It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres all the oil?? the beaches should be covered.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
wheres all the oil at? there is millions of gallons of oil coming out of the gulf but every time i see shots of the beaches on tv there's no oil....and the beaches should be covered in oil shouldnt they?? and when they do show some oil on a beach it looks like it had just been poured out there...maybe a few gallons here and there....a few tar balls that naturally occure in the gulf..but thats it. 50 miles offshore the oil should have showed up on the sands the next day...where is it??!

srry not sure how to move thread to right place....any suggestions...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
it's floating under water in big bubbles and it's probably spreading.that's the problem. even if they close this hole in the ground there will be lots of oil everywhere in the ocean. kinda like a global problem

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the main problem with no seeing these photos is that there is a media black-out happening.
from the chinese photo thread:

it's happening, we're just not seeing the full brunt of it.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's a thread that talks about the oil on one of the beaches...i'm sure there will be more if the right people post their videos and pics.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Take a look at the thread titled " Pictures from Chinese Media" www.abovetopsecret.com...

It shows plenty of oil. Our media is not showing us.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan
it's floating under water in big bubbles and it's probably spreading.that's the problem. even if they close this hole in the ground there will be lots of oil everywhere in the ocean. kinda like a global problem

Yes, a global problem to offer their 'solution' of a world government.

What really bothers me is that nobody should be drilling for oil AT ALL, given the (suppressed) existence of clean energy technology.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Yes, that camera certainly is not showing the other leaks, they want to stall action on it so it gets REALLY bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The dispersants that are being dumped into the outpouring stream of oil are doing their job. Concealing the magnitude of the effect from the surface.

Think of it as an iceberg. 75% of it is out of view, underwater... so marketting can simply say "It's not there."

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think most of the god forsaken oil that is caught up in the golf hasn't hit any major water currents yet. The tide is the most likely cumprit for the localized (i.e. within 200 miles) oily coast an beaches, and that cycles and pushes it back out, hence the day-by-day aerial views of it further north, and then more south the next. It's just floating around out there, spreading, diluting and polluting, and sometimes it finds itself close enough to the coast for the next tide to drop on the beach. Most of the water currents spreading it around are 'permanent' water currents, and they are all most likely way under water so we cannot see the oil flow with it. I am positive it has spread 300% further than what you see from the air and it is just riding underwater currents around. When a beach in Central America or one of the Carolinas becomes tarnished before, say, the Florida Keys, then I'll know this thought is close to the truth.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Those pictures from "Chinese media" are actually from Boston.com and some other places I saw before.

www.boston.com...

www.boston.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
can't find the "worst pic" thread, so i'll post this here.
this is the saddest oil pic yet...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That pic makes me so sick, my heart goes out to all the poor animals that did not choose this life nor anything to cause/effect this. This should be a pic of a human dieing. We deserve it ten times over more than this poor bird. Times like these just make me want to crawl into bed and not wake up. If I tried to do somthing I would just end up doing somthig wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
wheres all the oil at? there is millions of gallons of oil coming out of the gulf but every time i see shots of the beaches on tv there's no oil....and the beaches should be covered in oil shouldnt they?? and when they do show some oil on a beach it looks like it had just been poured out there...maybe a few gallons here and there....a few tar balls that naturally occure in the gulf..but thats it. 50 miles offshore the oil should have showed up on the sands the next day...where is it??!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Funkydung]

Honestly, it all has to do with the current. If the current isnt pushing the oil straight to the shore then it wont show up as fast. The Gulf Stream Current actually circulates a large amount of water away from Florida and up the east coast.

Here is a pic.

The oil that is in there isnt going to come to shore that soon cause its caught up in the current. It will eventually due to more oil being pumped in, but it will still take some time.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree with him. where is the oil. a great deal of oil is suppose’t to be in the sea. and they say its under the sea?
it is a Lot of oil...
is it possible that we have the wrung conspiracy? maybe they are stopping the press so the dont see that there is not as much oil as there should be?
it could be that they will say "look what a good job the dispersant did"?
or the price of the shares will go so low. ever one sells. so they buy All the share. and later make a very big profit.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Had some family that just went to the beaches in Alabama...they didnt see a thing..had a great time. Not sure if there has been more clean up in the area or it was just less hit...but I was shocked to hear them come back and report they didnt notice any oil at all.

I wish we had more ATS'ers in the southern states that could go observe it for their own eyes and report back.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Like someone else said, it's mainly due to the dispersants that break the oil down and keep it from creating a slick on the surface. But it is still underwater, most likely kept away from the beaches by the currents.

It is only a matter of time though.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
the main problem with no seeing these photos is that there is a media black-out happening.
from the chinese photo thread:

it's happening, we're just not seeing the full brunt of it.

ZooPlancton you hit the nail on the head. They are only showing us what they want us to see.

FunkyDung if you want to see the oil on the beaches? Try getting your news from some place other than American TV.

It is not going to be that easy. They have us hog tied, spoon fed and leash trained.

FunkyDung it seems you know something is wrong and are looking for the truth but you are looking in the wrong places.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I live less then ten minutes from the beach and it isnt around here yet due to the currents. I live in Clearwater, FL. Its just west of Tampa. Definately not any oil here yet and its reported to be 100-150 miles off the coast last i heard. Most likely will pass us right by for a while. If anybody here has spent anytime on the water they would know about how currents take bouyent objects and float them wherever the hell it wants to...oil is more bouyent then the water which makes it be carried by the current more easily. Not really a conspiracy to this but simple science. Sorry to bust peoples bubbles.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
well i wasnt saying there was a conspiracy or anything.....i just remember the Exxon Valdez oil spill..there was oil everywhere..the shores was covered with it. go here en.wikipedia.org... and see the shores was black with oil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join