It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The short film BP dosn't want you to see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The short film BP dosn't want you to see.

This is hard to put into words i am sorry i do feel for these people and this is just a couple of people that are afected by this.

All these people's lives in ruins because of greed shame on you BP shame on you.
Edit to add.
This is the sumery that came with the video.

OlmosProductions — 10 June 2010 — Shot by Robert M. Young and Edward James Olmos on a trip to the heart of the oil spill in the Gulf. Edited by Stephen Cohen.
Robert Young and I jumped on a plane and went to the Gulf of Mexico just to lend our support by documenting what we saw...
Well, the people that we met took up all of our time. It was brutal! I was not ready for the human aspect because no one had prepared me for it
I thought they would be angry. They are devastated.
Take a look at this video and see for yourself. People are afraid to talk and you will learn why watching this

Edit for typo in title
Thankyou

[edit on 063030p://2010-06-15T18:15:34-05:00156 by mars1]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
God help these poor people. Hey Buffett and Gates. You want to do some good in the world, here's your chance. Take some of that 40+ billion you plan to give to charity and help these folks out.

Makes you look around at what you have and feel grateful.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just found this it's not part of the video but it's intresting is this true or just words if true this is good.
Okaloosa defies Unified Command over East Pass plans

DESTIN — Okaloosa County isn’t taking oil spill orders any more.
County commissioners voted unanimously to give their emergency management team the power to take whatever action it deems necessary to prevent oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill from entering Choctawhatchee Bay through the East Pass
That means the team, led by Public Safety Director Dino Villani, can take whatever action it sees fit to protect the pass without having its plans approved by state or federal authorities.

Linkwww.nwfdailynews.com...

Looks like they lost faith in the goverment and taking matters in to there own hands thats got to be good what do you think.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Only one reply well i thought it was intresting a different side from the MSM not long now till Obama gives is address on this disaster.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Just found this it's not part of the video but it's intresting is this true or just words if true this is good.
Okaloosa defies Unified Command over East Pass plans

DESTIN — Okaloosa County isn’t taking oil spill orders any more.
County commissioners voted unanimously to give their emergency management team the power to take whatever action it deems necessary to prevent oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill from entering Choctawhatchee Bay through the East Pass
That means the team, led by Public Safety Director Dino Villani, can take whatever action it sees fit to protect the pass without having its plans approved by state or federal authorities.

Linkwww.nwfdailynews.com...

Looks like they lost faith in the goverment and taking matters in to there own hands thats got to be good what do you think.

Thankyou

Awesome, hopefully this is just the beginning of people standing up for their lively hood.

I think all these citizens need to get together and bum rush the Beaces and start taking care of this themselves, bp and the feds can't arrest everyone.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
thanks for the video

reality is tough ... thats why people still dont want to hear it

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

bp and the feds can't arrest everyone.

You're right. But BP hasn't the power or authority to either bar access to the beaches or to arrest anyone.

The 'security' guards they have posted may talk in a monosyllabic, halting way to mimic cops, but they are not cops, and have NO power over citizens.

If i was nearby, and i wanted to go to the beaches and take pictures or film, none of these fake plastic toy wannabe cops would stop me. If they tried to, they'd actually be assaulting me, and i'd have them for that.

Unless the state or fed gov says you cannot go there, there is NOTHING these jumped up parking attendants can do to you, apart from shoot their lying chops off.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thanks for that video , its the best video I have seen about the real effects of this on going disaster.Everyone should watch this video.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'll make this short don't want to short out my laptop.
One of the toughest things to take is how gravy floats to the top class and all the crap sinks down to the innocent real people. The last guy has me crying still.

Our leaders are soft and powerless. I pray for a real leader with hands on knowledge and compassion. One who would fight for the passion of real life, roll up his/her sleeves and dive in with everything they got.

Sadly TPTB wouldn't let a real leader live.

Edit to add by real life I mean the things at the core that really matter, REAL education, cultural unity, music, art, sport, family, and jobs for anyone who wants to work. The knowledge that a country is a sum of its people not the farm of the elite. OUT

[edit on 19-6-2010 by MinorityReporter]

top topics

join