It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian dating a Muslim, and not once has she tried to kill me for my beliefs.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It really doesnt matter to me what your race or religion or beliefs are, if you fall over in front of me, i'll still help you up.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The first night you serve her some bacon-wrapped pork chops, that'll be it. She'll make sure you're Tango Uniform before dawn.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Faith, if it is strong enough, DEFINES the person. The person, when young, may not believe it matters all that much.
This person may be fooling his/her self for the sake of the relationship.
I have seen it before.
You must ask yourself how strong is "faith" in the family of your potential mate, and can/would you conform to this. You may have to for the sake of the relationship one day. That is, if it is worth it.
And that may ultimately depend on YOUR faith.

The bonds between blood family can be incredibly strong, having had years to strengthen. It would be foolish to assume the family is not strongly influential in the long run.

Keep that in mind, that is all.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Man...just wait until her extended family in the middle east finds out yikes! honor killing anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

I'm growing tired and very saddened by the anti-Islamic sentiment happening in America and here on ATS. I completely understand that, at face value, Muslims seem to be absolutely bat-sh** crazy to outsiders.

The Muslim bashing stems from the fact that there are fringe groups of Muslims, some even pretending to be Moderate, who send death threats and make statements about slowly usurping governments and such. I think every religious zealot is batsnip crazy regardless of which religion they follow. Fundamentalism of every kind poses a danger.

TPTB are simply causing an emotional division on a worldwide scale both in the West and the East, and if you can't see through that, then you are not denying ignorance.

The Elite barely have to lift a finger, we divide ourselves and we pick our fights ourselves. The sheep are bickering amongst themselves while the wolves lick their lips.

In conclusion: I'm happy for you that you've found some religious tolerance in your relationship. I for one fully understand that most people, regardless of their religious faith, are tolerant and decent folks. The reason you see people on the attack of various religions is because of fundamentalism and because religion can help brainwash you into believing just about anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My daughter was engaged to a lovely Muslim lad, we an ordinary family with no religion welcomed him with open arms.

Then his family became involved..usual thing girl meets prospective in-laws.. they asked him to chose between them and her.

My daughter finished it, she did nt want to come between them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hey man I am all with you on the tolerance thing and even gave you a few stars, but there is one part that caught me as messed up. You said you are thinking of converting so you can marry her,
. Didn't you say you renounced your Christian faith cuz of some of their silly and intolerant ways? And didn't you say Islam was no better or no worse in regards to these same issues? Sooo

I think you have your head on straight about the religion thing, saying they all share the same origin of knowledge and reasoning but it is 'modern man' who has diverted it into what it is now a days. But I also think 'Love' is confusing you and making you bend on your ideology, atleast from what you've wrote.

If you convert to Islam, won't you be going against the same idealism that drove you away from the Christian church? That will go against your idea of unity and dislike of intolerant religions, which makes zero sense. If your a 'Real Man' who actually has 'Real Love' for this girl, you will love her the best you can but you should never let fear of losing her, or fear of acceptance into their family, be a reason to change your instinctual reasoning of what is right. If you do, one day that will come back to haunt you and your guys relationship, I promise you. You already said there is mild tension between the two of you when talking about Jesus and Mohammad, so are you willing to denounce your beliefs on Jesus and accept her beliefs of Mohammad just so you can stay with her? I hope not.

It seems you are ready to, and already have, step away from your false sense of pride surrounding Christianity, so if she cannot do the same for Islam because of her families or her own belief, than maybe you two weren't meant to be. Just my .02. Other than that i'm happy for you brother.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103

As I said, I don't consider myself a Christian and I will not defend the New Testament as being "correct" or 100% free of strange line. It's the main ideas that I find valuable in many cases.

Herein lies the problem with this thread. The title claims that you are a 'christian dating a muslim'

Obviously, you would have generated less traffic had you titled it, "I'm a former Christian..."

I probably wouldn't have even visited, much less posted a reply had this been the setup...
There would be MORE tension in the relationship were you both more strongly identified with the religions in question.
Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the conversation, and I view your overall attitude in a positive light, however, I do believe the thread is misleading.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paul762

I agree. There are good people and bad people in every group. We are suppose to love people and try and help them. Sadly, some just would rather kill ya than to accept an honest helping hand.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

OK, I once dated a Cherokee girl and she never tried to scalp me, but scalpings did happen. I even got in a few fights with her friends.

I once dated a Black Girl (UofA Basketball player...go me!) anyway, she never robbed or did a drive-by on my house, but I did have to hold my own among her friends.

I once dated two Pentacostal Sisters! (Those girls were wild!) Their family did try to get me into their church, but with what I was doing to the sisters, it didn't really feel right?

Now, I am happy about your girl. Go You!
But, it doesn't change the fact that leaders of Nations are calling for Jihad, annihilation of other countries, and that 'some' of the Muslims are killing their own daughters in front of their own homes for simply talking to the wrong males? There are some very disturbing videos on Metacafe and here on ATS showing brutal murders sanctioned by peoples own families. So, while you and your girl are enjoying your hybrid, westernized relationship, please don't downplay the ones that are still suffering from such an overbearing religion. Please don't trivialize the arranged marriage of one of my college friends here in Tallahassee. Although she was sleeping with me and the boys, she faced disownment and violence if she didn't move to Orlando and marry the man chosen for her. Sweet girl too. Lots of fun. Too bad!

I hope no militant Muslim (or Militant Christian for that matter) makes you and your girl regret your relationship. It could happen, it does happen, but I am thrilled that you have been spared thus far!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
The first night you serve her some bacon-wrapped pork chops, that'll be it. She'll make sure you're Tango Uniform before dawn.

Haha I don't eat pork in front of her ever. She knows I eat it when I'm not with her. I'm from the country, and there's no way I can completely remove ham, bacon or pepperoni pizza from my diet! Call me weak.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Her parents know and accept me. Her father is a Muslim convert. Her mother was born Muslim. Honestly, she does have concern about her extended family in Saudi Arabia knowing she dates a non-Muslim, and she will not tell them. It's sad, but they are that way because of how the country is.

She used to wear the hijab, but she stopped because the purpose is to promote modesty, and wearing it in the United States draws more attention to yourself rather than less. She no longer goes to the Mosque.

The point I want to illustrate most is that she was born and raised that way, still holds positive beliefs from it, but has applied logic and acceptance to her beliefs because she had the opportunity to do so, away from the strictness and brainwashing of political Islamists.

You are both secular. Essensially, both of you have turned your back on your respective religions.

Were she (and her family) actual muzzies, she would be dead in the near future. Sorry dude, that's just how the muzzies roll.

I think this thread has a soundtrack in it. Sounds like....

kum bay yah

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Were she (and her family) actual muzzies, she would be dead in the near future. Sorry dude, that's just how the muzzies roll.

Wrong again.
And you keep insulting muslims by using derogatory terms, and no one (moderators) seem to bother doing something about it.

No one, no father, brother, whatever, has the right to force anything on their daughters, sisters, or anyone for that matter.
It is her choice, and hers alone.
I am muslim and have 2 daughters. It is my duty to try and lead them on the true path to the best of my abilities. But if they still choose another path, I will never force them to do anything.
It's their choice.

And stop abusing my Queen.*

* - Teuta was our Queen (illyrian/albanian Queen), and military Leader of albanians/illyrians. Her name, in itself oldest albanian and proto-indo-european root word for people or nation is later used to derive terms as "teutonic" to represent tribes in western europe who borrowed that name from the original albanian/proto-indo-european and nostratic.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sounds like she is luring you into a false sense of security ;-)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Excellent post of common sense... i haven’t read all the replies but I’m sure we will get a few of the...
"yeah but Muslims have **insert heinous crime here** and that’s why people don’t like Islam" Type replies

Even in the face of reason, ignorance will shout its way to the top!!

S+F

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Muslim-Leader-Blames-Women-Fo r-Sex-Attacks

Quote:

Muslim leader blames women for sex attacks Richard Kerbaj From: The Australian October 26, 2006 12:00AM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail Share
Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?THE nation's most senior Muslim cleric has blamed immodestly dressed women who don't wear Islamic headdress for being preyed on by men and likened them to abandoned "meat" that attracts voracious animals.
In a Ramadan sermon that has outraged Muslim women leaders, Sydney-based Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali also alluded to the infamous Sydney gang rapes, suggesting the attackers were not entirely to blame.

While not specifically referring to the rapes, brutal attacks on four women for which a group of young Lebanese men received long jail sentences, Sheik Hilali said there were women who "sway suggestively" and wore make-up and immodest dress ... "and then you get a judge without mercy (rahma) and gives you 65 years".

"But the problem, but the problem all began with who?" he asked.

The leader of the 2000 rapes in Sydney's southwest, Bilal Skaf, a Muslim, was initially sentenced to 55 years' jail, but later had the sentence reduced on appeal.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
In the religious address on adultery to about 500 worshippers in Sydney last month, Sheik Hilali said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem."

The sheik then said: "If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred."

He said women were "weapons" used by "Satan" to control men.

"It is said in the state of zina (adultery), the responsibility falls 90 per cent of the time on the woman. Why? Because she possesses the weapon of enticement (igraa)."

Muslim community leaders were yesterday outraged and offended by Sheik Hilali's remarks, insisting the cleric was no longer worthy of his title as Australia's mufti.

Young Muslim adviser Iktimal Hage-Ali - who does not wear a hijab - said the Islamic headdress was not a "tool" worn to prevent rape and sexual harassment. "It's a symbol that readily identifies you as being Muslim, but just because you don't wear the headscarf doesn't mean that you're considered fresh meat for sale," the former member of John Howard's Muslim advisory board told The Australian. "The onus should not be on the female to not attract attention, it should be on males to learn how to control themselves."

Australia's most prominent female Muslim leader, Aziza Abdel-Halim, said the hijab did not "detract or add to a person's moral standards", while Islamic Council of Victoria spokesman Waleed Ali said it was "ignorant and naive" for anyone to believe that a hijab could stop sexual assault.

"Anyone who is foolish enough to believe that there is a relationship between rape or unwelcome sexual interference and the failure to wear a hijab, clearly has no understanding of the nature of sexual crime," he said.

Ms Hage-Ali said she was "disgusted and offended" by Shiek Hilali's comments. "I find it very offensive that a man who considers himself as a mufti, a leader of Australia's Muslims, can give comment that lacks intelligence and common sense."

Yesterday, the mufti defended the sermon about "adultery and theft", a recorded copy of which has been obtained and translated by The Australian.

Sheik Hilali said he only meant to refer to prostitutes as "meat" and not any scantily dressed woman with no hijab, despite him not mentioning the word prostitute during the 17-minute talk.

He told The Australian the message he intended to convey was: "If a woman who shows herself off, she is to blame ... but a man should be able to control himself". He said if a woman is "covered and respectful" she "demands respect from a man". "But when she is cheap, she throws herself at the man and cheapens herself."

Sheik Hilali also insisted his references to the Sydney gang rapes were to illustrate that Skaf was guilty and worthy of receiving such a harsh sentence.

Waleed Ali said Sheik Hilali was "normalising immoral sexual behaviour" by comparing women to meat and men to animals and entirely blaming women for being victims.

"It's basically saying that the immoral response of men to women who are not fully covered is as natural and as inevitable as the response of an animal tempted by food," he said.

"But (unlike animals) men are people who have moral responsibilities and the capability in engaging in moral action."

Revelation of the mufti's comments comes after he criticised Mr Howard last month in The Australian for saying a minority of migrant men mistreated their women. Sheik Hilali said such a minority was found in all faiths. "Those who don't respect their women are not true Muslims."

"There's a small percentage found among all religions, but we don't recognise ours as Muslims."

Aziza Abdel-Halim said Sheik Hilali's remarks during Ramadan were inaccurate and upsetting to the Muslim community.

"They are below and beyond any comment (and) do not deserve any consideration."

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Give it time we will be reading about you in the papers soon enough.
2nd line.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" Second Corinthians 6:14

christians arent allowed to marry non christians, and dating is meant to lead to marriage if the couple is a correct couple.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
People are people. Unless they are trained into a cause, almost no one is interested in anything but getting by in life and staying out of trouble. People are lead into causes of all kinds. The problem is that it's not that hard for a segment of the population to get suckered into a cause. Usually a cause fulfills an imminent need for the individual. People who are still reasonably happy with what they have don't have a strong need for a cause. Often a cause is used to misdirect a dissatisfied person's energy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's the Muslim terror gold rush. C'mon everyone, start dissing and cussing a religion that you know nothing about.

Oh how peaceful and happy this world would be if there were no Muslims!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join