, cancer research, asking us for just a little more, when we give and give and they barely fix a village with a school for 20 million plus. Whatever, I refuse to give unless it's local and I can see the benefit directly. I won't pay for someones silly pink t shirt, or a pen sent in the post or whatever silly way to spend that money you choose next, instead of funding research or actually helping anyone?. We do not see the benefit. Have they irrigated Africa yet? Oh, a few wells. I thought we pledged literally hundreds of millions to these causes every year... now we hear arms dealers are taking the money. Sure. Arms dealers must be the new term for Government.

www.charitiesdirect.com shows the income / expenditure sheets of most UK registered charities. The amount of money, in return for what is delivered by any is obscene.

Excuse me for, quoting you, but i felt i should indicate to you the following:

Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne said he will abolish the Financial Services Authority and give most of its power to the Bank of England, in the most sweeping changes to Britain’s financial regulatory system in more than a decade.

The financial watchdog will be wound down and replaced by three bodies over the next two years, the chancellor said. A Prudential Regulatory Authority will be created as a subsidiary of the central bank. Osborne will also set up a Financial Policy Committee at the bank and establish a consumer protection and markets agency.

...yet you and the minority continue to question.......

Required Link
preview.bloomberg.com...

Obvious reading: www.ft.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Excuse me for, quoting you, but i felt i should indicate to you the following:
Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne said he will abolish the Financial Services Authority and give most of its power to the Bank of England, in the most sweeping changes to Britain’s financial regulatory system in more than a decade.

The financial watchdog will be wound down and replaced by three bodies over the next two years, the chancellor said. A Prudential Regulatory Authority will be created as a subsidiary of the central bank. Osborne will also set up a Financial Policy Committee at the bank and establish a consumer protection and markets agency.

...yet you and the minority continue to question.......

[edit on 16-6-2010 by tristar]

This is about the FSA handing financial sector regulatory authority over to The Bank of England. This is a very, very bad idea, they already hold too much political sway. But it's also OT. It doesn't make any sense as a response to my post.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well again, this is not about the mony in the deepest sence, its about change of attitude.. And when some of those who owe it all are realizing that they have WAY more that they actually need they send signals to the rest of us..
Thats why this is importent! We damnd them if they do, and we damne them if they dont... Wake up and embrace the positive things that happens

And that's a very noble point. Still, the reality is that there is collusion to make sure that certain cures are never found, namingly cancer. Trillions have probably been given, yet hardly anything worthwhile to the population has come from it. But be assured they'll be more than happy to make someone comfortable in their last days, that's a drop in the bucket, but we won't ever see the cure. This doesn't mean that all people who work for charities are villains, most of the lower level people have their hearts in the right place, the problem is at the core of the scheme.

Big charities are for the most part financial vehicles, plain and simple.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

In short, you touched various topics that hold a multiple amount of answers. I merely gambled on your intentions and focused on a topic that your post was indicating. Given that you followed up with another post. Its obvious that i did not catch the heartbeat of your post.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
[
Big charities are for the most part financial vehicles, plain and simple.

Peace

Can things be made more obvious than the obvious. I guess....a welcome to those who have not made that distinction be granted a leniency.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

My belive is that you make your owne reality, or its not just my belives its my experience.. It is in the final end how YOU wish to wiev the world that sorrunds you, and your actions around your wievpoint..
Your not a victim to others, your victims of yourself...

And thats a truth, no one can save you but yourself, and that goes for all of us...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Seems like a wonderful gesture, then when you try and get some, good luck, I have given to charity in small amounts, and I have asked for help from charities,

Seems there are never funds available, I wonder who gets on the "you can have some" list.

I am more then a little bitter over a couple of my experiences with charitable organizations.
[edit on 033030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

I so back up your voice-of-experience right there, yes yes yes.

If you want to have some interesting experiences, as an experiment, get all dirty and homeless-looking, and knock on the door of some rectory, and ask the priest for a sandwich...

Sometimes you'll get a sandwich...but the other times, the worthless things they'll say to send you away hungry...I swear, if I told you, you would not believe it...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If they don't I am sure Obama will do it for them.

You know. Spread the wealth around and whatnot...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Darkrunner]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree it's not at all about the money, in fact if it weren't for money in the first place we wouldn't be in this mess, for me it's the lack of tangible, useful resources, advice and results gained from almost any given charity.

Most of the volunteers and low paid have their hearts in the right place, sure.. but even the one's I have spoken with all know the system is deeply flawed, they're powerless to change it, but what I can't fathom is why they would continue to give their time and effort knowing this. Some so brainwashed, that they unwittingly help the system, for free, albeit with the pure intenion.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
let's see now .... hmmmm

600 Billion divided by 250 million
Americans ..... hmmmm
add the zeros ..... carry the 5 ....
add the 1

looks like every American citizen
could get $2,400.00

a family of 4 would mean almost
$10,000 a family. That would get
a huge majority of them out of debt.

well it would me

where do I sign up ????

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No No No.. this is a ploy to make themselves not look like the evil people they are.

bill gates is for decreasing the worlds population with harmful vaccines in the guise of helping others. Others in that group are just as bad. They are the public face of the Illuminati

This has nothing to do with charity.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's impossible for billionaires to "give" half of their wealth away now. These people are wealthy on paper, they are not cash rich. Gates, Buffett, Sergey Brin and Larry Page etc have SHARES that are worth billions. They don't literally have billions in the bank. For them to do so would require liquidating all their shares which would topple their companies. It's not going to happen. If anything, they would leave half their wealth to charity upon their death.

And someone earlier said that an investor paid $2.4 million to have lunch with Warren Buffett...you do realize that money was for charity right? Stop hating these people, every single one of them i mentioned earlier (not to mention most of the top 10) are all self made men. They got to where they are by the sweat of the brow, their balls, and their wits. Stop drinking that haterade and instead learn a thing or two from them. All this whining and bitching makes me sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join